Mike Brown's car

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='607918' date='Dec 12 2007, 01:39 PM']People used to always make fun of his Lumina. I never really got it. If he was driving a Bentley, people would bitch about him spending money on cars but not the team. I wonder what kind of car people would be ok with him driving.[/quote]
A monster truck that was spray painted black and orange camo with "Fuck the Steelers" written all over it with a Steeler dressed dummy plastered to the grill.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='607918' date='Dec 12 2007, 01:39 PM']People used to always make fun of his Lumina. I never really got it. If he was driving a Bentley, people would bitch about him spending money on cars but not the team. I wonder what kind of car people would be ok with him driving.[/quote]

bingo. He could donate $50 million to an orphanage and someone would complain that he didn't spend that money on the team.

[quote name='Chris Henrys Dealer' post='607922' date='Dec 12 2007, 01:42 PM']He's moved up. In that SI article from 2001'ish he drove a '91 Chevy Lumina

For what it's worth...Warren Buffet....worth approximately about $44 billion drives a 2001 Lincoln Town car and lives in a $100k house in Omaha, Nebraska. (He does have his own Learjet though)[/quote]
sam walton drove the same ford f150 for like 20 years and had the engine rebuilt a bunch of times. i find stuff like that funny

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='607920' date='Dec 12 2007, 12:41 PM']A monster truck that was spray painted black and orange camo with "Fuck the Steelers" written all over it with a Steeler dressed dummy plastered to the grill.[/quote]

:lol:

I'm not rich, but if I ever am I am not going to spend that much on a car. It doesn't make sense to. They get dinged up and only depreciate in value. My dream car right now is nothing more than an Ivory Chrysler 300.

[quote name='Actium' post='607928' date='Dec 12 2007, 01:47 PM']:lol:

I'm not rich, but if I ever am I am not going to spend that much on a car. It doesn't make sense to. They get dinged up and only depreciate in value. My dream car right now is nothing more than an Ivory Chrysler 300.[/quote]

hell, I'd be happy with a jeep grand cherokee. :lol:

[quote name='natifanatic' post='607915' date='Dec 12 2007, 01:34 PM']Good to see his cheap ass ways extends past the team. <_<[/quote]

[b]The chevy malibu is a prudent choice, american made, fairly fuel effeicent and all. However, if one were truly aware of all the factors involved in making an inoffencive automobile selectioin for travel, he would have chosen an 2006 HONDA ACCORD 4 door in the Hybrid Trim.[/b]

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='607916' date='Dec 12 2007, 01:35 PM']maybe he just likes the car? :huh:[/quote]

[b]This could be a possibilty, however extensively it rubs against the grain of taste and decency. There are some out there, who, in some manner, attempt to justify their choices based upon a conditioning resultant upon ingrained values browbeat upon thier consciousness.[/b]

[quote name='IKOTA' post='607917' date='Dec 12 2007, 01:36 PM']I don't think anyone likes that car[/quote]

[b] You sir should attempt no endeavors that would require you to think, as the resultant action would have grave and detrimental effects upon all those subjected to your depravity. If however, you cultivate the desiorius soil of your being with an eye toward decency, and can illustrate the fruit of contemplation to the naked minds that assimilate your words, at that time, and only then will both the macrocosm and microcosm will be open to your statements.[/b]

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='607931' date='Dec 12 2007, 12:49 PM'][img]http://www.thecarfinders.co.uk/images/DodgeBlackSRT-8.jpg[/img]

I'd have about 3 of these[/quote]

pretty much the Chrysler 300 body with some modifications and a better engine. I like it a lot

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='607921' date='Dec 12 2007, 01:41 PM']bingo. He could donate $50 million to an orphanage and someone would complain that he didn't spend that money on the team.[/quote]

He could donate $50 million to an orphanage and someone would complain that he didn't spend that money on the team.

He could keep it all to himself and someone would complain that he didn't spend that money on the team.

He could drive an expensive car and someone would complain that he didn't spend that money on the team.

He could drive a cheap car and someone would complain that he didn't spend that money on the team.

MAYBE IF HE SPENT (non-cap) MONEY ON THE TEAM?!?!

Baffling concept I know.

There is only on choice for the prudent National Football league owner on the go and that is the the Honda Accord Hybrid, or louts elise.

I must make amends, the only prudent choice for the National Football league owner on the go would be Either:

A

Toyota Highlander Hybrid

or

a pimped out ESCALADE that has been through the Facility.

I am hoping that the Brilliant minds at Honda are forthwith endeavoring to unleash upon the masses a Honda Pilot, or an Acura Suv that utilizes the latest in fuel efficient technology, and upon release all those with an eye towards good taste would purchase said vehicle forthwith.

[quote name='The Scales' post='607930' date='Dec 12 2007, 04:19 PM'][b] You sir should attempt no endeavors that would require you to think, as the resultant action would have grave and detrimental effects upon all those subjected to your depravity. If however, you cultivate the desiorius soil of your being with an eye toward decency, and can illustrate the fruit of contemplation to the naked minds that assimilate your words, at that time, and only then will both the macrocosm and microcosm will be open to your statements.[/b][/quote]

:lol:

You're funny........

