Dorey and Ellis

I'm just thinking out loud. I know this would probably NEVER happen, but let's say Dorsey and Ellis are both there at #9. Would you consider trading next years #1 & #3 & #4 (if that's what it takes) and draft both DTs?

We've seen teams in the recent past trade their future number one pick to get a player they believe will help them win now, just wondering if you think the Bengals would be that aggressive and if you were in charge, would you do it?

[quote name='WRAPradio' post='641271' date='Mar 7 2008, 09:37 AM']I'm just thinking out loud. I know this would probably NEVER happen, but let's say Dorsey and Ellis are both there at #9. Would you consider trading next years #1 & #3 & #4 (if that's what it takes) and draft both DTs?

We've seen teams in the recent past trade their future number one pick to get a player they believe will help them win now, just wondering if you think the Bengals would be that aggressive and if you were in charge, would you do it?[/quote]

never

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='641274' date='Mar 7 2008, 09:40 AM']nah, you take Ellis and be thankful that you didn't have to take a risk on Dosery's injury concerns.

There are plenty of needs on this team, you can't just screw yourselves next year to get 2 DT's when you have a capable starter in Peko.[/quote]

Agreed. Remember the Edwards-Whitley draft where the Bengals took 2 DTs as high first round picks? It worked out ok but I'm dubious of trying it again.

[quote name='WRAPradio' post='641271' date='Mar 7 2008, 08:37 AM']I'm just thinking out loud. I know this would probably NEVER happen, but let's say Dorsey and Ellis are both there at #9. Would you consider trading next years #1 & #3 & #4 (if that's what it takes) and draft both DTs?

We've seen teams in the recent past trade their future number one pick to get a player they believe will help them win now, just wondering if you think the Bengals would be that aggressive and if you were in charge, would you do it?[/quote]

No way no how. Top 10 is littered with DT busts.

[quote name='WRAPradio' post='641271' date='Mar 7 2008, 09:37 AM']I'm just thinking out loud. I know this would probably NEVER happen, but let's say Dorsey and Ellis are both there at #9. Would you consider trading next years #1 & #3 & #4 (if that's what it takes) and draft both DTs?

what?!??!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!??!

fuck no.

[quote name='Captain Awesome' post='641403' date='Mar 7 2008, 02:21 PM']I would do it in a heart beat. Look what drafting twice in the first round did for the browns last year.

:ninja:[/quote]

thomas turned out good for them...brady didn't

it would be the same for us...ellis =good, dorsey=bad

[quote name='bengalsfan850' post='641447' date='Mar 7 2008, 06:29 PM']thomas turned out good for them...brady didn't

it would be the same for us...ellis =good, dorsey=bad[/quote]

Brady Quinn didn't play because Derek Anderson emerged as a quality starter, and that was a total surprise. No one expected Anderson to have that kind of a year. Was it a fluke, I hope so.

But what DT on our team could come out of no where to have a pro bowl year? Peko? Thornton? Titis Adams? Michael Myers? Maybe one of them can, but I just don't see it.

With the bust rate among DT taken early in the draft, I just hope we pick the right one (if he falls or we trade up).

Maybe we should see what Harrison Ford is doing during the draft..........

[center][img]http://www.solarnavigator.net/films_movies_actors/actors_films_images/indiana_jones_temple_of_doom.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.geocities.com/~micsaund/IJ_web/choose_wisely.jpg[/img][/center]

Archived