Draft Poll

Positional Winners  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have?

• Amobi Okoye
    • Paul Posluszny
    • Darrell Revis
    • Reggie Nelson

I wouldn't mind any of them. But I would have to say Revis is last on the list. And I'm all for Posluszny because we can probably trade down and still get him + another draft pick. And I'm ALL for that. Of course if Nelson or Okoye are still around at 18, we need to take one of them. They'd be worth the value.

Guest Tigris

[quote name='bengalsfan850' post='461857' date='Mar 24 2007, 04:59 PM']hmm disruptive DT, solid CB, jerk LB who stole A.J. Hawk's award, or one dimentional S who is a ball hawk but can't tackle.

i go Okoye, Revis, then draft someone else before those two, possibly the two texas DBs[/quote]
poz is such an ass hole for doing that... <_<

Guest CrazyIrishman5
[quote name='bengaled' post='461764' date='Mar 24 2007, 10:05 AM']mark me down for that disruptive DT we haven't seen in years. you know the one...he looks like a young warren sapp.[/quote]
A young warren sapp, No! A young John Randle, yes.

BTW, I would also take Revis.

[quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='461990' date='Mar 25 2007, 01:28 AM']A young warren sapp, No! A young John Randle, yes.

BTW, I would also take Revis.[/quote]

nah, john randle was much lighter. okoye has a bigger body type and i think you'll see his playing weight hovering around the 305 range. i'll stay with my warren sapp comparison. either way, if okoye achieves the success of either of these two greats, he'll have a great career as those are two of the best to ever play that position.

Guest IndianaBengal
I will always believe that winning a game in the nfl starts at both lines. You have to have [b]100% pure talent and power [/b]in the lines. Not "this guy will hold his own" mentality. We have to have a stout and strong line. I root for the team to draft in the d-line every yr with the 1st pick. Get-r-done guys..

Okoye, naturally. But why not make a poll of guys that might actually be there when we pick?

If that were the case I'd say Posluszny but only because he seems to be the only one grading out around there... Revis seems projected late or even in the 2nd round, and if we draft a safety in the 1st round I'd think it will be someone more in the "Strong Safety" mold. Madieu is going to be a great FS, I think he'd be no better than average at CB..

How about "Who will be the best CB available when the Bengals pick?"

:D

Guest IndianaBengal
Agrred T-dub. No way in hell Okoye is there when we draft. So strike him from a poll that doesn't really seem to be credible. And Penn State boy is 2nd rd material.

Don't take it personal Jason. You have a great sig..

[quote name='IndianaBengal' post='462054' date='Mar 25 2007, 11:19 AM']I will always believe that winning a game in the nfl starts at both lines. You have to have [b]100% pure talent and power [/b]in the lines. Not "this guy will hold his own" mentality. We have to have a stout and strong line. I root for the team to draft in the d-line every yr with the 1st pick. Get-r-done guys..[/quote]

pal, i like how you think! :headbang:

[quote name='IndianaBengal' post='462064' date='Mar 25 2007, 11:36 AM']Agrred T-dub. No way in hell Okoye is there when we draft. So strike him from a poll that doesn't really seem to be credible. And Penn State boy is 2nd rd material.

Don't take it personal Jason. You have a great sig..[/quote]
I think there's a 50/50 chance that Okoye will fall to the 18th pick. There are very few teams in the top 18 that could use an undersized tackle, and of the couple teams that do, they have much bigger needs or would have to reach for him. The only teams I could see taking him before us are the Falcons or the Rams. They both have bigger needs, so hopefully they pass and we get him.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='462230' date='Mar 25 2007, 04:04 PM']I think there's a 50/50 chance that Okoye will fall to the 18th pick. There are very few teams in the top 18 that could use an undersized tackle, and of the couple teams that do, they have much bigger needs or would have to reach for him. The only teams I could see taking him before us are the Falcons or the Rams. They both have bigger needs, so hopefully they pass and we get him.[/quote]
The Rams were next to last in NFL run defense last year. They have no greater need than DT, and if Okoye is on the board you've got to believe they will nab him.

Archived