Ocho and TJ out of control per PFT.com

POSTED 12:11 p.m. EST, December 17, 2007

CHAD, T.J. "OUT OF CONTROL"

A league source tells us that there is growing animosity in the Bengals locker room toward receivers Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

Per the source, both are yelling "all the time" at quarterback Carson Palmer, but coach Marvin Lewis doesn't say or do anything about it. Players are also upset that the two receivers are trying to "run the team."

The situation reminds us of the latter days of the Denny Green era in Minnesota, where receivers Cris Carter and Randy Moss were berating quarterback Daunte Culpepper and operating under a separate set of rules.

[quote name='Patton' post='610681' date='Dec 17 2007, 12:29 PM']POSTED 12:11 p.m. EST, December 17, 2007

A league source tells us that there is growing animosity in the Bengals locker room toward receivers Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

Per the source, both are yelling "all the time" at quarterback Carson Palmer, but coach Marvin Lewis doesn't say or do anything about it. Players are also upset that the two receivers are trying to "run the team."

The situation reminds us of the latter days of the Denny Green era in Minnesota, where receivers Cris Carter and Randy Moss were berating quarterback Daunte Culpepper and operating under a separate set of rules.[/quote]

I love when I hear stories like this...

Do these fucks not realize who thier QB is? They could MAYBE go to 3 other teams and have a better QB to throw them the ball.

idiots.

So here is the tidbit below, basically saying Marvin has lost control of the locker room. This may give us some insight on to why it seems our season imploded. I give Florio the benefit of the doubt on this once cause it shore as hell seems ML doesnt have any control over how our players act. This may also be a side effect of not having any real veteran leadership on this team.

[url="http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm"]http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm[/url]

[quote]POSTED 12:11 p.m. EST, December 17, 2007

The situation reminds us of the latter days of the Denny Green era in Minnesota, where receivers Cris Carter and Randy Moss were berating quarterback Daunte Culpepper and operating under a separate set of rules.[/quote]

I personally think ML has lost control and the lack of real leadership in the locker room is really sinking this ship fast.

That's not true! That's impossible!!!!!!

Chad I'm not surpised about--just look at him during games. He and Carson are not getting along. TJ --who knows if that's true. But it probably is. TJ strikes me as someone who gets frustrated when others don't do as well as he, and Carson isn't exactly lighting it up.

True or not, this certainly seems plausible.

[quote name='Actium' post='610710' date='Dec 17 2007, 12:59 PM']business as usual.

if true, I blame Carson as much as Chad, TJ, and Marvin. Carson needs to stand up for himself.[/quote]

Yeah -- being a little more fiery probably wouldn't hurt #9. As much as I hate Brady, it was pretty cool when he was tussling with the Steeler's D after the first score in that came. In any case, whatever -- people getting frustrated when their jobs suck, even if they're making a lot of money, and Chad and TJ's jobs kinda suck right now. Winning cures all, and this shit isn't what kept us from winning this year.

[quote name='Actium' post='610710' date='Dec 17 2007, 12:59 PM']business as usual.

if true, I blame Carson as much as Chad, TJ, and Marvin. Carson needs to stand up for himself.[/quote]

carson yells at them just as often, does no one remember him storming down field and going off on chad in the patriots game?

most all WR's are douchebags, where is the story, same headline, put in TO, or half the WR's in the league.

then again i dont know of too many guys on the roster who shouldnt be bitching, ...

marvin isnt carson father, is he supposed to go to chd and tj and say "hey guys stop yelling at carson, he is your friend"

im sure its true to an extent, carson yells too tho, he just doesnt do it to get on tv.

Grimaced as much as anyone every time Kitna dropped back to pass but we sure miss his leadership.

His and Hue Jackson's. Pure speculation but my read on Carson's leadership is more lead by example and we're professionals expected to deliver and that's not resonating with CJ and TJ, they needed Kitna's rah-rah and Hue's father figure guidance.

Correct me if you disagree but aren't CJ and TJ different shades of the prima dona wide-out personality common among elite receivers?

Don't put much stock in the report nor how out of context it might be, but even if slightly true, then I agree with Actium, it's CP's job to lead them.

[quote]ive said it before and ill say it again, anyone posting garbage from that website should be warned and then banned. PFT is the national enquirer of the nfl.[/quote]

Wow, didn't realize G-B.com was Communist Russia. :mellow:

Have you seen them on the sideline? Do you really think this story is that far-fetched?

