Peyton Manning SNL United Way Commercial

That was a great SNL last night!! I loved when he was busting on his mom for being the only one in the family to not make it in the NFL :lmao:

I really like the SNL with Tom Brady 2 years ago too. I don't know if anyone remember the skit where its Brady another guy and two girls and they're playing a carnival game where you have to throw a football through a hole and Brady is throwing the ball like he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn... classic! Too bad I couldn't find a video clip anywhere :boring:

[quote name='Brew Crew Grrl' post='462229' date='Mar 25 2007, 04:02 PM']That was a great SNL last night!! I loved when he was busting on his mom for being the only one in the family to not make it in the NFL :lmao:

I really like the SNL with Tom Brady 2 years ago too. I don't know if anyone remember the skit where its Brady another guy and two girls and they're playing a carnival game where you have to throw a football through a hole and Brady is throwing the ball like he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn... classic! Too bad I couldn't find a video clip anywhere :boring:[/quote]

I did like the part last night when they talked about "pulling a Peyton Manning." I bet he wouldn't have been able to sit through that if he hadn't won the Super Bowl this year.

[quote name='Actium' post='462257' date='Mar 25 2007, 04:04 PM']I did like the part last night when they talked about "pulling a Peyton Manning." I bet he wouldn't have been able to sit through that if he hadn't won the Super Bowl this year.[/quote]
Yeah. I thought the monologue was lame, but that fake United Way commercial was that rare occurence of SNL writers rearing their ugly comedic heads. For once.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='462260' date='Mar 25 2007, 05:06 PM']Yeah. I thought the monologue was lame, but that fake United Way commercial was that rare occurence of SNL writers rearing their ugly comedic heads. For once.[/quote]

That's the first time I watched the show in several years. I'm glad there was a comedic gem but it wasn't enough to get me to tune in unless the guest has some drawing power.

[quote name='Actium' post='462264' date='Mar 25 2007, 04:11 PM']That's the first time I watched the show in several years. I'm glad there was a comedic gem but it wasn't enough to get me to tune in unless the guest has some drawing power.[/quote]
Oh, I agree. I haven't watched it since the Ferrel, Farley, Spade crowd departed.
Except in snippets on my computer.
I had watched that show religiously since the 1980's.....
Mr Robinson's Neighborhood indeed...
The writing sucked even when it was good, but decent comedic talent kept it afloat.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='462320' date='Mar 25 2007, 06:31 PM']I've always liked Manning. I was glad to see him get his ring. The SNL skit was great. Shows he has a good sense of humor.[/quote]
Ditto. You can't help but like or respect a player of his caliber that clearly puts in the work and manages to have fun with it. Just like Joey Porter.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='462322' date='Mar 25 2007, 07:37 PM']Ditto. You can't help but like or respect a player of his caliber that clearly puts in the work and manages to have fun with it. Just like Joey Porter.[/quote]

Joey would be great on it. He would get the roid rage and attack Lorne Michael. For a while the audience would be part of the skit, then it would get more and more awkward as Porter's posse (consisting of Norm MacDonald, Chris Kattan, and Dana Carvey) would jump in and steal Lorne Michael's jewelry.

Guest steggyD
Funny that other people caught that part of the show last night, those that normally don't watch it. I never watch SNL either, but I happened to catch the show up through the tourney pick 'em skit. Pretty funny stuff last night.

[quote name='steggyD' post='462343' date='Mar 25 2007, 08:08 PM']Funny that other people caught that part of the show last night, those that normally don't watch it. I never watch SNL either, but I happened to catch the show up through the tourney pick 'em skit. Pretty funny stuff last night.[/quote]

I made a point to watch it because I saw Manning would be hosting. There was a newsfeed about it on the "Around the NFL" thread.

Archived