If we have to let Henry go...

We would need a big outside receiver.....we cant pay alot.....and he cant be a headache.....Tab Perry may just be able to do it....other than that we dont have this guy on the roster. We have slot guys.

In no particular order...
Eric Moulds....I am all for vets, he does not have the speed of Henry but more savvy.
Andre Davis....Average guy, does not have the size we covet.
Aaron Moorehead.....Seems like a perfect fit, good size, has played in a great system, would come cheap.
Alex Bannister....from Cincy, next to no production over 6 years, would be worth bringing in for a cheap deal.

What made me laugh about looking thru these fa's is that I would pull guys up and they all had rap sheets: Travis Taylor, Antonio Bryant,

I would be very supprised to see Moulds desire to be a #3, he's on the downside of his carreer but I think he still has some left in him to be someone's #2.

IF Henry is gone I expect we use someone we already have, be it Tab, Brazil, Holt, McNeil, or most likely Chatman.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='464340' date='Mar 29 2007, 03:41 PM']I would be very supprised to see Moulds desire to be a #3, he's on the downside of his carreer but I think he still has some left in him to be someone's #2.

IF Henry is gone I expect we use someone we already have, be it Tab, Brazil, Holt, McNeil, or most likely Chatman.[/quote]
[b]Sure would have been nice to have kept The Squirrel...But I do think Tab can be effective ...Holt will be a special teams demon ..Chatman a good 3rd down option..I really hope bennie pans out..he has a ton of speed an good hands..[/b]

I'd love to seen Bennie get a shot at the job!!! I remember a play in the B&O Mock Game down at training camp where Bennie ran what pretty much looked to me like a go route and burned the corner that was covering him! Don't remember if he wound up catching the pass or not. That was also the play that he went down with a tweaked hammy or something. Dude can straight out FLY!

[quote name='Le Tigre' post='464403' date='Mar 29 2007, 05:08 PM']Is it permitted to be underwhelmed?[/quote]
Very much so! If the kid can just keep his nose clean he's headed for what could be a phenomenal career in the NFL with his build and skills! And I much prefer that career to be WITH the Bengals.... not against us.

Guest Tigris
[quote name='BengalBacker' post='464337' date='Mar 29 2007, 03:38 PM'][url="http://www.bengals.com/team/player.asp?player_id=102"]http://www.bengals.com/team/player.asp?player_id=102[/url][/quote]
what was the other sport he on a national title in? track?

Guest Tigris
[quote name='Tigris' post='464429' date='Mar 29 2007, 06:32 PM']what was the other sport he on a national title in? track?[/quote]
I read on... believe that is right.

Guest OzBengal
[quote name='Nati Ice' post='464434' date='Mar 29 2007, 05:35 PM']ummm, how about tab, chatman, benny, etc. etc.?

we dont need any outside help at this particular position[/quote]

None of those guys are even close to Henry's level.

Guest Tigris
I have to go with Tab, barring his injury, of course. I didn't get to see ANY of Brazell, so I'm definitely not really counting on much from him. If Brazell IS as quick as you say, I'd like to see him return kicks if he can hold onto the ball (he's kind of skinny).

[quote name='OzBengal' post='464435' date='Mar 29 2007, 06:37 PM']None of those guys are even close to Henry's level.[/quote]
Agree... but neither is anyone available. Like he said, I don't think there's going to be anyone from the outside coming in.

[quote name='Tigris' post='464437' date='Mar 29 2007, 06:38 PM']I have to go with Tab, barring his injury, of course. I didn't get to see ANY of Brazell, so I'm definitely not really counting on much from him. If Brazell IS as quick as you say, I'd like to see him return kicks if he can hold onto the ball (he's kind of skinny).[/quote]
Dude was lightning fast at TC last year before he hurt himself. He is really skinny though.

Guest OzBengal
[quote name='Tigris' post='464437' date='Mar 29 2007, 05:39 PM']Agree... but neither is anyone available. Like he said, I don't think there's going to be anyone from the outside coming in.[/quote]

I wouldn't rule it out. There are players of similar ability in the draft, Robert Meachem for example. You can't expect to replace Henry with an inferior player and not expect any drop off. And this team is still an offense-driven team based around Carson.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='464337' date='Mar 29 2007, 03:38 PM'][url="http://www.bengals.com/team/player.asp?player_id=102"]http://www.bengals.com/team/player.asp?player_id=102[/url][/quote]
It's nice to see people jumpin on the bandwagon?

Even though we won't lose henry.

Archived