deltha to be traded

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='463890' date='Mar 28 2007, 06:35 PM'][b]:blink: .... we better get at least a 2nd rounder or hell no. [/b][/quote]

If they draft a corner, can you really go into the season with a rookie corner on one side and a pot head second year corner on the other?

[quote name='dacow' post='463893' date='Mar 28 2007, 07:36 PM']If they draft a corner, can you really go into the season with a rookie corner on one side and a pot head second year corner on the other?[/quote]

Dude, Joseph isnt a pot head. Its the cops fault who found the pot on him that is to blame for that one. :ninja:

Anyway, I agree, 2nd rounder or bust...

Deltha would like it in Atlanta, I hear thats where their main hub is anyway, even if they sell comair (thats a little knock on the people who refuse to pronounce his name correctly)

[quote name='dacow' post='463893' date='Mar 28 2007, 07:36 PM']If they draft a corner, can you really go into the season with a rookie corner on one side and a pot head second year corner on the other?[/quote]

This is a perplexing turn of events......I'd expect a first day pick for Deltha. Atlanta has a load of picks from the Texans deal. Upcoming 2 Rd's in the next two drafts from Houston, if I'm not mistaken.

I'd hate to think we'd start a rookie opposite of Joseph (2nd year). That's a scary thought.

Should be interesting.

[quote name='Jason' post='463901' date='Mar 28 2007, 07:45 PM']Personally, I think this is a BAD idea. Deltha has shown he can be very good with his head on straight. I'll take my chances trying to get him back on track over a rookie any day.[/quote]

Or maybe Marvin knows what shanahan knew, the kids makes the probowl and then thiniks he can slack off. I dont think we would trade him unless we knew he wasnt going to be a starter next year, or the starter we are looking for.

How much cap room would this give us?

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='463903' date='Mar 28 2007, 07:47 PM']Or maybe Marvin knows what shanahan knew, the kids makes the probowl and then thiniks he can slack off. I dont think we would trade him unless we knew he wasnt going to be a starter next year, or the starter we are looking for.

[b]How much cap room would this give us?[/b][/quote]

$2M

[quote name='Jason' post='463901' date='Mar 28 2007, 06:45 PM']Personally, I think this is a BAD idea. Deltha has shown he can be very good with his head on straight. I'll take my chances trying to get him back on track over a rookie any day.[/quote]

That makes sense...But I think the only way this course of action occurs is because Deltha tells them that he can't or won't perform for the Bengals this year.

Could be too much water under the bridge for him.

BZ

[quote name='bengalsfan850' post='463921' date='Mar 28 2007, 08:24 PM']maybe we can trade tory for a 2nd instead :wacko:[/quote]

"Toast" has already been cut.

And if the Bengals switched 1st rounders with the Falcons, I'd say they should look at the chances of getting Landry before Okoye...

But either one would have me cleaning my pants after the draft...

Falcons | Team may be interested in acquiring O'Neal
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:24:48 -0700

Adam Schefter, of NFL Network, reports the Atlanta Falcons may be interested in acquiring CB Deltha O'Neal from the Cincinnati Bengals if he becomes available in a trade.

Bengals | O'Neal might be traded
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:22:47 -0700

Adam Schefter, of NFL Network, reports Cincinnati Bengals CB Deltha O'Neal may be traded.

[url="http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl"]KFFL[/url]

Guest BlackJesus
[b]I would do it in a second if we could swap 1st round picks (18 for 9).

That way we could land Okoye or Branch ...[/b]

:boner:

Archived