GoBengals take on the game and looking forward.

Well,

i have about 4 hours until my plane takes off and im stuck here at the airport. figured i would give a little of what i saw on the sidelines off camera and in the game. Just my opinions and perspective.

Levi jones may have lost his job for a while. yikes, the guy was lazy fat assing it and shouldnt see any playing time until he gets his shit straight. we will likely make 2nd place in the division, face it, the browns are still bad and we have a leg up on the ravens at the moment, so i think the steelers unless we sweep them, have it, as unless we sweep them, it would be tough to do anything but tie them at this point. so 2nd place in the division 8-8 final record 9-7 if we sweep the steelers and take another close one here or there.

1-4 is really tough to come back from, and with the ravens browns and cheifs likely in the hunt for a wildcard come years end. they all except ravens have the first tie breaker.

the offense is missing two pieces, another solid blocker on the line, levi stunk it up, and ghuicec/andrews both missed an easy block at some point. and without rudi much and watson only good for the random run, we can accomplish little. chatman played well, surprisingly. henry back and chatman as #4 would be incredible. but still need a running game. perry? he can practice this week right? might come in REAL handy next week...

if we can hit .500 at the halfway point, we would be working a miracle season. the jets steelers and bills will give us a run, with brooks and jeanty coming back soon, its not impossible, i think beating the jets with a make shift defense another week would put us in a decent position.

the team wasnt down the defense playe dhard, but the mason comets could play their hearts out and get creamed by the cheifs too. we are playing with scrubbs ALL OVER. we are talking second string replacement players at this point. blue adams had a few good plays, plays harder and faster than ratliff for sure.

i hope to hear some good news this week about perry, brooks and jeanty. getting 3-4 players back on the field could make a world of difference.

[quote name='bengalsfan850' post='569871' date='Oct 14 2007, 08:11 PM']you think way too highly of chris perry[/quote]
Led running backs in catches in 2005...when he was mainly a 3rd down back.

Perry would be huge especially for 3rd down conversions which we are so badass at.

I also thought Kenny ran well today. His stats were somewhat inflated because of his 20 yard run..but none the less he ran hard and hit holes rudi may have not hit.

I too am looking forward to Chris Perry coming back to be that much needed pass catching option we need out of the backfield/TE position.

Thats all I am going to say, because I want to keep this thread positive. But you all know what the tangibles are here..I don't have to say it. Matter of fact, I'm tired of saying it.

Best thing that could have happened this season would be for me to be dead wrong all week every week. But all I do is analyze based on what is. But as a Bengals fan, I hate being right here.

Chris Perry comes back...provides a spark but not enough to go on a run, THEN Chris Henry, provides a spark but by then it is too late and we just miss the playoffs. But just wait til next season... What...no one has read this screenplay before? I know I have. Only the names and excuses change. Same ole piss poor fuckwad with a lack of commitment to winning is writing it though. And we keep reading.

Chris Henry will be back. And this team will do a 180. But it will be too late. Remember when Boomer had is swan song here? It'll be JUST LIKE THAT.

Too little, too late,after shit doesnt matter anymore. And if the shit is on the line, just punk us out. We fold like bitches at the FIRST sign of adversity. Thats how we roll. Always have.

Fukin A, prove me wrong. I was doing cartwheels during the RAvens game. I was like, what the fuck team is this?!?! Did I just see DJ lay a stick to Todd Heap making him drop the ball?!?!

Mirage.

[quote name='Randle P McMurphy' post='569901' date='Oct 14 2007, 07:47 PM']If Perry can come back and actually stay healthy he'd definately be an upgrade on 3rd down situations. I think getting Henry back would help out on 3rd down as well.[/quote]

If I was Perry I would think twice about coming back right away. The way the offensive line is blocking, Mr. Glass will likely get shattered again.

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' post='569921' date='Oct 14 2007, 09:15 PM']If I was Perry I would think twice about coming back right away. The way the offensive line is blocking, Mr. Glass will likely get shattered again.[/quote]

Yep. Remember the big criticism on Perry? He wasn't exactly the best pass blocker.

