Bengals clip and save/things I'm told (Usama Young)

Guest oldschooler

Guest oldschooler
[quote][size=5][b]Bengals clip and save/things I'm told[/b][/size]
Bengals have requested an April visit to PBS for
Usama Young (CB - Kent State)
March 9 Pro Day Results
5'11, 196 lbs.
4.38, 4.40 40 time
43 inch vertical jump

19 teams were at his workout and 3 team have already been to Kent State to work him out personally. He started every game his career at Kent State & scouts have described him as the type of kid who is the first off the bus to play. No character issues.[/quote]

[url="http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html"]http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html[/url]

Guest BlackJesus

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//23.gif[/img] [b]I heard Usama is very elusive ... and that he terrorizes wideouts ...[/b]

[center]:ninja: [/center]

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='455854' date='Mar 13 2007, 10:11 AM']with his 40 time, I could see him getting drafted.[/quote]
[b]5' 11 1/8 " Usama Young...# 18 CB
Recorded 12 interceptions in his high school career and also lettered in baseball and track. Saw immediate action as a true freshman in 2003, starting 9 of the last 10 games and recording 49 tackles, 8 pass break ups, two INT's and 2 fumble recoveries. Started 10 games in the '04 season, missing the Central Michigan game with a hip injury, and finished 39-4-3. Started 8 games in '05 and tallied 50-3-2 with 4 tackles for a loss. Thin, lanky, finesse CB who maintains a good cushion and nice positioning but is not very instinctive to read routes. Does not show much burst to close and has average ball and reaction skills. Needs to play tougher and be more physical vs. the run and is not fond of contact. Has natural ability but needs to play with more confidence.[/b]

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' post='455859' date='Mar 13 2007, 10:32 AM'][b] Needs to play tougher and be more physical vs. the run and is not fond of contact. Has natural ability but needs to play with more confidence.[/b][/quote]

I thought we just got rid of Brian Simmons and Tory James...

[quote name='big_dish' post='455880' date='Mar 13 2007, 11:22 AM']I thought we just got rid of Brian Simmons and Tory James...[/quote]
[b]I took this from Pro Football Weekly's Pro Prospects Preview which was written at the beginning of the season. I'm sure this guy did better this season. Yes this is their business(scouting Players) but I would not take it as 100% true. I like to see players myself and see what I think of them. [/b]

Guest PakMan

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='455858' date='Mar 13 2007, 10:30 AM'][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//23.gif[/img] [b]I heard Usama is very elusive ... and that he terrorizes wideouts ...[/b]
[center]:ninja: [/center][/quote]
I hear he likes to isolate himself in the mountains and caves in order to get his mind right for battle.

[quote name='turningpoint' post='455991' date='Mar 13 2007, 03:42 PM']looks liek a 3rd round pick at the worst with those numbers....

can't name to many sub 4.40 5 11'' corners.[/quote]

I haven't seen him play, but I don't even see him on any of the scouting website lists either. Workout warrior?

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='456040' date='Mar 13 2007, 03:47 PM']Not that you can pick up in Rds 5-7.[/quote]

More common than you think. Bengals have 2 of 'em:

Brandon Williams (not even drafted - 4.37 coming out of Michigan)

Greg Brooks (6th round - 4.37 from Southern Miss)

EDIT: I think Patrick Body (S) was close to that, too. I think he had some sub-4.4 times before the draft as well, and he was over 6'

Archived