**** GB.com Forums trending at over 140 Million hits!! ****

November may be the first month of the entire 2007 calendar year that the forum alone here didnt reach over 10,000,000 hits.

before the end of day november 30th, we had already accomplished over 129,042,353 hits for the year... thats right, 129 MILLION hits for the 2007 year in JUST the forums, doesn't count the whodeymail, the GBTV, or the photo galleries, and not even the cap page. everything together puts us at just over 150 Million hits.

I want to thank everyone for visiting and chipping in with design, coding, server payments, etc.

I couldnt possibly keep it going on my own.

Hopefully we get some wins and something to talk about going into 2008!!

there was also, aside from "scheduled" downtime, not a single second, any hour any day, that NO ONE was on the forums, 2 am 5am anytime, there is always someone here..

I just wanted to share some incredible stats with everyone and thank everyone for a great year and hundreds of thousands of discussions and comments.

:D

we also managed about 400 GB of transfer for the year, but again that doesnt count the GBTV site.. which im sure is killin some bandwidth too..

[quote name='CJ4MVP85' post='601879' date='Dec 1 2007, 01:07 AM']:headbang:

Also Go, just wanna say I love the new new posts pic with the Bengal head..Looks good :thumbsup:[/quote]

thanks, tho i dont think they contract eachother the new and not new as much as the old ones... so im gonna upgrade those tomorrow again most likely... and get a "hot topic" ones again thats animated...

[quote name='Elflocko' post='601884' date='Dec 1 2007, 01:11 AM']Uh, I just gotta ask:

How many of those hits were from the DOS attacks?[/quote]

looks like, on the high end, about 300,000 a month at least from unknown or foriegn IP's. which 99.9% of the dos IP's are... give or take some members actually from those places and the 300k is likely a bit high.. realistically about 100,000-150k a month..

so 1-3 million on the year.. on the high side?

and also they amy be pining the Ip in general, not the forum.go-bengals.com domain name. which is all of the stats that i am pulling. for that subdomain only... so the 1-3 is likely even a bit high...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='601888' date='Dec 1 2007, 01:19 AM']looks like, on the high end, about 300,000 a month at least from unknown or foriegn IP's. which 99.9% of the dos IP's are... give or take some members actually from those places and the 300k is likely a bit high.. realistically about 100,000-150k a month..

so 1-3 million on the year.. on the high side?

and also they amy be pining the Ip in general, not the forum.go-bengals.com domain name. which is all of the stats that i am pulling. for that subdomain only... so the 1-3 is likely even a bit high...[/quote]

Cool!

Kick-ass stats. :headbang:

[quote name='GoBengals' post='601877' date='Dec 1 2007, 01:03 AM']November may be the first month of the entire 2007 calendar year that the forum alone here didnt reach over 10,000,000 hits.

before the end of day november 30th, we had already accomplished over 129,042,353 hits for the year... thats right, 129 MILLION hits for the 2007 year in JUST the forums, doesn't count the whodeymail, the GBTV, or the photo galleries, and not even the cap page. everything together puts us at just over 150 Million hits.

I want to thank everyone for visiting and chipping in with design, coding, server payments, etc.

there was also, aside from "scheduled" downtime, not a single second, any hour any day, that NO ONE was on the forums, 2 am 5am anytime, there is always someone here..

I just wanted to share some incredible stats with everyone and thank everyone for a great year and hundreds of thousands of discussions and comments.

we also managed about 400 GB of transfer for the year, but again that doesnt count the GBTV site.. which im sure is killin some bandwidth too..[/quote]

Just out of curiousity, how much will this help with advertisers wanting to put money here?

[quote name='GoBengals' post='601877' date='Dec 1 2007, 01:03 AM']November may be the first month of the entire 2007 calendar year that the forum alone here didnt reach over 10,000,000 hits.

[b]there was also, aside from "scheduled" downtime, not a single second, any hour any day, that NO ONE was on the forums, 2 am 5am anytime, there is always someone here..[/b]

we also managed about 400 GB of transfer for the year, but again that doesnt count the GBTV site.. which im sure is killin some bandwidth too..[/quote]

yea, but I always keep one browser open to the site unless I'm rebooting. ^_^

Hopefully the down numbers in NOvember is merely because of the teams performance and not because of the "Pink Brigade"

Congrats Go!

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='601968' date='Dec 1 2007, 09:25 AM']yea, but I always keep one browser open to the site unless I'm rebooting. ^_^[/quote]
no shit, i dont even turn off my computer any more i just leave whatever sites up when i leave the house and 99% of the time its this one

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='602100' date='Dec 1 2007, 04:16 PM']Well I think those numbers are a tribute to the great product you put out there. I know you have invested a lot of money of your own and spent countless hours working on it. A least you know it is not going un-noticed.

I think I speak for everyone when I say many thanks my friend.[/quote]

no matter how much ass you kiss you cant have access to the admin control panel again...

ass kisser.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='602100' date='Dec 1 2007, 04:16 PM']Well I think those numbers are a tribute to the great product you put out there. I know you have invested a lot of money of your own and spent countless hours working on it. A least you know it is not going un-noticed.

I think I speak for everyone when I say many thanks my friend.[/quote]

uh oh. we better alert scarlet knight!

• 3 weeks later...

im sure no one is too worried about it, but after the stats actually compiled, the forums hit: 10,005,512 hits for november. so each of the first 11 months hit 10+ million hits. december isnt looking so strong, it will also be a photo finish.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='610564' date='Dec 17 2007, 02:59 AM']im sure no one is too worried about it, but after the stats actually compiled, the forums hit: 10,005,512 hits for november. so each of the first 11 months hit 10+ million hits. december isnt looking so strong, it will also be a photo finish.[/quote]

Damn.

Archived