my " bold" predictions for today

bengals 45 clowns 9

our D: gets 7 sacks 3 picks and 1 fumble recovery

our O: rudi gets 153 yards at 4.9 ypc and scores 2 tds, palmer hits 78 percent of his passes and throws 4 tds, one to chad who gets 160 yards, 2 to t.j. who gets about 90 yards, and one to reggie kelly

oh and crennel gets fired after the game

WHO-DEY :gobengals:

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='548214' date='Sep 16 2007, 10:07 AM']then maybe we can swoop him up to be our D - Coordinator??
...now if only Weis would be fired.... B)
(no ninja)[/quote]

I'd rather have Del Rio.

Has Romeo ever run a 4-3? We dont have the personel for a 3-4 and man I dont want to go back to the "3-4 threads" :lol:

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='548214' date='Sep 16 2007, 09:07 AM']...now if only Weis would be fired.... B)
(no ninja)[/quote]

Yeah, his Offense hanging 0 points yesterday, on a team that surrendered 34 to Appalachian State,
was impressive. It is also impressive that his team has scored a grand total of 13 points in 3 games.

Sign him up !

Definitely a :ninja:

[quote name='oldschooler' post='548219' date='Sep 16 2007, 10:14 AM']Yeah, his Offense hanging 0 points yesterday, on a team that surrendered 34 to Appalachian State,
was impressive. It is also impressive that his team has scored a grand total of 13 points in 3 games.

Sign him up !
Definitely a :ninja:[/quote]

Damn, I didnt see that. 0 points??

:lol:

[quote name='oldschooler' post='548219' date='Sep 16 2007, 10:14 AM']Yeah, his Offense hanging 0 points yesterday, on a team that surrendered 34 to Appalachian State,

Sign him up !

I'm very happy you put the ninja there....

EDIT: Wait, are you being sarcastic about signing him up? Are you saying you wouldn't take him as a OC? I think I can't figure out your ninja...

In all seriousness, I will do my best to not comment on anything Brat related today, and if I feel like he calls a good game, I will make a post eating crow about it.

Also, Jamie I think your right about Del Rio... didnt think of that. He was Marvs LB coach at one point too right? Lets hope they fall apart this year.

...Oh and the 3-4 argument, I think with Pollack coming back, J Smith leaving, and with Odell coming back, I think you could put together a 3-4 team but we'll save that for another day.

Sign him up !

not that I care about Weis one way or the other, but the notre dame offense has NO talent right now. can't make gold out of shit.

Also, I'm not so sure I would want Crennel at this point. 1) Who's to say he's all that great of a coach since its been discovered the Patriots have been cheating? 2) That defense hasn't missed a beat since he left. Maybe he wasn't the reason for the defensive success in New England.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='548220' date='Sep 16 2007, 10:17 AM']Damn, I didnt see that. 0 points??

:lol:[/quote]

Yes, Michigan beat them 38-0. Here is an interesting stat on the Norte Dame offense:

[quote]Notre Dame, which entered the contest last in the country in rushing offense, total offense and sacks allowed, padded their "lead" over the rest of the nation's bottom dwellers. Clausen was sacked eight times to raise the team's total to 23. The Irish rushed for minus-6 yards, bringing their season total to minus-14 on 100 official attempts. Notre Dame netted 79 yards on 55 snaps and are now averaging just 115 total yards per game.[/quote]

[url="http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html"]http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html[/url]

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='548226' date='Sep 16 2007, 09:40 AM']not that I care about Weis one way or the other, but the notre dame offense has NO talent right now. can't make gold out of shit.[/quote]

No talent ? He`s been there for 3 years. They`re all his recruits. If they have no talent,
then he is to blame for that.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='548225' date='Sep 16 2007, 09:39 AM']I'm very happy you put the ninja there....

EDIT: Wait, are you being sarcastic about signing him up? Are you saying you wouldn't take him as a OC? I think I can't figure out your ninja...
In all seriousness, I will do my best to not comment on anything Brat related today, and if I feel like he calls a good game, I will make a post eating crow about it.[/quote]

Yes I was being sarcastic about signing him up.

