AFC North spring roundup

Guest oldschooler

Guest oldschooler
[quote][size=5][b]AFC North spring roundup [/b][/size]

PHOENIX -- The NFL has released the following notes package at the annual meeting.

A quick trip around the AFC North, from the league:

[b]BALTIMORE:[/b] Since becoming a full-time starter in 2005, All-Star linebacker BART SCOTT has never missed a game. He also never misses a chance to serve the Baltimore community. Scott regularly speaks to schoolchildren about fulfilling dreams and getting an education. “I have been that kid before, looking up to adults,” says Scott. “Being an NFL player is great, but there is no better feeling than bringing a smile to a child's face.”……Head coach BRIAN BILLICK, who guided the Ravens (13-3) to an AFC North crown in 2006, was recently inked to a four-year contract extension.

[b]CINCINNATI:[/b] Promoted to the team’s starting lineup on the offensive line is second-year guard ANDREW WHITWORTH. “Last year (at the scouting combine) was my first opportunity to meet Andrew,” says head coach MARVIN LEWIS. “I walked out of that room saying, ‘Well, he could coach the offensive line.’ What he has added to our football team is a very good young talent, a very mature young talent…and a guy who I think will be a fine player for a long time.”…… Quarterback CARSON PALMER, this past Pro Bowl’s “Player of the Game,” became the first Bengals passer to surpass 4,000 yards (4,035) last season.

[b]CLEVELAND:[/b] Among several free agents signed by the club was standout guard ERIC STEINBACH, a four-year pro who started 62 of 63 games-played at Cincinnati, helping the Bengals place in the league’s top half in rushing touchdowns three years in a row……In a coin flip conducted during the NFL Combine to determine who owns the third and fourth overall selections in April’s draft, the Browns came up on top with “tails,” meaning they will draft third. The teams were tied in overall record and strength of schedule.

[b]PISSBURGH:[/b] MIKE TOMLIN was named the third stealers head coach in the past 39 years. Tomlin, 34, was the Minnesota Vikings' defensive coordinator in 2006 after spending the previous five seasons as Tampa Bay’s defensive backs coach……All-Star safety TROY POLAMALU is the 2007 Downtown pissburgh YMCA's Person of the Year. Polamalu was elected for his strength in spirit, mind and body and for his support of the YMCA's core values, which include caring, honesty, respect and responsibility……The 2007 season marks the 75th in stealers history.[/quote]

[url="http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/"]http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/[/url]

Great Read............................................................................
.................................................................................
.................................................................................
........NOT REALLY!!!!

Guest Yojimbo

[quote name='bengalsfan850' post='462795' date='Mar 26 2007, 10:26 PM']crunette just told me what i already knew :pointlaff:[/quote]

He must have come up with this gem while wandering around the locker room?

:pointlaff:

[quote name='Draftman' post='462683' date='Mar 26 2007, 06:02 PM']Great Read............................................................................
........NOT REALLY!!!![/quote]

That's funny! :thumbsup:

Archived