The Bengals will win the Super Bowl if...

What do you think has to happen for the Bengals to win the Super Bowl? Does the defense need to be Top 10? Does Ahmad Brooks need to play like Brian Urlacher? What 3 to 5 things, or more if you like, do you think have to happen for the Bengals to win it all this year?

What do you think are the chances of those things happening?

[quote name='Jason' post='511609' date='Jul 17 2007, 10:40 AM']What do you think has to happen for the Bengals to win the Super Bowl? Does the defense need to be Top 10? Does Ahmad Brooks need to play like Brian Urlacher? What 3 to 5 things, or more if you like, do you think have to happen for the Bengals to win it all this year?

What do you think are the chances of those things happening?[/quote]
[b]I still think that our D needs some work. I think our CB's will be very very good because of the addition of Hall and the improved play of Ratliff. I also think our special teams will be fierce with Ndikwe and Marvin White adding a lot of muscle. Also I think our kick and punt return games are oing to be very very good having Chatman healthy and either Skyler green or Brazell to add speed. I just still question the LB's play and the D line. Do we have enough strenght there?. The offense will be fine . I believe that Whitworth will be better than Steinbach ...[/b]

Guest schotzee
Carson stays healthy
There are no more off field distractions
Ahmad Brooks has learned the D
Deltha plays like pro bowl Deltha
S/T's don't blow it
Offensive capabilities remain at the should

Guest WhoDeyForever
The Bengals will win the Super Bowl if...

-Our defense can play decent..Top 15 in the league

-We don't come out one game and blow ass on offense..Our guys gotta be ready to play every week

-We stay injury-free

The key is not having to put major players on IR. The team has much better depth than they've had during Marvin's tenure, but they need stability and continuity across the board. A dinged up player here or there who misses some time will likely not derail things, but another season of roulette at any position, much less @ LB and O-line again, and the team will have difficulty reaching their potential.

The bengals will never win a Superbowl until the offensive players perform as unit like they do individually given the questions mark on the defensive side of the ball.

1) Must have an elite offense that doesn't disappear for half a season and pad it's stats in a handful of games. They need to be consistently good over 16 weeks to get them in the playoffs first.

2) Once in the playoffs the defense will have to put the team on their shoulders at least once or at least for a portion of game in order to advance

Here's my take:

1. Cut the mental mistakes significantly. Don't be out of position. Cut the false starts and illegal motion.

2. The defensive players need to play to their ability, do their job, and be consistent. Both the veterans and the developing rookies.

3. Carson, Levi, Rudi, Geathers, Madieu, and JoJo need to stay healthy, and the WRs need to stay fairly healthy until CH gets back.

4. The team attitude must be "the only number that matters is wins."

5. No more arrests or suspensions.

Archived