The Chinedum Ndukwe Official Nickname Poll

Chinedum Ndukwe Nickname?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What should the official Chinedum Ndukwe nickname for Go-Bengals.com be?

• Chinny
    • Duke Nukem
    • Duke of Doom
    • Other - suggest below

[quote name='sneaky' post='529377' date='Aug 17 2007, 09:20 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Why cant you guys just try to learn how to pronounce and spell[/b] (with the exception of Jamie) [b]the man's full name?[/b][/color][/quote]

I can. But he's got a great name for a nickname.

[quote name='sneaky' post='529377' date='Aug 17 2007, 08:20 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Why cant you guys just try to learn how to pronounce and spell[/b] (with the exception of Jamie) [b]the man's full name?[/b][/color][/quote]

Chinedum Ndukwe (pronounced CHIN-a-doom, nu-DUK-wee)

Duke Nukem just sounds cooler. And is a great nickname for a Safety.

Now we need to learn how to spell Ghiuciac. Or find him a cool nickname . . .

[quote name='oldschooler' post='529578' date='Aug 18 2007, 04:54 PM']Chinedum Ndukwe (pronounced CHIN-a-doom, nu-DUK-wee)
Duke Nukem just sounds cooler. And is a great nickname for a Safety.
Now we need to learn how to spell [b]Ghiuciac[/b]. Or find him a cool nickname . . .[/quote]
What was wrong with Bluto, or better yet, Ghiapet?

Duke Nukem is by far the best nickname for a Safety. I never really liked when marvin called him Chinny, but who could ever see him calling him Duke Nukem. I kinda figured when we drafted him he'd just be called Duke, but then someone threw Nukem on the end of it and it definitely stuck. Now we need a nickname for White.

[quote name='unleashed' post='529592' date='Aug 18 2007, 11:50 AM']Now we need a nickname for White.[/quote]

Marvin White already has a nickname . . .

[quote]His intense style of play and tenacious hitting, coupled with his being a native of Louisiana has earned him the nickname of [b]"Gator"[/b] from his teammates and fans. His most memorable moment at TCU will almost undoubtedly be what has come to be known as "The Great White Hit". In the fourth quarter of a home game against rival Texas Tech, White hit Red Raiders' receiver Robert Johnson so hard that his helmet went shooting in the air, and Johnson was left writhing in pain on the grass of Amon G. Carter Stadium.

The hit caused announcer Glenn Parker to describe White with the following: "he has a suddenness about him and violence in him."[/quote]

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_White"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_White[/url]

[quote name='sneaky' post='529377' date='Aug 17 2007, 08:20 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Why cant you guys just try to learn how to pronounce and spell[/b] (with the exception of Jamie) [b]the man's full name?[/b][/color][/quote]

Because it's too ethnic.

:D

:ninja:

[quote name='Actium' post='529653' date='Aug 18 2007, 03:37 PM']Because it's too ethnic.

:D

:ninja:[/quote]

Nicknames are a part of football there's no reason to take it as disrespectful just because dude's name is African or whatever it is... It means the fans are taking a shine to 'em.

[quote name='T-Dub' post='529655' date='Aug 18 2007, 02:42 PM']Nicknames are a part of football there's no reason to take it as disrespectful just because dude's name is African or whatever it is... It means the fans are taking a shine to 'em.[/quote]

Oh, I agree, I like nicknames as a rule. Usually given names are boring but not in Chinedum's case.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='529578' date='Aug 18 2007, 11:54 AM']...Now we need to learn how to spell [b]Ghiuciac[/b]...[/quote]

You were close (swap the "u" and "a")...just remember why the offense will click this season:

[b]G[/b]hiaciuc
[b]H[/b]as
[b]I[/b]mproved
[b]A[/b]nd
[b]C[/b]arson
[b]I[/b]s
[b]U[/b]nder
[b]C[/b]enter

;)

Archived