But he will step the offense up a notch if he is still worth a damn, thats for sure.

[quote name='bengalsfan850' post='569871' date='Oct 14 2007, 08:11 PM']you think way too highly of chris perry[/quote]

unlikely. i dont think much of or about chris perry, but i KNOW he is fast as hell, quick feet and can get around the orner on a pitch or quick pass, which makes 2nd and 5 and 3rd and whatever a lot more obtainable. by no means do i expect chris perry to come in, start, and run for 3 TD's, i expect himto have 30-45 yards rushing, and 30-50 yards receiving and 2-4 first downs. that takes pressure off chad, tj, kelly, palmer, the blitz, etc. he is a valuable utility and one that compliments the type of running game we have currently very well. so i dont expect much if perry, i expect the presense and help of perry to make everyone else a little better. and frankly, we are "a little better" away from being 4-1 right now.... i think we lost one game by more than a single score.

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' post='569884' date='Oct 14 2007, 08:27 PM']No matter how shitty I feel, reading your responses every week gives me a lil more hope and makes me feel a lil better.[/quote]

ha, thanks, im not, for whatever reason, horrible emotionally attached to the teams win column, i enjoy watching live football and traveling, winning is a TON more fun, but its still enjoyable. in responding to the last comment thinking how close we are to being 4-1 instead of 1-4 is depressing, but we can have a respectable season whether we make the playoffs or not. watching a few wins at home and a few on the road the next few weeks will turn a lot of fans around. i dont think we have the consistancy and "heart" to pull off much of a miracle this year, but the division is weak, and the steelers are an injury away from being pretty miserable themselves. with the defense there banged up, if they lost ben or holmes or parker they fall real quick. our two games against them may make or break any playoff hope we have. tho i think im repeating myself now.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='569894' date='Oct 14 2007, 08:38 PM']I too am looking forward to Chris Perry coming back to be that much needed pass catching option we need out of the backfield/TE position.

Thats all I am going to say, because I want to keep this thread positive. But you all know what the tangibles are here..I don't have to say it. Matter of fact, I'm tired of saying it.

Best thing that could have happened this season would be for me to be dead wrong all week every week. But all I do is analyze based on what is. But as a Bengals fan, I hate being right here.

Chris Perry comes back...provides a spark but not enough to go on a run, THEN Chris Henry, provides a spark but by then it is too late and we just miss the playoffs. But just wait til next season... What...no one has read this screenplay before? I know I have. Only the names and excuses change. Same ole piss poor fuckwad with a lack of commitment to winning is writing it though. And we keep reading.

Chris Henry will be back. And this team will do a 180. But it will be too late. Remember when Boomer had is swan song here? It'll be JUST LIKE THAT.

Too little, too late,after shit doesnt matter anymore. And if the shit is on the line, just punk us out. We fold like bitches at the FIRST sign of adversity. Thats how we roll. Always have.

Fukin A, prove me wrong. I was doing cartwheels during the RAvens game. I was like, what the fuck team is this?!?! Did I just see DJ lay a stick to Todd Heap making him drop the ball?!?!

Mirage.[/quote]
we may very well miss the playoffs, but we could very easily be in a semi exciting "hunt" come late november/early december.

[quote name='Randle P McMurphy' post='569901' date='Oct 14 2007, 08:47 PM']I agree Levi looked fat and slow out there.

[b]2nd place in the division I just dont see that happening. [/b]

If Perry can come back and actually stay healthy he'd definately be an upgrade
on 3rd down situations. I think getting Henry back would help out on 3rd down
as well.[/quote]

the ravens we beat and will beat again, the browns we should take at home and frankly should lose a few more games easily. and are a player or two away from being garbage again. if they stay healthy they might just beat us out. i have all but written off the ravens tho. 2nd place isnt tht far fetched.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='569917' date='Oct 14 2007, 09:09 PM']I'm pretty optimistic about Chris Perry's return. When healthy he was amazing. A good speed back and receiving option out of the back field would really help on 3rd downs.[/quote]

and man do we need 3rd down help. did we convert ANY against the pats? i dont think we did... killing us.

