The unexpected

[quote name='cwing' post='533561' date='Aug 26 2007, 09:37 AM']Whom do you think will be the unexpected/surprising cut of '07? :o

[color="#FF0000"]Could those young safeties knock Djax out?[/color][/quote]

No. They arent going to start a rookie. Djax may be replaced by the end of the year, but hell be starting game 1.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='533564' date='Aug 26 2007, 09:46 AM']I don't see many cuts that will be surprising. Ratliff is the highest player IMO that is in any kind of jeopardy, and I don't think he'll get cut.
[color="#FF0000"]Well, I do still think Robinson gets cut. [/color] I guess that will be surprising.[/quote]

WHAT? Robinson cut. No Way!

[quote name='Jason' post='533577' date='Aug 26 2007, 09:19 AM']Jeff Rowe has played so well I think they will cut Carson Palmer.[/quote]

You missed it ----------- CP will survive but he has lost the starting two minute QB position. Palmer will start the first 28 minutes of each half and Rowe will start the final two minutes of each half. :D

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='533562' date='Aug 26 2007, 08:39 AM']No. They arent going to start a rookie. Djax may be replaced by the end of the year, but hell be starting game 1.[/quote]

I agree with you but somewhere there will be a surprise. Is it time for Thorton or Robinson to go?

[quote name='Indianabengal' post='533563' date='Aug 26 2007, 08:45 AM']Busing will get cut. Maybe Ratliff. I really believe that Mon night game is going to seal the fates of one or two of the secondary players. Blue Adams. has he played yet? He is supposed to be a st stud.[/quote]

Busing? Isn't he a special team starter at this point? Lap was raving about him being a ST ace and Chick said he is staying? If he does, who goes? Kilmer?

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='533594' date='Aug 26 2007, 10:00 AM']if Rowe lights it up this week and next, I think Doug Johnson is gone.[/quote]

Nope --------- I do not agree with this at all. Rowe has not taken a snap with the first or the second team offense and the Bengals ALWAYS keep 3 QB's. Rowe is and will remain the 3rd teamer at lest through this season.

I would like to see him in action with at least the 2nd teamers and see if he still looks as good.

[quote name='cwing' post='533591' date='Aug 26 2007, 10:56 AM']I agree with you but somewhere there will be a surprise. Is it time for Thorton or Robinson to go?[/quote]

OK, maybe next year. There is no way we get rid of them with the shape of our defense now. Maybe they are gone next year.

[quote name='Rick' post='533607' date='Aug 26 2007, 11:47 AM']OK, maybe next year. There is no way we get rid of them with the shape of our defense now. Maybe they are gone next year.[/quote]

there's no way BOTH of them go this year, but it wouldn't be a surprise to see one of them go.

[quote name='cwing' post='533597' date='Aug 26 2007, 08:08 AM']Nope --------- I do not agree with this at all. Rowe has not taken a snap with the first or the second team offense and the Bengals ALWAYS keep 3 QB's. Rowe is and will remain the 3rd teamer at lest through this season.

I would like to see him in action with at least the 2nd teamers and see if he still looks as good.[/quote]

Its possible that, like Carson in his first year, he may be moved up to the #2 spot by late in the year. But the Bengals are unlikely to run with 2 QBs with the Steelers in the same division. 4 knees are not enough cushion.

[quote name='Oldcat' post='533639' date='Aug 26 2007, 12:16 PM']Its possible that, like Carson in his first year, he may be moved up to the #2 spot by late in the year. But the Bengals are unlikely to run with 2 QBs with the Steelers in the same division. 4 knees are not enough cushion.[/quote]

It's possible but I do not look for it to happen until spring 08. The 3rd QB runs the other teams plays more so than anything else so he will likely will not have the time to be ready.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='533689' date='Aug 26 2007, 02:37 PM']Somebody along that D-Line is going to have to go...we can't keep them all, and it isn't just the no-names that are going to get cut. Brob is on the bubble. What about Fanene? He could be gone, or maybe Rucker.[/quote]

No doubt. Several guys are not going to make it.

Here are my locks:
Geathers
Justin
Peko

Then you have the rest fighting for 5 spots (I guess it could be 6 if they keep 9 OL - but unlikely IMHO):
JT
Myers
Allen
Robinson
Fanene
Rucker
Toeaina

I think Allen gets cut and then perhaps Toeaina to PS. But if the Bengals are high on Toe there is no way they put him on the PS which means someone else has to go. I first thought Robinson would be the guy released, then when Fanene and Rucker could not practice or play I thought Robinson was a lock. Now I have no clue. I will definitely be watching Fanene and Rucker this week as well as Toe.

[quote name='Phatcat' post='533867' date='Aug 26 2007, 09:40 PM']No doubt. Several guys are not going to make it.

Here are my locks:
Geathers
Justin
Peko
Then you have the rest fighting for 5 spots (I guess it could be 6 if they keep 9 OL - but unlikely IMHO):
JT
Myers
Allen
Robinson
Fanene
Rucker
Toeaina

I think Allen gets cut and then perhaps Toeaina to PS. But if the Bengals are high on Toe there is no way they put him on the PS which means someone else has to go. I first thought Robinson would be the guy released, then when Fanene and Rucker could not practice or play I thought Robinson was a lock. Now I have no clue. I will definitely be watching Fanene and Rucker this week as well as Toe.[/quote]

i think rucker is gone. then either myers allen or robinson.

Archived