Henry decision in two weeks

[b]Henry decision by April 13
By GEOFF HOBSON
March 28, 2007

3:05 p.m.

PHOENIX, Arix. _ The speculation of a Chris Henry suspension ranges from four to eight games, but all that could end by April 13. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, slated to meet with Henry and Titans cornerback Pacman Jones Tuesday, said he hopes to have a decision within 10 days of the hearings.

As the league’s annual meetings broke Wednesday afternoon here at the Arizona Biltmore, Goodell said he hopes to have a revised player conduct policy before the April 28-29 draft. [/b]

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' post='463789' date='Mar 28 2007, 08:32 PM'][b]Henry decision by April 13
By GEOFF HOBSON
March 28, 2007

3:05 p.m.

PHOENIX, Arix. _ The speculation of a Chris Henry suspension ranges from four to eight games, but all that could end by April 13. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, slated to meet with Henry and Titans cornerback Pacman Jones Tuesday, said he hopes to have a decision within 10 days of the hearings.

As the league’s annual meetings broke Wednesday afternoon here at the Arizona Biltmore, Goodell said he hopes to have a revised player conduct policy before the April 28-29 draft. [/b][/quote]
What are the odds on receiving good news on Friday the 13th? :ninja:

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='463813' date='Mar 28 2007, 04:28 PM']What are the odds on receiving good news on [b]Friday the 13th[/b]? :ninja:[/quote]

Pretty good for me.

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//19.gif[/img]

[quote][size=3][b]Talk with Goodell set for Henry[/b]
Discipline could follow Bengal's Tuesday chat with commish[/size]

BY MARK CURNUTTE | MCURNUTTE@ENQUIRER.COM

PHOENIX - Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry should know by April 13 whether he will be suspended by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

Henry will meet with Goodell Tuesday in New York about his series of off-field transgressions. Disciplinary measures would be announced within 10 days, Goodell said Wednesday at the end of the league's annual meeting.

Goodell also will meet with Tennessee cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, who has had 10 encounters with police since he was drafted in 2005.

"I want to get their perspective and look them in the eye, so I can make ... a good decision for the league," Goodell said. "I do this (meet with players) frequently."

Henry was arrested four times between December 2005 and June 2006. His latest incident occurred last week - a traffic stop that involved failure to use his turn signal and driving without a seat belt.

In addition to a new personal conduct plan Goodell is expected to announce in the next few weeks, NFL teams "are going to be charged with stronger support for players in the future," Bengals president Mike Brown said.

Still, Brown said, teams should have the authority to suspend players without pay for off-field misbehavior. Teams once had that authority, but it was negotiated away in the collective bargaining agreement with the NFL Players Association.

Goodell said team officials shared several best-practice programs they have implemented on the local level.

"I'm not looking for sole responsibility," Goodell said.

Players union chief Gene Upshaw has concerns about discipline from teams.

"I think Gene, the thing he wants, is to ensure the consistency across all 32 teams and within the team," Goodell said[/quote].

[url="http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070329/SPT02/703290379/1066/SPT"]Enquirer.com[/url]

Archived