I HATE OHIO STATE

Penn State is overrated every year all because JoPa still coaches.

There is no way Ohio State loses this game. Penn State has no offense, Ohio State has one of the best defenses. Prediction: 24-7 OSU.

The game I'm most interested in is Oregon-USC. USC shows up sporadically throughout the season, I think they will be ready for this one though. GO DUCKS!

[b][size=7][color="#FF0000"]O[/color][color="#000000"][color="#FFFACD"]-[/color][/color][color="#808080"]H[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]G[/color][color="#FF8C00"]a[/color][color="#0000FF"]t[/color][color="#FF8C00"]o[/color][color="#0000FF"]r[/color][color="#FF8C00"]s[/color] [/size][/b]

:wave:

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='577664' date='Oct 24 2007, 05:24 PM'][b][size=7][color="#FF0000"]O[/color][color="#000000"]-[/color][color="#808080"]H[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]G[/color][color="#FF8C00"]a[/color][color="#0000FF"]t[/color][color="#FF8C00"]o[/color][color="#0000FF"]r[/color][color="#FF8C00"]s[/color] [/size][/b]

:wave:[/quote]

:lol: :D

[quote name='natifanatic' post='577652' date='Oct 24 2007, 04:04 PM']Penn State is overrated every year all because JoPa still coaches.

[b]There is no way Ohio State loses this game[/b]. Penn State has no offense, Ohio State has one of the best defenses. Prediction: 24-7 OSU.

The game I'm most interested in is Oregon-USC. USC shows up sporadically throughout the season, I think they will be ready for this one though. GO DUCKS![/quote]

I hate that mentality, or more accurately, it drives me nuts.

There was "no way" that Ohio State would lose the Michigan State in '97(?).

There was "no way" that Ohio State would lose to Michigan in (enter year of John Cooper reign of sorrow here).

There was "no way" that Ohio State would lose to Florida last year.

Walking around with that attitude is just asking for karma to come along and bitch-slap the Buckeyes.

I am confident that they should win; they have one of if not the best defense in the country. However, the offense has a propensity to make stupid mistakes:

Three fumbles on three consecutive touches giving up 2 (could have been 3) TD's in less than a minute???

They pull that against a team that's even moderately more talented or motivated, and they lose.

And nothing is ever guaranteed when they have to go to PSU...

I don't like or hate OSU, but their chances of losing to PSU are pretty slim. Although with the way the top teams have been upset this year, and with the emergence of teams like UK and UC, it certainly wouldn't surprise me.
In fact, i will be rooting for PSU to win just so the top 10 gets more jumbled and interesting, in the hopes that a muddled BCS picture will once again force the powers that be to reconsider some type of a playoff system, because the phrase "co-champion" is oxymoronic, to say the least.

[quote name='Elflocko' post='577736' date='Oct 24 2007, 07:41 PM']I hate that mentality, or more accurately, it drives me nuts.

There was "no way" that Ohio State would lose the Michigan State in '97(?).

There was "no way" that Ohio State would lose to Michigan in (enter year of John Cooper reign of sorrow here).

There was "no way" that Ohio State would lose to Florida last year.

Walking around with that attitude is just asking for karma to come along and bitch-slap the Buckeyes.

I am confident that they should win; they have one of if not the best defense in the country. However, the offense has a propensity to make stupid mistakes:

Three fumbles on three consecutive touches giving up 2 (could have been 3) TD's in less than a minute???

They pull that against a team that's even moderately more talented or motivated, and they lose.

And nothing is ever guaranteed when they have to go to PSU...[/quote]

Nobody said OSU won't or can't lose to Penn St or anyone else. Its just fun to fuck with anyone who roots for a Pennsylvania team !

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='577664' date='Oct 24 2007, 05:24 PM'][b][size=7][color="#FF0000"]O[/color][color="#000000"][color="#FFFACD"]-[/color][/color][color="#808080"]H[/color]
:wave:[/quote]
[img]http://216.26.167.101/thorntons/library/images/Card%20Head%20clr.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.richkern.com/vb/Articles/NewLions/PittPanHead.jpg[/img]

:wave:

[quote name='bengalbutch' post='577760' date='Oct 24 2007, 07:14 PM']Nobody said OSU won't or can't lose to Penn St or anyone else. Its just fun to fuck with anyone who roots for a Pennsylvania team ![/quote]

[quote]QUOTE (natifanatic @ Oct 24 2007, 04:04 PM)
Penn State is overrated every year all because JoPa still coaches.

There is no way Ohio State loses this game. Penn State has no offense, Ohio State has one of the best defenses. Prediction: 24-7 OSU.

The game I'm most interested in is Oregon-USC. USC shows up sporadically throughout the season, I think they will be ready for this one though. GO DUCKS![/quote]

"No Way" = "Can't\Won't"

Hence my post, i.e. apprehension at pissing off karma...

And I wish PA would get a good dose of what CA is getting right now.

Particularly pissburgh and Philly...

***Edit***

And I'm in no way trashing natifanatic or his enthusiasm about the Buckeyes' chances; I hope they win too.

It just makes my skin crawl when people say "This team CAN'T lose to this team".

People said the same thing about the Browns.

And Appalachian State.

And Kentucky.

And....

And....

And......

[quote name='Elflocko' post='577844' date='Oct 24 2007, 08:51 PM']"No Way" = "Can't\Won't"

Hence my post, i.e. apprehension at pissing off karma...

And I wish PA would get a good dose of what CA is getting right now.

Particularly pissburgh and Philly...

***Edit***

And I'm in no way trashing natifanatic or his enthusiasm about the Buckeyes' chances; I hope they win too.

It just makes my skin crawl when people say "This team CAN'T lose to this team".

People said the same thing about the Browns.

And Appalachian State.

And Kentucky.

And....

And....

And......[/quote]
Good thing nobody's making that claim regarding the Bengals/Pissburgh game then, huh?
:lol:

Archived