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='610728' date='Dec 17 2007, 01:25 PM']Wow, didn't realize G-B.com was Communist Russia. :mellow:

Have you seen them on the sideline? Do you really think this story is that far-fetched?[/quote]

I think this is the reason no one has slammed the poster of this article. PFT articles are usually garbage unless they hit on something we probably all suspect and would have no problem believing.

I'm all for Marvin making whole sale changes this offseason. What we have obviously isn't working and when it does, it leaves just as quickly and it came. I'm not saying get rid of this guy or that guy, but serious personnel/coaching changes need to be made.

Donnie Henderson has been w/ the club all year as an "observer" aka Marvin again hedging his bets w/ Chuck knowing he's in the last year of his deal. I think Chuck's contract isn't renewed and Donnie is promoted.

I think offensively, letting Brat go and promoting Zampese would not be an idea I oppose. Zampese has been on team's short lists in offseason to become an O coordinator and it's just a matter of time before he gets that gig somewhere. I think our offense is a bit stale, I think Zampese, knowing Carson as well as he does could inject some much needed life into this offense.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='610728' date='Dec 17 2007, 01:25 PM']Wow, didn't realize G-B.com was Communist Russia. :mellow:

Have you seen them on the sideline? Do you really think this story is that far-fetched?[/quote]

Nothing reported from this site is ever true, its all media garb to get the fans in an uproar. TJ, Chad, and Carson check each other to motivate one another. Its been that way for the last few seasons, except now its all negative locker room cancer because we are losing.

I think WR's (and T.O. and Moss, etc) are happy when winning and pissy when losing. Sure, it sucks. Sure, you'd like it to not be that way. But I think if next year we're winning they're on the sideline smiling and laughing it up. I don't like to see this, but I don't think it's the end of the world.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='610735' date='Dec 17 2007, 01:34 PM'][b]Nothing ever reported from this site is ever true, its all media garb to get the fans in an uproar.[/b] TJ, Chad, and Carson check each other to motivate one another. Its been that way for the last few seasons, except now its all negative locker room cancer because we are losing.[/quote]

As someone who actually reads the site everyday, I can assure you that's not even close to true. You can choose to believe that if you want... but I don't really see what deluding yourself about the content of a website really accomplishes. :lol:

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='610726' date='Dec 17 2007, 01:22 PM']ive said it before and ill say it again, anyone posting garbage from that website should be warned and then banned. PFT is the national enquirer of the nfl.[/quote]

So just because they have a perceived bias against some clubs means they have no legitmacy? Yeah, i understand some of there stuff doesnt end up being true and yea, they like to stir the pot, but if they were that bad, how can they have the NFL as one of their sponsors. and don't give me a garbage reply, give me something that can stand on two legs. You should be warned and banned for denouncing a report based on who published it, this is american right? Just like the other poster said, sounds like we're back under the iron curtain the way your talking.

[quote name='Phish' post='610739' date='Dec 17 2007, 01:40 PM']So just because they have a perceived bias against some clubs means they have no legitmacy? Yeah, i understand some of there stuff doesnt end up being true and yea, they like to stir the pot, but if they were that bad, how can they have the NFL as one of their sponsors. and don't give me a garbage reply, give me something that can stand on two legs. You should be warned and banned for denouncing a report based on who published it, this is american right? Just like the other poster said, sounds like we're back under the iron curtain the way your talking.[/quote]

post one article they have released that has ended up being the truth and Ill eat my helping of crow.

articles posted from that site usually end up being 10 pages of arguements from the members here. its all useless garb and some gullible folk go to war defending it because they read it on the internet therefore its gospel. This is the reason I cast my vote to ban any article from that site being posted here. hell if we wanted to argue about things that arent true or going to happen we can just start another Levar Arrington thread.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='610745' date='Dec 17 2007, 12:47 PM']post one article they have released that has ended up being the truth and Ill eat my helping of crow.

articles posted from that site usually end up being 10 pages of arguements from the members here. its all useless garb and some gullible folk go to war defending it because they read it on the internet therefore its gospel. This is the reason I cast my vote to ban any article from that site being posted here. hell if we wanted to argue about things that arent true or going to happen we can just start another Levar Arrington thread.[/quote]

They were pretty on top of things in the Vick saga

[quote name='Who Dey Time' post='610757' date='Dec 17 2007, 02:07 PM']Wasn't Marvin going to be the next head coach at Michigan according to PFT?[/quote]
Yep, he or Shanahan... With Shanahan being the "more likely" of the two.

Like I said in that forum - these guys just sling a bunch of shit against the wall and hope any of it sticks...

Archived