So, what are the chances that...

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' post='609983' date='Dec 15 2007, 11:34 PM']we get any nationally televised games next year?

We had 4 this year--2 Mondays, 1 Thursday, and 1 Saturday. After the 2007 perfomance of this team, I'll be surprised it we get ANY next year--I'll bet [b]all of our games will be on Sunday afternoon in 2008[/b].[/quote]

Fine by me.

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' post='609983' date='Dec 15 2007, 11:34 PM']we get any nationally televised games next year?

We had 4 this year--2 Mondays, 1 Thursday, and 1 Saturday. After the 2007 perfomance of this team, I'll be surprised it we get ANY next year--I'll bet all of our games will be on Sunday afternoon in 2008.[/quote]

while that would be fucking awesome, as its easier to travel and go to home games on sunday afternoons, im sure we will have 2-ish. a bunch of injuries and replacement scrubbs in 2007 doesnt mean a damn thing in 2008.

[quote name='schnittke33' post='610103' date='Dec 16 2007, 03:12 AM']Ya then all your friends/peers laugh and talk shit about how much better pissburgh and cleveland are than us![/quote]

I just hope we aren't on NFL network next year, and I'm just fine with no prime time games. They hurt a team and we don't need that. That being said, with Palmer, Johnson, and TJ, we will be back on Primetime. People like stars and we have a couple.

[quote name='Jason' post='609989' date='Dec 15 2007, 11:39 PM']Fine by me.[/quote]

likewise... I think we underachieve when the spotlight is on us. can anyone pull up the record during the last 5 years of games played at 1pm EST versus games played after 1pm EST on sundays, include thursday, saturday, and monday nights if you care too... I know this has been done once before but i cannot remember the results

Cincinnati just doesn't have mass market appeal, so without a playoff run I don't see how we get as much love next year.

The SF vs CIN Thurs night game was supposed to be two playoff contenders - oops.

We'll get one vs Pitt, but that's more tribute to Pitt fan base than Cincy.
What other opponent has that kind of appeal. The SF looked like a great match up when the schedule was announced. I don't see another match up like that, maybe The G-Men or the Battle of Ohio.

[quote name='schnittke33' post='610103' date='Dec 16 2007, 03:12 AM']Ya then all your friends/peers laugh and talk shit about how much better pissburgh and cleveland are than us![/quote]

sounds like you have shitty friends and peers.

[quote name='ArmyBengal' post='610767' date='Dec 17 2007, 02:31 PM']Cincinnati just doesn't have mass market appeal, so without a playoff run I don't see how we get as much love next year.

The SF vs CIN Thurs night game was supposed to be two playoff contenders - oops.

We'll get one vs Pitt, but that's more tribute to Pitt fan base than Cincy.
What other opponent has that kind of appeal. The SF looked like a great match up when the schedule was announced. I don't see another match up like that, maybe The G-Men or the Battle of Ohio.[/quote]

the decision isnt made until next year, around may/june, so a solid draft and we should get some love again.

[quote name='Who Dey Time' post='610771' date='Dec 17 2007, 02:36 PM']I actually think that Bengals vs. Browns would make for an interesting prime time matchup.[/quote]

yea, and the bengals steelers game is awlays interesting. and us vs other high power offenses is always good, regardless of how poorly things went this year, a bengals colts or bengals pats game is always primetime material... the pats ruined everyone this year..

[quote name='GoBengals' post='610772' date='Dec 17 2007, 02:39 PM']yea, and the bengals steelers game is awlays interesting. and us vs other high power offenses is always good, regardless of how poorly things went this year, a bengals colts or bengals pats game is always primetime material... the pats ruined everyone this year..[/quote]

One that is a PROBABLE primetime game next year is at the Giants. The 2003 #1 pick vs. the 2004 #1 pick.

[quote name='Who Dey Time' post='610773' date='Dec 17 2007, 02:41 PM']One that is a PROBABLE primetime game next year is at the Giants. The 2003 #1 pick vs. the 2004 #1 pick.[/quote]

true true... we also play some MNF favorites, the eagles, cowboys (romo vs carson, to vs ocho fucko, etc. the giants as you mentioned, the colts in indy, then the jags could be good too, or even the texans depending what they do in the offseason..

hell our whols schedule next year is primetime waiting to happen. and a tough schedule to boot.

[url="http://www.bengals.com/team/200509ScheduleRotation.asp"]http://www.bengals.com/team/200509ScheduleRotation.asp[/url]

[quote name='Who Dey Time' post='610773' date='Dec 17 2007, 02:41 PM']One that is a PROBABLE primetime game next year is at the Giants. The 2003 #1 pick vs. the 2004 #1 pick.[/quote]

i agree, or any NFC east team for that matter since they are all big market teams and we have "ocho cinco" and "whosyourmomma" i think a T.O. VS chad game will spark some intrest, especally if our O starts playing in 05 form again

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='610749' date='Dec 17 2007, 01:54 PM']likewise... I think we underachieve when the spotlight is on us. can anyone pull up the record during the last 5 years of games played at 1pm EST versus games played after 1pm EST on sundays, include thursday, saturday, and monday nights if you care too... I know this has been done once before but i cannot remember the results[/quote]

Honestly I'm not worried about that as much as I like having my normal Sunday routine, and I like getting enough sleep on "work nights".

[quote name='schnittke33' post='610987' date='Dec 18 2007, 12:41 AM']Act like you don't talk shit to your Steelers and Browns friends/peers when we kick their asses!
-_-[/quote]

"Steelers friends".

These two words contradict themselves. In fact, a recent study performed by doogles University in Cincinnati, OH proved that no likable human being can possibly be a fan of the pissburgh stealers at all. And not surprisingly, in 100% of the cases studied, the only friend the studied stealers Fans had were other stealer fans due to their all-around repulsiveness.

-jd

[quote name='schnittke33' post='610987' date='Dec 18 2007, 12:41 AM']Act like you don't talk shit to your Steelers and Browns friends/peers when we kick their asses!
-_-[/quote]

I never talked shit with my Browns fans friends, I always felt sorry for them (til this year). They still managed to want to talk shit though. :blink: I usually just patted them on the head and said "it's ok lil' fella." -_-

Archived