WR John Ross to visit Bengals

John Ross & 4.22 speed  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy if the Bengals drafted John Ross?

• Yes
    • No
    • Eh

2017 NFL Draft: John Ross to visit Cincinnati Bengals

By Dan Parr

College Football 24/7 Editor

Published: April 13, 2017

John Ross will meet with at least one more team before his NFL landing spot is determined.

The speedy receiver's tour of pre-draft visits was supposed to have concluded last week, but the Bengals came calling recently and scheduled a weekend meeting with Ross, per NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

The club holds the No. 9 overall pick in Round 1, which is a little higher than range in which Ross is projected by NFL.com analysts to be picked.

NFL Network draft expert Mike Mayock ranks Ross as the No. 2 receiver in the 2017 NFL Draft (April 27-29 in Philadelphia).

Ross, who ran the fastest 40-yard dash in NFL Scouting Combine history (4.22 seconds) last month, has also visited the Eagles, Browns, Ravens and Titans.

He's among the top prospects that are returning to Indianapolis over the next two days for the NFL Scouting Combine medical recheck. Ross underwent shoulder surgery last month.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000799685/article/2017-nfl-draft-john-ross-to-visit-cincinnati-bengals

there was a time when I thought for sure that the Bengals would be taking OJ Howard just based purely on BPA.....now however I think the target is speed, speed and more speed.

IMO, this pick is going to come down to 3 guys for us.....Christian McCaffrey, John Ross or Dalvin Cook.....all pure playmakers that can impact from multiple spots on the field. 

2 hours ago, BlackBengal said:

If we take a WR in the first it needs to be Coery Davis.

I like Davis as the top WR prospect. He is the only WR I would take if taking one at 9. Hope he can run 40 before the draft after his minor ankle surgery.

1 hour ago, Kochman said:

I like Davis as the top WR prospect. He is the only WR I would take if taking one at 9. Hope he can run 40 before the draft after his minor ankle surgery.

I'm very curious how fast he is too. Bit of a double-edged sword though.

I think the Bengals would have to see a 4.50 or faster to take him 9th. But if he does run in the 4.4s, then maybe he wouldn't even make it to 9. 

18 hours ago, spicoli said:

there was a time when I thought for sure that the Bengals would be taking OJ Howard just based purely on BPA.....now however I think the target is speed, speed and more speed.

IMO, this pick is going to come down to 3 guys for us.....Christian McCaffrey, John Ross or Dalvin Cook.....all pure playmakers that can impact from multiple spots on the field. 

I think Cook's going to slide pretty far. He's such a turd off the field. 

4 minutes ago, happyrid said:

I think the Bengals would have to see a 4.50 or faster to take him 9th. But if he does run in the 4.4s, then maybe he wouldn't even make it to 9. 

Which is fine by me.  Means someone better drops.

I think Cook's going to slide pretty far. He's such a turd off the field. 

Yeah and that's fine.....it's just gonna depend on how much stock they put into his game tape compared to everything else.....his film is pretty outstanding as a whole....still wouldn't take him ahead if McCaffrey however.

1 hour ago, happyrid said:

For what its worth(im sure estimated guess) this site has him from Low 4.38 and as high as 4.58. Pretty big gap for margin of error.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=129974&draftyear=2017&genpos=WR

2 hours ago, Kochman said:

For what its worth(im sure estimated guess) this site has him from Low 4.38 and as high as 4.58. Pretty big gap for margin of error.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=129974&draftyear=2017&genpos=WR

Yeah, that's why it's tough to figure out if the Bengals thinks he'd be worth 9. Especially because Zampese specifically said that the Bengals do kind of have some benchmarks they look at in terms of size/speed for each round. 

FWIW, Matt Miller from Bleacher Report had a new mock draft out today with Corey Davis falling to the Browns at #33 and Jon Ross falling all the way past the Bengals pick into the 40s (with us taking Mixon at 41). 

I'd be surprised if Ross fell that far, but who knows because injuries and the odds of future injuries are the one thing fans from the outside can only guess about. It may be that the Bengals are just doing their homework here for 41 if he falls vs. really checking into him as an option for 9.

The only way john ross would fall to the 40s would be if he were arrested in the next 2 weeks for something very serious. With the questions surrounding davis right now i think john ross will be 1st wr off the board.  I wouldent be upset if we took him at 9.  Really hope we dont take howard and if we take taco i might break my tv.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived