My friend is having problems

I know this is supposed to be Bengals only, but his computer won't play that little Chad Johnson video or similar videos. Is there any drivers or players he needs to download to get it to play? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dale, that video is an animated gif file. If he can not watch it, perhaps he has a very slow telephone line connection. Windows Internet Explorer or Netscape plays gif files. I'm guessing he has a slow telephone line connection.

Guest BengalsOwn

Are you talking about the video in my signature? If so, that's just a .gif file, and windows recognizes .gif files. All of the buttons on this forum are .gif files. Maybe he just needs to reinstall windows.

ive got problems also with watching the vids on bengals.com.... I wish i could watch em but I have a conflict on my pc that wont let realplayer play... I installed it, shut down the firewall, try to play a movie and real player pops up and disappears right away. It worked before I install serv pack 2 for xp. Anyone have any ideas/??? PLEASE????

ive got problems also with watching the vids on bengals.com.... I wish i could watch em but I have a conflict on my pc that wont let realplayer play... I installed it, shut down the firewall, try to play a movie and real player pops up and disappears right away. It worked before I install serv pack 2 for xp. Anyone have any ideas/??? PLEASE????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've had the same thing happen since service pack 2 installed...sucks!

SP2 sucks, pal...All it did was gum up my system, and add a whole lot of extra .exe's to my task list.

You can remove SP2. HOWEVER...Make sure you have your original Windows key code, etc. I was using a (*cough*) borrowed copy, and my system became locked down when I removed it. It basically threw my system back to Square 1.

As far as the .gif problem goes, I think it would be some kind of privacy/security issue that is being influenced by SP2.

Go to Internet Options and play around there...Perhaps in security [custom level], you can fiddle with the settings and see if the .gif plays out.

BZ

Archived