Nicholson Waived!

Guest Claptonrocks
apparently the team isnt buying the "hit myself with the phone" bullshit..
Nicholson seems to have a history of impulsive behavior... He just cost himself a chance to make the team with this latest episode of stupidity..
With the addition of Hartwell the team has 3 players who can play MLB and if Thurman comes back thatll give them four.. ( Brooks, Hartwell, Thurman and Miller) so they decided to move on.

[quote name='Claptonrocks' post='489269' date='May 21 2007, 03:16 PM']apparently the team isnt buying the "hit myself with the phone" bullshit..
Nicholson seems to have a history of impulsive behavior... He just cost himself a chance to make the team with this latest episode of stupidity..
With the addition of Hartwell the team has 3 players who can play MLB and if Thurman comes back thatll give them four.. ( Brooks, Hartwell, Thurman and Miller) so they decided to move on.[/quote]

Bengals | Woman says Nicholson never hit her
Mon, 21 May 2007 10:38:04 -0700

ESPN.com reports the woman who claimed Cincinnati Bengals LB A.J. Nicholson assaulted her admitted during Nicholson's arraignment Monday, May 21, that he never hit her. "I'm embarrassed to tell you that I was extremely emotional when I contacted police and that caused me to exaggerate what had taken place between A.J. and myself," Victoria Johnson said, according to a Cincinnati television station. Johnson said she was trying to grab a cell phone away from Nicholson and struck herself below her eye. Nicholson pleaded not guilty during his court appearance Monday, May 21.

Guest Claptonrocks
[quote name='Kochman' post='489272' date='May 21 2007, 03:19 PM']Bengals | Woman says Nicholson never hit her

ESPN.com reports the woman who claimed Cincinnati Bengals LB A.J. Nicholson assaulted her admitted during Nicholson's arraignment Monday, May 21, that he never hit her. "I'm embarrassed to tell you that I was extremely emotional when I contacted police and that caused me to exaggerate what had taken place between A.J. and myself," Victoria Johnson said, according to a Cincinnati television station. Johnson said she was trying to grab a cell phone away from Nicholson and struck herself below her eye. Nicholson pleaded not guilty during his court appearance Monday, May 21.[/quote]
Now that he's been waived will she recant her recantment...gonna get her ass beat anyway..

It's up on [url="http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6061"]Bengals.com[/url]

Bengals release Nicholson
By GEOFF HOBSON
May 21, 2007

Updated: 3:05 p.m.

Nicholson
A few hours after A.J. Nicholson pleaded not guilty to a domestic violence charge Monday, the Bengals released the second-year linebacker.

Although the mother of his two-year-old child recanted her statement from Friday that Nicholson hit her, Kenton District Court Judge Douglas Grothaus chose not to drop the case and set a pretrial hearing for May 31, according to The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Also Monday the Bengals said that Chris Henry is in compliance with his legal matters and that Monday’s reports about the embattled wide receiver failing a court drug test “may not be based on complete information.”

Nicholson, 23, was arrested Friday for the second time since the Bengals drafted him in the fifth round 13 months ago when Victoria Johnson said Nicholson hit her in the face.

The Associated Press reported after a police officer saw that the woman had an injury around her eye, Nicholson later showed up at the police station and was arrested.

Two months ago Nicholson pleaded no contest to burglary and grand theft after being charged with stealing electronic equipment and other items from the apartment of a former Florida State teammate last May.

Under the NFL’s collective bargaining agreement with the NFL Players Association, teams can only release players for lack of talent.

Even before Friday it’s believed Nicholson would have had a difficult time making the roster.

With the Bengals expected to keep seven linebackers, he was believed to be behind the group of starters, Ahmad Brooks, Ed Hartwell and Rashad Jeanty, as well as Landon Johnson, Caleb Miller, Andre Frazier and Eric Henderson. The Bengals may also need to make room for Odell Thurman because he’s expected to be reinstated from a year-suspension in time for training camp.

Also, undrafted rookie Earl Everett out of Florida is expected to compete for a roster spot. He could be back for next week’s voluntary workouts as he recovers from arthroscopic ankle surgery.

