Ghiaciuc Doubtful

Looks like Francisco heads up on Thursday morning was correct...... unfortunately

Per Bengals.com

Ghiaciuc doubtful
September 14, 2007
Comments (0) | Post a Comment
Posted: 2:55 p.m.

Ghiaciuc
Bengals starting center Eric Ghiaciuc has been listed as doubtful in Friday's injury report, meaning backup Alex Stepanovich is likely to get the nod Sunday in Cleveland.

Safety Chinedum Ndukwe is listed as questionable, while tackle Willie Anderson (foot), wide receiver Antonio Chatman (hamstring), kicker Shayne Graham (hip), wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh (knee), safety Dexter Jackson (thigh) and cornerback Deltha O'Neal (knee) are all listed as probable and expected to play.

[quote name='Phatcat' post='547585' date='Sep 14 2007, 03:17 PM']Looks like Francisco heads up on Thursday morning was correct...... unfortunately

Per Bengals.com

Ghiaciuc doubtful
September 14, 2007
Comments (0) | Post a Comment
Posted: 2:55 p.m.

Ghiaciuc
Bengals starting center Eric Ghiaciuc has been listed as doubtful in Friday's injury report, meaning backup Alex Stepanovich is likely to get the nod Sunday in Cleveland.

Safety Chinedum Ndukwe is listed as questionable, while tackle Willie Anderson (foot), wide receiver Antonio Chatman (hamstring), kicker Shayne Graham (hip), wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh (knee), safety Dexter Jackson (thigh) and cornerback Deltha O'Neal (knee) are all listed as probable and expected to play.[/quote]

fuck :o

Francisco has but 1 blemish on an otherwise spotless record... And it's also obvious he can never elaborate.. Which is why, at this point, I just thank him for his tidbits and hope I can figure what he means.

I hope Stepanovich has a big game this Sunday.

[quote name='BigCatLemmer' post='547611' date='Sep 14 2007, 03:49 PM']is it just me or is he hurt alot already? Maybe I was just spoiled with Richie the past few years.[/quote]

Richie was hardly the picture of health the past few years. Braham missed 6 games in 2004, 1 game in 2005, and 14 games in 2006 due to injury. That's 21 out of a possible 48 regualr season games where he couldn't go.

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='547628' date='Sep 14 2007, 04:24 PM']Unless his right thumb is broken or sprained so severely he cant use it at all Id expect him to do a
Gut-Check and play.... B)[/quote]

Depending on the thumb it's vastly different for a center than other lineman.. It's of primary importance that he is able to squeeze the ball and hand it to the QB flawlessly... Taping the thumb is simply not an option for a center

Wow, No Levi on the injury report and we will have Willie back too? We should be able to invest some double teams to help Stepanovich out. Bobbie may have to make the calls for the Oline though, I don't know if Stepanovich is ready for that. We should do fine at any rate, unless they Bring in their new million dollar Man Smith.

:ninja:

[quote name='Le Tigre' post='547632' date='Sep 14 2007, 04:35 PM']I thought Bluto had a concussion?

Step may have a headache too...after going against Ted Washington all day.

He's a pretty good center though...so I'm not worried.[/quote]

Why would you think "he's a pretty good center?"...
Dont base that on he was a starter in Zona.....
Zona's run game suffered while he was there ...Their Oline sucked and he got
as much flak over it as anyone..
Zona fans were not sad to see him leave..
Decent pass blocker ..uh not so good opening holes for the run game is what Ive read.
I guess as far as a backup goes he's ok but Im not looking to attack the middle of the Browns unless Bobbi and Stacy are just too much for their 3-4 scheme.
Id run Ru-day between Whit and Stacy until the Stains show they can stop it... I dont think they can.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='547816' date='Sep 14 2007, 09:43 PM']If Levi and Willie both play, and Whit and Andrews/Williams are the guards, I smell a severe beatdown coming, even if I line up at center.[/quote]
You up for the challenge playing center come Sunday....
Ill back ya up if you go in first! :D
Can we handle Big Ted?? He's good for 15 snaps or so.. Dude's like 60yrs old now!

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='547818' date='Sep 14 2007, 07:47 PM']You up for the challenge playing center come Sunday....
Ill back ya up if you go in first! :D
Can we handle Big Ted?? He's good for 15 snaps or so.. Dude's like 60yrs old now![/quote]
Let's see, I weigh 180, he's as big as Sam Adams....maybe I could just hike the ball and kick him in the ding-ding real quick-like...and then curl up in the fetal position...

[quote name='Bunghole' post='547822' date='Sep 14 2007, 09:52 PM']Let's see, I weigh 180, he's as big as Sam Adams....maybe I could just hike the ball and kick him in the ding-ding real quick-like...and then curl up in the fetal position...[/quote]
ung see if you can find a pic of Fat Asses Sam and Ted and put them next to each other.
Id really like to know which one is heavier.. Im thinking Sam is 370 and Ted is pushing 400.

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='547823' date='Sep 14 2007, 07:54 PM']ung see if you can find a pic of Fat Asses Sam and Ted and put them next to each other.
Id really like to know which one is heavier.. Im thinking Sam is 370 and Ted is pushing 400.[/quote]
I think both of them are around 400. They remind me of Gilbert Brown...

[quote name='Bunghole' post='547825' date='Sep 14 2007, 09:56 PM']I think both of them are around 400. They remind me of Gilbert Brown...[/quote]

Throw Grady Jackson in that group.. Thing about Grady is he led the league in stuffs last season with something like 13 or so.. dude can move a pocket!

Archived