Dwayne Jarrett's Pro Day

From NFL.com:

At 11 a.m., Trojans coach Pete Carroll addressed all the NFL personnel present and discussed each player's strengths and weaknesses. He also showed video of wide receiver Dwayne Jarrett's catches -- the ones he made in practices, not games.

The players ran on the FieldTurf practice field. For the 40-yard dash, they started from one of the goal lines and ran to the 40. The first couple of yards had a slight incline. There were some gusts of wind, but it is believed they did not affect the times.

Player Position Gil's comments
Dwayne Jarrett WR Jarrett (6-4, 214) ran his 40s in 4.67 and 4.62 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.20 and the three-cone drill in 7.28. He also had a 36½-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-1 broad jump.

====

He's still got a lot of ability, and people knew he wasn't a guy that blows by people. But given his pedestrian, Mike Williams-type speed, it's going to hurt him. Plus, the fact that Mike Williams hasn't done squat in the NFL doesn't help his prospects.

I wouldn't take him in round 1, but I would in round 2. I still think he can be a good NFL receiver. He's got great hands, runs good routes, and makes plays.

Archived