Let the light of my multi layered comment illuminate your third eye and allow it to reflect back upon the proletariat contained within this micro/macrocosm the proposterous, puerile and incongrous nature of my remark. A remark which has clearly been rendered more puerile than its intent when it was hatched.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='607945' date='Dec 12 2007, 01:18 PM']:lol:

You're funny........

Let the light of my multi layered comment illuminate your third eye and allow it to reflect back upon the proletariat contained within this micro/macrocosm the proposterous, puerile and incongrous nature of my remark. A remark which has clearly been rendered more puerile than its intent when it was hatched.[/quote]

The existentialist ramifications of said puerile remarks has transmogrified the original endeavor into an altogether incongruous end. A synergy of purpose, if you will, which has as the inexorable destiny of a hegemonic place in the avenues of rumination. For as is often the case, actions yield denouments antithetical to the mind-uterus which gave them birth. Like Mephistopheles, who desired only evil yet did only good, the target of our utterances must undergo their own Faustian bargain. Lest banality reign forevermore, grandiloquence with no efficacy is peremportily prescribed for all paramours of verbosity.

[quote name='Actium' post='607954' date='Dec 12 2007, 05:05 PM']The existentialist ramifications of said puerile remarks has transmogrified the original endeavor into an altogether incongruous end. A synergy of purpose, if you will, which has as the inexorable destiny of a hegemonic place in the avenues of rumination. For as is often the case, actions yield denouments antithetical to the mind-uterus which gave them birth. Like Mephistopheles, who desired only evil yet did only good, the target of our utterances must undergo their own Faustian bargain. Lest banality reign forevermore, grandiloquence with no efficacy is peremportily prescribed for all paramours of verbosity.[/quote]

Totally agree

[quote name='Bunghole' post='607952' date='Dec 12 2007, 05:03 PM']IKOTA is depraved because he hates a piece of shit American car....

IKOTA :pointlaff:

You'd better get to work on cultivating the desirous soil of your being (with an eye towards decency, of course)!![/quote]

Depraved and deprived -_-

[quote name='Actium' post='607954' date='Dec 12 2007, 02:35 PM']The existentialist ramifications of said puerile remarks has transmogrified the original endeavor into an altogether incongruous end. A synergy of purpose, if you will, which has as the inexorable destiny of a hegemonic place in the avenues of rumination. For as is often the case, actions yield denouments antithetical to the mind-uterus which gave them birth. Like Mephistopheles, who desired only evil yet did only good, the target of our utterances must undergo their own Faustian bargain. Lest banality reign forevermore, grandiloquence with no efficacy is peremportily prescribed for all paramours of verbosity.[/quote]
This is starting to remind me of that Damon Wayans skit from "In Living Color" where he plays the black guy that likes to throw around a lot of fancy-sounding words without knowing what any of them mean...

[quote name='The Scales' post='607930' date='Dec 12 2007, 01:49 PM'][b] You sir should attempt no endeavors that would require you to think, as the resultant action would have grave and detrimental effects upon all those subjected to your depravity. If however, you cultivate the desiorius soil of your being with an eye toward decency, and can illustrate the fruit of contemplation to the naked minds that assimilate your words, at that time, and only then will both the macrocosm and microcosm will be open to your statements.[/b][/quote]

Sounds like somebody owns a Chevy Malibu... :D

[quote name='Bunghole' post='607959' date='Dec 12 2007, 01:41 PM']This is starting to remind me of that Damon Wayans skit from "In Living Color" where he plays the black guy that likes to throw around a lot of fancy-sounding words without knowing what any of them mean...[/quote]

The alluded-to treatise-in-play-form harkens towards a time from yesteryear, wherein cultural impact was focused but the ideas contained therein planted the seed for this moment. The lexicon employed by the speaker conveys the communications of said speaker, to some other party, but perhaps the message thereby transmitted is not that originally spawned in the mating pool of ganglion and synapse that is the human brain.

No, for perchance the verbiage selected by happenstance, by a muse unseen who works her magic within the very depths of our literary soul, has done mischief of being not the standard usage of these terms; but then, is it any less correct, for one can obtain possessory ownership of a word through repeated utterances to the point that it supersedes the traditional meaning. Somniloquacity has perhaps done this more than loquacity in conscious state, in that the subconcious is given free reign over the organs of speech, but then this impacts the legitimacy of the transfigured building blocks of communication not at all.

In Living Color, then, through the device of a seemingly hapless adulterer of English, illustrates in its own comedic manner the way in which language is of microcosm and not macrocosm. For if the utterer knows the meaning he hopes to impart to some other party, that is enough. If the other party does not interpret this message in the same way, the failure is not in the utterer, but in the inability of the listener to adapt to the cultural environment of the utterer that gave rise to the comments in the first place. Fly Girls, indeed. Fight on, Wayans. For you are both Keen-an of Thought, and Ivory of Purpose.

Archived