He hasn`t done shit since he left the Cheating Patriots . . .

[quote name='oldschooler' post='548232' date='Sep 16 2007, 10:58 AM']Yes I was being sarcastic about signing him up.

He hasn`t done shit since he left the Cheating Patriots . . .[/quote]

interesting...

SO what a head coach does means what he would do with thier respective offense/defense coordinator background?

So ... with that logic, no one would take Marvin as a D coordinator if he ever got fired right? Since his D has been so good?

good logic.....

Let the arguing begin

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='548225' date='Sep 16 2007, 10:39 AM']I'm very happy you put the ninja there....

In all seriousness, I will do my best to not comment on anything Brat related today, and if I feel like he calls a good game, I will make a post eating crow about it.
Also, Jamie I think your right about Del Rio... didnt think of that. He was Marvs LB coach at one point too right? Lets hope they fall apart this year.
...Oh and the 3-4 argument, I think with Pollack coming back, J Smith leaving, and with Odell coming back, I think you could put together a 3-4 team but we'll save that for another day.[/quote]

I'm not entirely convinced Smith is gone. If the defense has a great year and Smith is a big part of that, I think we get someting done.

But I have been thinking about this. I wonder if we could run a 4-6 like Baltimore did a few years ago, or a modified 4-4

Upfront: Smith-Myers-Peko-Geathers

Middle: Jeanty/Pollack-Brooks-thurman/johnson-D-jax/white/ndukwe

Secondary: Hall/O'neal-Madieu-Joseph

Now I know it sounds a little crazy, but it allows for some interesting schemes. You have 3 LB's who can rush the passer or drop back in coverage, a safety lined up in the LB spot who can move all over the place. Sometimes, you can take out the LB/Safety and put in a 4th LB.

It wouldn't work great against 4WR sets, and maybe some 3 WR sets, but it could be a very confusing zone blitzing defense for offenses (evidenced by monday, we are already looking to run a zone blitzing defense). This one is just more complex to the offense. Another thing that makes this appealing is because Madieu has the speed and coverage abilities of a cornerback, so you wouldn't necessarily have to sub in a 3rd CB.

Personnel wise its not much different than a 4-3, its just a matter of how they line up and how they are used.

for shits and giggles, I made a picture:

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Panther1/Presentation1.jpg[/img]

[quote name='oldschooler' post='548231' date='Sep 16 2007, 10:55 AM']No talent ? He`s been there for 3 years. They`re all his recruits. If they have no talent,
then he is to blame for that.[/quote]

you won't get much of an argument from me. I'm not much of a Weis fan. Maybe more accurate is: "They have no EXPERIENCED talent." I'm sure they do, but they just suck right now after losing their starting QB, RB, both WR's, and a few lineman.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='548233' date='Sep 16 2007, 10:02 AM']interesting...

SO what a head coach does means what he would do with thier respective offense/defense coordinator background?
So ... with that logic, no one would take Marvin as a D coordinator if he ever got fired right? Since his D has been so good?
good logic.....

Let the arguing begin[/quote]

Weis was the Pats OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR. The Pats were busted stealing DEFENSIVE SIGNALS.

You figure the logic behind my thinking out . . .

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='548233' date='Sep 16 2007, 11:02 AM']interesting...

good logic.....

Let the arguing begin[/quote]

What old means is the ability of Weis is a bit tainted now that we know he was cheating while he was the OC in New England.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='548265' date='Sep 16 2007, 10:49 AM']Hmm so because it was "tainted" and the only [b]evidence[/b] while cheating was going on was this year and last year (both while Weis wasn't around) it has "tainted" Weis?

yeah that makes sense...[/quote]

Geez. You act like it`s out of the question that the Pats cheated when Weis was with them.
Let`s forget about what other teams and coaches say. They have no "evidence".
Let`s act like the Pats got busted the only time they did it.
Let`s act like Charlie Weis or Romeo Crennel have done shit since they left.

