Bengals v Packers

Well the first preseason game will soon be here and I am psyched. My only concern of course is the Favre nonsense that will occur during the game. I think I have a way to make it less painful. How many times do you think the name Brett Favre or Favre will be mentioned in the course of the game?

I am thinking that the Packers will ask ESPN not to go overboard with it,... but they will.

So whats the guess?

I am going with 32 just like OJ.

I will try and keep track but another scorer would help. I will do it by pre-game, quarters, half-time and post game. I will only count it if it happens in the actual telecast. I figure the pre and half-time will be at least 24. Heck I might be way low on this.

EDIT: fans yelling it don't count unless they are handed a mic by a reporter.

[quote name='Jason' post='685448' date='Aug 7 2008, 09:24 PM']Don't worry about it, turn it into a drinking game. Every time his name is said, take for drinks of beer.[/quote]

And have EMTs on call outside your house. You will need a good stomach pumping to survive this drinking game.

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='685490' date='Aug 8 2008, 03:31 AM']It's better than hearing "Michael Vick" 234298234982348 times like last August, when we played the Falcons.[/quote]

yeah and all the fans wearing their Vick jersies in support of the convicted dog killer. Just gotta wonder sometimes. I agree though, I don't think it can come close to the Vick nightmare. Brett may have gone to jail with the Jets but at least he can leave when he wants.

[quote name='SF2' post='685445' date='Aug 7 2008, 08:59 PM']How many times do you think the name Brett Favre or Favre will be mentioned in the course of the game?

I am thinking that the Packers will ask ESPN not to go overboard with it,... but they will.

So whats the guess?[/quote]

Clarifying the rules here...

Do statistical graphics and/or video footage count?

[quote name='whodey1971' post='685564' date='Aug 8 2008, 10:52 AM']Clarifying the rules here...

Do statistical graphics and/or video footage count?[/quote]

Lets keep it to announcers, field reporters, players or coaches being interviewed saying either Brett, Favre, or Brett Favre. If a reporter interviews a fan and they say it, that will count too. The name must be verbally spoken. No crowd chants or the likes.

Also I was just informed that no drinking games using this format will be tolerated due to health concerns.

And I also hope to see Rodgers get nailed but my gut says he will only play a series or two at the most even though he needs the reps. They will wait for an away game to have him play more.

[quote name='BengalInPa' post='685583' date='Aug 8 2008, 12:05 PM']Fvck Brett..... They need to worry about this Monday night Thumpin they got coming, because that Rogers sucks[/quote]

i actually think rogers will do ok, ive always liked him sine he was drafted, it sucks he hasnt had a chance.

hopefully he gets one without being worn out by the favre drama...

I say we set the Over/Under line at 100. It's gonna be just like the Atlanta game last year. 4 hours of Brett Favre conversation with a sprinkling of football. It's definitely drinking game material. But you have to get more creative than drinking every time the announcers mention his name. You will be immobilized by the end of the 1st quarter.

You have to make some rules like every time ESPN mentions Favre's consecutive games played streak/Every time someone is interviewed about Favre on the sideline/Every time highlights of his "retirement" press conference are shown. Of specific game highlights like the Monday Night game after his dad died or Super Bowl 31.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='685598' date='Aug 8 2008, 11:44 AM'][b]i actually think rogers will do ok[/b], ive always liked him sine he was drafted, it sucks he hasnt had a chance.

[b]hopefully he gets one without being worn out by the favre drama...[/b][/quote]
Unless it's against us, right?
:)

[quote name='Bunghole' post='685737' date='Aug 8 2008, 05:22 PM']Unless it's against us, right?
:)[/quote]

ha, we dont play them regular season, so i dont care if he blows us out 70-0 in preseason or not... and if we meet in the superbowl i hope he is too coked up to stand come gametime..

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='685752' date='Aug 8 2008, 05:10 PM']I think it'd be ironic if we injured Rodgers and made the Packers regret getting rid of Brett Favre.

Since we made them grateful to have him back in 1992...[/quote]
It would certainly be a bit of reverse karma. At least I would like to see our line and LB's sack him a couple times, force some errant throws, etc.

Maybe a pick by "hands of stone" Joseph returned for a TD in the Packers first offensive series is in order. It would certainly be a confidence booster for Rodgers going into the season!

[quote name='GoBengals' post='685748' date='Aug 8 2008, 04:59 PM']ha, we dont play them regular season, so [b]i dont care if he blows us out 70-0 in preseason or not[/b]... and if we meet in the superbowl i hope he is too coked up to stand come gametime..[/quote]
Blasphemy!
I want to win, always!

Bragging rights, you know.

"Our players that are soon-to-be-cut are better than your players that are soon-to-be-cut!"

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='685752' date='Aug 8 2008, 05:10 PM']I think it'd be ironic if we injured Rodgers and made the Packers regret getting rid of Brett Favre.

Since we made them grateful to have him back in 1992...[/quote]

its ironic in itself that he got his start against us, and now the first "game" the pack plays without him is also against us.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='685779' date='Aug 8 2008, 06:41 PM']its ironic in itself that he got his start against us, and now the first "game" the pack plays without him is also against us.[/quote]

Damn that's too much ironic and I want some sweet revenge ^_^

Archived