Chad -vs- Housh .... for the Pro Bowl ?

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who deserves the Pro Bowl more ?

• Chad
    • Housh
    • Neither
  2. 2. Who do you think will go to the Pro Bowl ?

• Chad
    • Housh
    • Neither
    • Both
  3. 3. Who would you rather see go to the Pro Bowl ?

• Chad
    • Housh
    • Neither

[color="#FF8C00"][b][font="Arial Narrow"][size=6]Through 13 Games ... [/size][/b][/color]

[center][size=5][img]http://images.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/_photos/2006-07-05-cjohnson.jpg[/img]

REC --- [b]79[/b]
YDS --- [b]1,187 [/b]
AVG --- [b]15.0 [/b]
TDS --- [b]6[/b]

[img]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/peter_king/06/20/mmqbte.draft.redux/p1_tj.jpg[/img]

REC --- [b]96[/b]
YDS --- [b]966[/b]
AVG --- [b]10.1 [/b]
TDS --- [b]11[/b] [/font][/size][/center]

[b]I think that Housh will have to get his yardage total to 1,300 yds in order to go (which means he needs a huge game coming up and 2 avg ones) & that he probably deserves it more.

[size=3]However, I think that Chad will go ...[/size] as his yd total will probably be 1,400 + 9 TD's and his name recognition alone guarantees him a Pro Bowl every year that he breaks 1,300 yds.

It is a shame that Housh probably can't go, as 2 Bengal WR's will not be invited. [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='607732' date='Dec 12 2007, 02:10 AM'][b]I think that Housh will have to get his yardage total to 1,300 yds in order to go (which means he needs a huge game coming up and 2 avg ones) & that he probably deserves it more.

[size=3]However, I think that Chad will go ...[/size] as his yd total will probably be 1,400 + 9 TD's and his name recognition alone guarantees him a Pro Bowl every year that he breaks 1,300 yds.

It is a shame that Housh probably can't go, as 2 Bengal WR's will not be invited. [/b][/quote]

I agree BJ. I think TJ should go and I would prefer to see him go, but everyone knows Chad and he will get the votes of teenagers everywhere.

[b]After Sundays game Tory Holt told Housh that he would see him in Hawaii (as reported by Housh in the lockerroom interview) ...

Wonder if that means that other NFL players might give him a chance over Chad [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img][/b]

I think it will be TJ, with a chance that its both.

How scary is it that we have two WR's who could both end up on the pro bowl roster, and our passing game has been a relative disappointment this year?

Chad's numbers have suffered the most from teams taking away the long ball.

It may get interesting down the stretch, as I expect Chad to light things up in his hometown of Miami in 3 weeks. He'll be pumped for that game.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='607777' date='Dec 12 2007, 09:02 AM'][b]It's a shame Housh can't be counted as a glorified pass catching Tight End [i](which is closer to what he is)[/i] ... because if so his stats would be off the charts. [/b][/quote]

He is closer to a pass catching TE?

How in the world do you figure that?

He's a prototypical slot receiver.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='607798' date='Dec 12 2007, 10:07 AM']I don't see Harrison. Welker has an outside shot though.[/quote]

Hard to say, remember fan voting does get some of this. But with Harrison being injured as much as he has been this year I could see him missing it too.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='607777' date='Dec 12 2007, 09:02 AM'][b]It's a shame Housh can't be counted as a glorified pass catching Tight End [i](which is closer to what he is)[/i] ... because if so his stats would be off the charts. [/b][/quote]

Finally, someone has caughts Brats rational as to why our TE's are seen less in the passing game. TJ is called upon for catches nominally reserved for TE's and unfortunatelly takes the hits that come with it which could lead to a shorter career.

[quote name='Bengals 4 Life' post='607831' date='Dec 12 2007, 11:15 AM']Tough to make a case for either since they're on a losing team.

The reality is the pro-bowl should be for guys who have amazing years AND who play a role in their team winning football games.[/quote]

totally disagree. IMO, I almost think its more impressive if you have an amazing year on a losing team. That you're performing so well with less talent around you.

I think TJ has a better chance of making the pro bowl than Chad. He has way more TDs and everyone in the NFL knows he will go inside and make the tough yards to keep the chains moving plus he blocks well down field. He is a complete player that any team would like to have.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='607838' date='Dec 12 2007, 10:28 AM']neither deserve to go, neither have played well enough to go. Tho i would say Tj has a better cahnce, unless chad gets 5-6 td's in the last few games[/quote]

I thought the voting was already done. If so, the next few games aren't going to mean squat.

[quote name='SF2' post='607845' date='Dec 12 2007, 10:35 AM']I think TJ has a better chance of making the pro bowl than Chad. He has way more TDs and everyone in the NFL knows he will go inside and make the tough yards to keep the chains moving plus he blocks well down field. He is a complete player that any team would like to have.[/quote]

I agree on TJ, in a perfect world. Unfortunately, the popularity thing enters into it.

That said, I think it'll be Moss, Wayne, Edwards, and either Chad or TJ, but not both (unless there's a scratch, which often happens in this meaningless game).

Archived