WR corps in 07?

we all know barring injury that the top 3 recivers are 85, T.J. and moss Jr. however it will be a crowded battle for the other 3 spots and practice squad positions

i'm not sure if we keep six or seven but for these purposes i'll say six and two scout-teamers
first thoughts on these recivers

Tab Perry- he should be our 4th next year, he was on pace for a nice season before injuries, the coaches talked about him having matt schobel's 3rd down role last year, and should be KR

Antonio Chatman- some people want him gone in favor of youth but with the squirrel gone i think that means he stays he is a home-town guy and the other recivers are friends with him would be a dependable 5th or 6th and get the bulk of PR duty

Reggie McNeal- i liked what i saw in indy and hope to see more of that in the future, best chance my come as a 3rd QB but since they can't play in games make him 7th WR but only keep 2 QBs that could work, however he may not escape a charecter purge and is the most likely canidate to be out of work :thumbsdown:

Bennie Brazzel- he looked like he would make roster but because of injuries he is behind, very raw but has world class speed and could be groomed to be chatman's replacement at PR :o

Skyler Green- don't know much about him but he is a swiss army knife form what i have heard anc cowboys were unsure of how to use him could be a backup returner and 6th reciver in 07 and take larger role in coming years

Glenn Holt- overachived and chances of making roster are slim but he gained valuable experence and could make his way on the roster if there were injuries

so final prediction:
opening day roster: Chad, T.J, chris henrey, tab perry, antonio chatman, skyler green

scout team: Bennie Brazzel, Glenn Holt

released: Reggie McNeal

yup that's what i say

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='458475' date='Mar 18 2007, 09:27 PM']Green is camp fodder or PS material.

Chad, TJ, Henry, Perry, Chatman, Breazzel

PS: McNeal, Holt[/quote]

i dont think mcneal or holt are eligible for PS are they? isnt it so many games on active roser in NFL and cant be on PS any more..

perhaps im crazy.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='458482' date='Mar 18 2007, 09:39 PM']i dont think mcneal or holt are eligible for PS are they? isnt it so many games on active roser in NFL and cant be on PS any more..

perhaps im crazy.[/quote]

Not sure, I think they fall into the had to bring them up due to injury category and might still be eligable.

I think it's 10 games on an active roster, after which time you can no longer be on the PS... and I don't believe that Holt or McNeal have reached that limit yet. So both of them are certainly candidates for the practice squad. Skyler Green has some time left, too, although he was activated when he was in Dallas for several games.

While I agree that CJ, TJ, Henry and Tab are locks, I think that after that, there's a scrum with Chatman, Bennie, McNeal, Holt... and I wouldn't count out Skyler Green, because of his versatility, especially if Chris Perry is slow coming back. He's a lot like Chatman in that he's smallish -- and not as fast, but more solidly built. Both can play in the slot, and return KOs and punts. Plus, Skyler can play RB, and would be a mismatch against LBs on pass routes coming out of the backfield. He can also thrown the HB option, as he was an all-state QB in HS.

My prediction (keeping in mind that injuries would factor in, as well as a possible suspension to Henry) would be:

Starters - Chad and TJ
3rd - Henry
4th - Tab
5 & 6 - Chatman, Brazell

PS - Green, McNeal
Cut - Holt (good ST player, but I don't see his upside as a receiver, relative to the other two, and he's not as versatile)

Guest happyrid
I think McNeal's off field trouble could be the nail in his coffin. He never really seemed to embrace being a WR either. I'd love to see Brazelle step up. It will be fun to watch him in preseason.

I want Holt to make the team. He got some valuable experiance last season on special teams. I thought he did real well returning kicks and being a gunner. Downed a punt at one-yard line in each of the last two games. I hope he makes it.

Guest Tigris
[quote name='BengalBacker' post='458508' date='Mar 18 2007, 11:05 PM']It's definitely a tough call, but if what we heard from insiders last year is true, you have to keep a spot for Brazell.[/quote]
what's with brazell?

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Tigris' post='458514' date='Mar 18 2007, 11:13 PM']what's with brazell?[/quote]

Just that coaches were VERY impressed with him before he was hurt.

Guest Tigris
[quote name='BengalBacker' post='458516' date='Mar 18 2007, 11:17 PM']Just that coaches were VERY impressed with him before he was hurt.[/quote]
What did he hurt last year? I can't remember... something that could be lingering? Knee?

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='Tigris' post='458520' date='Mar 18 2007, 11:18 PM']What did he hurt last year? I can't remember... something that could be lingering? Knee?[/quote]

I think it was hamstring, but my memory isn't what it used to be. I lost several brain cells reading a recent post. ^_^

Guest Tigris

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='458521' date='Mar 18 2007, 11:22 PM']I think it was hamstring, but my memory isn't what it used to be. I lost several brain cells reading a recent post. ^_^[/quote]
Yea, I saw it... one hell of a theory though. Well thought out, or at least I thought it was.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='Tigris' post='458517' date='Mar 18 2007, 10:17 PM']Chad
TJ
Henry
Perry
Holt
McNeal

I don't know enough about Brazell to add the guy yet. Green is a goner. I'd let Chatman go, too.[/quote]

I wouldn't count Green as a goner, especially with his ability and willingness to play RB.

And with Brazell, it was his hammy.

[quote name='Tigris' post='458520' date='Mar 18 2007, 11:18 PM']What did he hurt last year? I can't remember... something that could be lingering? Knee?[/quote]

My super-human memory seems to tell me he hurt his knee on the play he caught a TD on.

-jd

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='458525' date='Mar 18 2007, 11:27 PM']And with Brazell, it was his hammy.[/quote]

From [url="http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/player.asp?sport=NFL&id=4014:"]http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/conten...FL&id=4014:[/url]
"Aug. 28, 2006 - 11:39 p.m. ET
Bengals WR Bennie Brazell left Monday's game with a knee sprain.
He caught a 25-yard touchdown pass before leaving. The seventh-rounder was having an outstanding camp and was expected to make the team."

-jd

Guest Tigris
[quote name='Bengals1181' post='458525' date='Mar 18 2007, 11:27 PM']I wouldn't count Green as a goner, especially with his ability and willingness to play RB.
And with Brazell, it was his hammy.[/quote]
Green as a halfback? I weigh as much as he does. Not questioning, just asking... when was that said?

Guest Tigris
[quote name='doogles' post='458529' date='Mar 18 2007, 11:30 PM']From [url="http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/player.asp?sport=NFL&id=4014:"]http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/conten...FL&id=4014:[/url]
"Aug. 28, 2006 - 11:39 p.m. ET
Bengals WR Bennie Brazell left Monday's game with a knee sprain.
He caught a 25-yard touchdown pass before leaving. The seventh-rounder was having an outstanding camp and was expected to make the team."

-jd[/quote]

Maybe he hurt one thing but the other put him out for good?

Archived