Foster failed drug test at combine

A diluted sample is a serious red flag.  You have to intentionally drink massive amounts of water, urinate as often as possible, then take the urine test as soon as possible.   You don't do it by accident. 

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

Amazing they have similar stories.  They were sick and had to drink a bunch of fluids.  BS.  

What gets me is these guys can't lay off the reefer for a month or so.

What gets me is they're using urine tests when the only thing that really screens for is reefer.  There's a whole pharmacy of hard drugs they could be using that are unlikely to show up in a piss test after 24-48 hrs but with the NFL's standard hypocritical fake piety this is how they "protect the shield".  "OMG a college kid smokes pot?! Does this make them UNDRAFTABLE?!" and the blowhard fucking commentator with a raging prescription drug habit warbles on in mock indignation.  How about quit fucking around and start testing them for alcoholism or untreated anger issues?  Maybe a quick scan for CTE?  Joke league is a joke.

New report out that he scored a 9 on the Wonderlic and admitted to failing drug tests at Alabama.

There are too many red flags for round 1 IMO when you also consider the anger management issues and all of his injuries. 

Worth the risk at the top of the 2nd though

1 hour ago, Bunghole said:

I wish the NFL would just give up on marijuana testing. It's not a performance enhancer. It's also not Nixon's 1972 anymore either.

I agree that they should. Then again, and maybe I'm just getting old, but the fact that this guy can't stay away from weed for a month or so to get it out of his system tells you something about how undisciplined he may truly be. You don't have the self control to do something that will benefit you to the terms of MILLIONS of dollars, what will you do when you have the money behind you to actually fuck around in a major way?

I dunno. I like Foster's game, and even after the combine incident I kinda understood where he was coming from. But still...come on man... At the very least the fact that he's at least putting out the facade that he cares means that money is clearly a big motivation, as he knows he's hitting his draft stock. But incidents like this are directly fucking with it. What DO you care about?

5 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

It would be Detroit or the Raiders then, and they would be smart to do it.

Absolutely. Guy can flat out play. Wonder if he can keep from going full Odell Thurman, though.

24 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

I have a suspicion he will be a 10-year pro bowler. Just our luck.

So long as he goes to a team that Does Things the Right Way (that is, isn't later singled out for whipping-boy status) he should be fine

Foster doesn't really get the benefit of the doubt for the diluted sample when he himself admits he failed multiple tests in college.  I don't think it is shocking that the dude smokes, but as long as he can be suspended for it then it is a real problem.  Same goes for his shoulder injury and his recovery from surgery.  Anything that jeopardizes his availability is a problem and I don't think taking a risk with a top 10 pick would be wise.

11 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Foster doesn't really get the benefit of the doubt for the diluted sample when he himself admits he failed multiple tests in college.  I don't think it is shocking that the dude smokes, but as long as he can be suspended for it then it is a real problem.  Same goes for his shoulder injury and his recovery from surgery.  Anything that jeopardizes his availability is a problem and I don't think taking a risk with a top 10 pick would be wise.

If he's failed multiple test then that probably means he's dependent on the drug and will have issues in the NFL. Once players get money they only become bigger _________ than what they were in college. 

If he can fail multiple test in college and the combine and still get drafted in the first round, what is his motivation to stop? Just another red flag for this guy, combine that with the injury history (concussion and shoulder) and I don't think he's a top 10-15 pick. 

8 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

If he's failed multiple test then that probably means he's dependent on the drug and will have issues in the NFL. Once players get money they only become bigger _________ than what they were in college. 

If he can fail multiple test in college and the combine and still drafted in the first round, what is his motivation to stop? Just another red flag for this guy, combine that with the injury(concussion and shoulder) and I don't think he's a top 10-15 pick. 

I'm with this.  If he can't stop smoking for a month or so prior to the combine when he knows he will be tested there is no way he's stopping after he gets paid.

He may still be a great player as I think a ton of  NFLers smoke, but not worth the risk of a #9 pick as he could flame out ala Thurman.  Too much risk.

“You want to know what this was really all about?” he asked with the bluntness of a man who, after public disgrace and a stretch in federal prison, had little left to protect. “The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”

https://harpers.org/archive/2016/04/legalize-it-all/

23 hours ago, T-Dub said:

What gets me is they're using urine tests when the only thing that really screens for is reefer.  There's a whole pharmacy of hard drugs they could be using that are unlikely to show up in a piss test after 24-48 hrs but with the NFL's standard hypocritical fake piety this is how they "protect the shield".  "OMG a college kid smokes pot?! Does this make them UNDRAFTABLE?!" and the blowhard fucking commentator with a raging prescription drug habit warbles on in mock indignation.  How about quit fucking around and start testing them for alcoholism or untreated anger issues?  Maybe a quick scan for CTE?  Joke league is a joke.

That might hurt their draft stock as CTE can only be detected postmortem (though it might raise Mike Mitchell's IQ 12 points). :ninja:

Agree with the rest though... 

1 hour ago, Elflocko said:

That might hurt their draft stock as CTE can only be detected postmortem (though it might raise Mike Mitchell's IQ 12 points). :ninja:

Agree with the rest though... 

Interesting.. I wonder how far the teams are allowed to dig into someone's medical history?  The NFL is bad enough with their "concussion-like symptoms" shell game so I can only imagine how rarely that's reported at the NCAA level.  Looking at some of the pointless altercations these guys get into you have to wonder if the teams give a shit about their mental health at all.. until they get themselves arrested 2-3 times.  Even as a pro I don't think it should be 100% the player's responsibility, not for that dangerous of a job hazard.

Archived