Marvin defends Pacman, because what else could he do...

It's no coincidence that Marvin's teams seem to melt down when it matters the most and he's the proud owner of the worst playoff record in the history of the NFL, especially when you read his latest interview in which he defends the recent actions of Pacman Jones:

“As time has come out, other than his language what did he do?” Lewis said.  “But that’s up to whatever happens. The case is still under review, we’ll see how it plays out.” 

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/03/28/marvin-lewis-notes-no-rebuild-dunlap-tweet-jones-mixon-mccarron/99737826/

Well Marvin based on the 911 call, police camera footage, jail video, police report, eye witness accounts, etc... he did quite a bit. Marvin is clearly delusional if he thinks Pacman did nothing wrong besides his language, which includes wishing death upon a police officer for doing his job. Keep in mind this guy is a team captain, Marvin Lewis signed off on this.  Pacman has proven time and time again that he can't control himself on or off the field, he's a liability in pressure situations and can't be trusted to not make a huge mistake when it matters the most. 

The Bengals don't hold these guys accountable when it matters the most and it's an embarrassment to everyone. As a season ticket holding, tax paying Hamilton county resident I'm disgusted by the Bengals reaction to this situation. I won't support the Bengals financially until Marvin and Pacman are no longer apart of the organization, because clearly Marvin doesn't take Pacman's repeated arrest seriously and has no clue how to build a championship team. At best, he's inept and incompetent and after 14 years and no playoff victories it's time to move on.

14 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I won't support the Bengals financially until Marvin and Pacman are no longer apart of the organization, because clearly Marvin doesn't take Pacman's repeated arrest seriously and has no clue how to build a championship team. At best, he's inept and incompetent and after 14 years and no playoff victories it's time to move on.

yeah I'm sure they'll be all tore up over that lol

as soon as you give those seats up someone else will swoop right in and take your place.

in other words, Mike Brown couldn't possibly care any less if you support his franchise or not. 

Oh and now Mikey boy comes out and sounds like an even bigger idiot for his "take" on Pacman.  He had a struggle with a pre-mature child, so he should get a 17th chance.  I can't even believe how stupidly they have handled this situation from the very beginning.

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

yeah I'm sure they'll be all tore up over that lol

as soon as you give those seats up someone else will swoop right in and take your place.

in other words, Mike Brown couldn't possibly care any less if you support his franchise or not. 

thanks for sharing, that was valuable and insightful. 

11 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

thanks for sharing, that was valuable and insightful. 

no less so than you talking about taking your ball and going home lol

when you bought those tix Mike Brown was in charge, was he not? 

did you really believe he was gonna change over the years? did you JUST NOW come to the realization that he wouldn't??

2 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

I wonder how Mike and Marvin would feel if Pacman had told them to suck his dick and hoped they die?

They probably would have gotten on their knees, they are essentially doing that letting him stay on the team. 

52 minutes ago, akiliMVP said:

Aaron Hernandez would still be a Bengal

lol...they would need more proof, a conviction and prison sentence wouldn't be enough evidence for them to decide. 

45 minutes ago, spicoli said:

no less so than you talking about taking your ball and going home lol

when you bought those tix Mike Brown was in charge, was he not? 

did you really believe he was gonna change over the years? did you JUST NOW come to the realization that he wouldn't??

You're complete right, people never learn from their mistakes and change for the better...what was I thinking. 

2 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

you're completely right, people never learn from their mistakes and change for the better...what was I thinking. 

so again....did you just now come to the realization that Mike Brown doesn't change??

I agree that he should go. Even without his off field crap, he should be let go based on his level of play slipping.

If anybody is worried about perception through out the league, MB would be bashed for keeping a thug and bashed for releasing him.

22 minutes ago, spicoli said:

fuck it the kids a badass, if that's the route they go hopefully he grows up and learns how to be a top notch pro....if he does, sky's the limit. 

I'll definitely be rooting for him if we grab him.

Not sure if that's a giant dose of sarcasm or if you just posted in the wrong thread. Either way, time to get rid of this "kid" and his baggage in spite of what Mikey thinks.

It's shameful and embarrassing to still be defending this thug just because he fits a need on this team.

That's why guys like Whitworth and Zeitler leave this loser franchise to go on to better situations.

Archived