They look like shit in the first 1/2. If they played like they did in the 4th the first 1/2 they would have killed them. Levi stunk up the house...they should have beat his ass in the locker room like Porter did.

I am mad and just venting. Another nice day wasted in the basement watching shit. <_<

[quote name='GoBengals' post='569926' date='Oct 14 2007, 09:19 PM']we may very well miss the playoffs, but we could very easily be in a semi exciting "hunt" come late november/early december.[/quote]I know... I'm a sucker for the dead cat bounce too. I'll be watching, just like the rest of us.

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='569930' date='Oct 14 2007, 09:22 PM']If they played like they did in the 4th the first 1/2 they would have killed them.[/quote]

:lol: you tell em, Bruce Shula...er Dave Lebeau.

As I was watching this, I kept getting more and more pissed off every time I saw that asshole Larry Allen, thinking about how Odell did less, but that drunk driving, repeat-offending cunt Allen was out there yuckin' it up, to the praise of the commentators.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='569926' date='Oct 15 2007, 10:19 AM']i think we lost one game by more than a single score.[/quote]

A loss is a loss. It doesn't matter if it's by 1 point or 100 points. One man coming back, Perry, isn't going to be the piece we're missing. It's going to take a lot more than that to fix this team. They were pitiful today. So much so that I actually feel sorry for the players. I'm beyond getting worked up about them. They're in a bad place right now.

Oh, how many times through the 90's did they lose by a score? The only thing that means is that they weren't good enough to get that extra score.
MULLY

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='569932' date='Oct 14 2007, 09:25 PM']I know... I'm a sucker for the dead cat bounce too. I'll be watching, just like the rest of us.

:lol: you tell em, Bruce Shula...er Dave Lebeau.[/quote]

:363: back at ya.

you don't think they came around in the last 1/2 or 1/4? The first half was a fucking joke. Levi couldn't block a 5yr old from a icecream truck today. If Carson had more time to throw things might have been different.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='569939' date='Oct 14 2007, 09:29 PM']A loss is a loss. It doesn't matter if it's by 1 point or 100 points. One man coming back, Perry, isn't going to be the piece we're missing. It's going to take a lot more than that to fix this team. They were pitiful today. So much so that I actually feel sorry for the players. I'm beyond getting worked up about them. They're in a bad place right now.

Oh, how many times through the 90's did they lose by a score? The only thing that means is that they weren't good enough to get that extra score.
MULLY[/quote]

you dont think perry wil help convert 3rd downs? or you dont think converting third downs will help the team?

brooks should return as well as jeanty,

special teams have improved with just 1-2 player changes.

we have 3 LB's. we cant even rest guys unless someone plays out of position. 1-2 guys cam change the game easily by 1 score. which in effect changes the outcome.

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='569941' date='Oct 14 2007, 09:31 PM']you don't think they came around in the last 1/2 or 1/4?[/quote]

yes they did. Kitna style...knowhatI'msayin?

[quote]The first half was a fucking joke.[/quote]

Yep. But not a new joke. More like a "why did the Bengals cross the road?" "To turn a profit. Anything else is secondary." That kind of "joke".

[quote]Levi couldn't block a 5yr old from a icecream truck today. If Carson had more time to throw things might have been different.[/quote]

True dat... true dat. <starts dancing> "Ole grey mule she ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be, aint what she used be,

Ole grey mule she ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be, aint what she used be..."