And, Nicholson played in only two games last year.

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='489302' date='May 21 2007, 02:53 PM']There was no way he was going to make the team this year anyway. Mind as well [b]get rid of him now so it looks like we care [/b]about what our athletes do off the field.[/quote]

exactly

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='DontPushMe' post='489302' date='May 21 2007, 03:53 PM']There was no way he was going to make the team this year anyway. Mind as well get rid of him now so it looks like we care about what our athletes do off the field.[/quote]

Easiest PR decision ever. He's a punk, one of last year's questionable picks, one of last year's problem children, the first new jackass of the year, and way the hell down the depth chart. What's not to cut?

[quote][size=3][b]Bengals waive Nicholson[/b][/size]
BY JIM HANNAH | JHANNAH@NKY.COM

COVINGTON -- The Bengals today waived linebacker A.J. Nicholson, who was entering his second season with the team.

As a rookie in 2006, Nicholson played in two games and was inactive for 14 games.

Also today, Nicholson pleaded not guilty to a domestic violence charge.

He showed up in Kenton District Court with Victoria Johnson, the mother of his 2-year-old child. He was accused of hitting Johnson Friday afternoon. Nicholson was freed after posting 10 percent of a $5,000 bond late Friday.

Judge Douglas Grothaus didn’t allow Johnson to testify. She has now recanted her statement about being hit but Grothaus did not drop the case. A pretrial hearing has been set for May 31. Grothaus told Johnson to attend that hearing as well.

Nicholson is charged with fourth degree assault, a misdemeanor punishable by up to a year in jail.

This was not the first time Taylor Mill police had been called to Nicholson’s apartment, they had also recently been in contact with him because he was also suspected of driving without a valid license.

He is one of nine Bengals arrested since January 2006. He avoided jail time in Tallahassee, Fla., but had served 60 days in a sheriff’s work program and went on probation for two years for breaking into an apartment of a former Florida State teammate. Kentucky prosecutors said they have contacted Florida probation officials.

The Bengals drafted Nicholson in the fifth round of the 2006 draft. He has a history of off-field problems at Florida state. He was suspended for the 2006 Orange Bowl for allegedly taking a woman to the team’s Miami hotel. The woman later accused him of sexual assault but no charges were ever filed.

Enquirer reporter Mark Curnutte contributed[/quote]

[url="http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070521/SPT02/305210047&GID=yrMBsVKdLJ9xdUE+kwNmEmi05R34Qi+UgUsPEqh1yS8%3D"]http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...UgUsPEqh1yS8%3D[/url]

Guest LeakyBengal
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='489266' date='May 21 2007, 03:16 PM']He wasnt going to make the team anyway.[/quote]

he would have took wilkins place on special teams

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='489368' date='May 21 2007, 04:33 PM']he would have took wilkins place on special teams[/quote]
Nicholson wasn't good on special teams. That's why he was only activated for two games, at the time the team had some injured LBs.

Guest LeakyBengal
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='489371' date='May 21 2007, 05:39 PM']i doubt it[/quote]

mark curnutte said that is what simmons told him/

[quote name='Kochman' post='489272' date='May 21 2007, 03:19 PM']Bengals | Woman says Nicholson never hit her

ESPN.com reports the woman who claimed Cincinnati Bengals LB A.J. Nicholson assaulted her admitted during Nicholson's arraignment Monday, May 21, that he never hit her. "I'm embarrassed to tell you that I was extremely emotional when I contacted police and that caused me to exaggerate what had taken place between A.J. and myself," Victoria Johnson said, according to a Cincinnati television station. Johnson said she was trying to grab a cell phone away from Nicholson and struck herself below her eye. Nicholson pleaded not guilty during his court appearance Monday, May 21.[/quote]

As a result of him being waived AJ purchased himself a new outfit.

[img]http://imageserver4.textamerica.com/user.images.x/71/IMG_524671/475x0/_0805/TZ200805085020561.jpg[/img]

Archived