The court of public opinion is different than a court that hands down punishment.
I don`t need "evidence" of cheating in the past to form that opinion.
All I have to do is put 2 and 2 together to form an opinion.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='548265' date='Sep 16 2007, 11:49 AM']Hmm so because it was "tainted" and the only [b]evidence[/b] while cheating was going on was this year and last year (both while Weis wasn't around) it has "tainted" Weis?

yeah that makes sense...[/quote]

there is no way to know how long it has been going on. Like it or not, every current and former Patriot coach (coordinator and up) is going to be associated with it.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='548226' date='Sep 16 2007, 09:40 AM']not that I care about Weis one way or the other, but the notre dame offense has NO talent right now. can't make gold out of shit.
Also, I'm not so sure I would want Crennel at this point. 1) Who's to say he's all that great of a coach since its been discovered the Patriots have been cheating? 2) That defense hasn't missed a beat since he left. Maybe he wasn't the reason for the defensive success in New England.[/quote]

But that's Weiss' fault. That's the team he recruited.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='548276' date='Sep 16 2007, 11:57 AM']Geez. You act like it`s out of the question that the Pats cheated when Weis was with them.
Let`s forget about what other teams and coaches say. They have no "evidence".
Let`s act like the Pats got busted the only time they did it.
Let`s act like Charlie Weis or Romeo Crennel have done shit since they left.

The court of public opinion is different than a court that hands down punishment.
I don`t need "evidence" of cheating in the past to form that opinion.
All I have to do is put 2 and 2 together to form an opinion.[/quote]

Here's the evidence you need...

Weis' career HEAD COACHING record is 19 - 9 (19-6 before this year)

and ...

[quote]Weis returned to New England Patriots following Parcells' announced retirement after the 1999 season. When Weis returned to New England he was announced the team's offensive coordinator under head coach Bill Belichick, this was a position Weis held from 2000 through 2004. While with the Patriots, he helped install the Erhardt - Perkins offensive system used by the Patriots today.

During this stint, the Patriots won three Super Bowls (XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX). As offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, Weis has been credited for helping develop Tom Brady. Tom Brady was elected to the 2001 Pro Bowl, and named Super Bowl MVP of Super Bowl's XXXVI and XXXVIII.[/quote]

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='548284' date='Sep 16 2007, 11:11 AM']Here's the evidence you need...

Weis' career HEAD COACHING record is 19 - 9 (19-6 before this year)

and ...[/quote]

Whoa. So even though he won with someone else`s recruits, didn`t beat any ranked teams,
didn`t win any Bowl games, and was coaching the side of the ball, with the Pats, that was benefitting
from the cheating, you think that`s proof that he`s good ?

You kill me. Here you are defending Weis, and you bash Brat with every key stroke you can . . .

[quote name='Actium' post='548282' date='Sep 16 2007, 12:09 PM']But that's Weiss' fault. That's the team he recruited.[/quote]

again, I"m not defending Weiss in any way. I'm just calling it as I see it. The offense scheme sucks because of a lack of experienced talent. Yes, as the head coach, that is Weiss' fault for not getting the backups more experience last year.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='548286' date='Sep 16 2007, 12:18 PM']Whoa. So even though he won with someone else`s recruits, didn`t beat any ranked teams,
didn`t win any Bowl games, and was coaching the side of the ball, with the Pats, that was benefitting
from the cheating, you think that`s proof that he`s good ?
You kill me. Here you are defending Weis, and you bash Brat with every key stroke you can . . .[/quote]

You kill me.

"Someone else's recruits"
- That's his fault? That's a terrible argument

"Didn't beat any ranked teams"
2005: Won at #25 Pitt, Won at #3 Michigan, won at #20 Purdue
2006: Won at home #19 (only played 3 ranked teams in regular season...)

"Didn't win any Bowl games"
- 0 for 2 against teams with higher ranks in both games (#4 OSU, #4 LSU)

"coaching the side of the ball the pats benefitted from cheating"
- Nothing was ever proved during Weis' tenure. Maybe they resorted to cheating since they lost his talents on offense?

So a OC who won three superbowl rings with less talent than Bob has now I think I'd rather have over our current lack of play calling OC...

Let's just let this one die buddy...

Archived