[img]http://www.zeldawiki.org/images/thumb/b/b0/Capnpaddlin.jpg/200px-Capnpaddlin.jpg[/img]

[quote name='GoBengals' post='569943' date='Oct 15 2007, 10:32 AM']you dont think perry wil help convert 3rd downs? or you dont think converting third downs will help the team?
brooks should return as well as jeanty,
special teams have improved with just 1-2 player changes.

we have 3 LB's. we cant even rest guys unless someone plays out of position. 1-2 guys cam change the game easily by 1 score. which in effect changes the outcome.[/quote]

Honestly? Playing like they did today, I don't see one player being a swing shift for them. They need way more than that. The Bengals didn't start playing until the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter. If they had that drive earlier in the game they may have won. When Carson gets that no huddle going, and they start clicking, they are hard to stop, even with the scrubs.
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='569950' date='Oct 14 2007, 09:37 PM']Honestly? Playing like they did today, I don't see one player being a swing shift for them. They need way more than that. The Bengals didn't start playing until the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter. If they had that drive earlier in the game they may have won. When Carson gets that no huddle going, and they start clicking, they are hard to stop, even with the scrubs.
MULLY[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Well part of the reason the Bengals looked sharper on offense towards the tail end of the game was because the Chiefs had a 17 point lead and started to play in a softer defense.........the game was not as close as the final score indicated.[/b][/color]

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='569949' date='Oct 14 2007, 09:37 PM']yes they did. Kitna style...knowhatI'msayin?
Yep. But not a new joke. More like a "why did the Bengals cross the road?" "To turn a profit. Anything else is secondary." That kind of "joke".
True dat... true dat. <starts dancing> "Ole grey mule she ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be, aint what she used be,

Ole grey mule she ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be, aint what she used be..."

[img]http://www.zeldawiki.org/images/thumb/b/b0/Capnpaddlin.jpg/200px-Capnpaddlin.jpg[/img][/quote]

I know what you mean dude. ;) ..I'm just venting. better than kicking the ole lady and dogs. :lol:

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='569950' date='Oct 14 2007, 09:37 PM']Honestly? Playing like they did today, I don't see one player being a swing shift for them. They need way more than that. The Bengals didn't start playing until the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter. If they had that drive earlier in the game they may have won. When Carson gets that no huddle going, and they start clicking, they are hard to stop, even with the scrubs.
MULLY[/quote]

dont forget the started "clicking" when Kc pretty much had it wrapped up and went into a prevent.
Nice to pad stats and make a game close and all.
How about the Johnson fumble at the goal line? We were lucky the score even looked decent.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='569926' date='Oct 14 2007, 07:19 PM']and man do we need 3rd down help. did we convert ANY against the pats? i dont think we did... killing us.[/quote]
Fuck the Pats, did we convert any against the miserable Chiefs? I know we were 0/10 at one point....UNACCEPTABLE!
UNACCEPTABLE!!!
Defense aside, which is it's own worst nightmare set of issues, I am actually more disappointed in our offense...bad blocking, Carson missing/fumbling, Chad being his whiny bitch self YET AGAIN...7 points in the first half....UNACCEPTABLE!
Game ball? TJ Houshmanzadeh, your favorite player. He is the best WR in the fucking NFL right now. Statistically speaking, of course.
Hell, TJ is our MVP right now, if being an MVP on a sorry-assed, poorly coached, severely injured losing team would actually mean something, which of course, it doesn't.
You are WAYYYY too optimistic.
maybe you are just trying to prevent a board meltdown but I say let it melt. This team has earned and shown NOTHING in terms of being a tough and together football team.
For all our supposed talent, we are pure garbage.

MULLY[/quote]

the scored with ease on the first drive too. its the in between and keeping drives going, maybe a dump off to perry gets a single extra first down, instead of teh incomplete pass to tj or chad, that single drive could be a TD isntead of a punt for the one play. and this game woulda been tied...

single person single play.

do we line up on 3rd and 1 or two before that 4th down try with 4 wide and perry in the backfield, make the defense single cover and cover perry as a draw and or dump off threat for a single yard gain.

it changes a LOT of scenarios. one guy

add 1-2 more guys on defense, and it can be gamechanging.

Archived