Steelers Week!!!

Let me start off by saying there is no real point to this thread other than I FUCKING HATE THE STEELERS (as im sure many people on this board do.) I honestly think we can beat them because their o-line is not that good and we could put a lot of pressure on Big Jen. Fuck the Steelers and WHODEY!

[b][size="5"]It's Steeler week[/size][/b]
By [url="http://cnati.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt-cp.cgi?__mode=view&blog_id=1&id=2"]C. Trent Rosecrans[/url], CNATI.com Posted September 21, 2009 5:58 PM ET

There will be no talk of blackouts, no resting on laurels and certainly no overlooking this week's opponent -- it's Steeler week for the Bengals.

On Sunday, the defending Super Bowl champions come to Paul Brown Stadium for the first of two meetings with the Bengals.

"From a player's standpoint there's a little extra (energy) there but for the most part you have to stay focused and work as you do for every game," said Bengals running back Cedric Benson. "From a coaches standpoint, they might have a little pressure on them or something but they get riled up."

From a fan's standpoint, it's the biggest game of the year. The Steelers are not only the envy of Bengals fans from an organizational standpoint, they're in the same division, they're close geographically and their fanbase is so large that everyone knows a Steelers fan. And everyone who knows a Steelers fan knows they know a Steelers fan. This is the only Bengals home game that is already sold out. Many of those fans at Paul Brown Stadium will be waving a Terrible Towel and wearing black and gold.

"As I said last week after the Denver game, the fans were outstanding, the crowd was great and we anticipate having another fun afternoon and a great crowd and getting them a win," Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis. "They did a great job, I thought, against Denver. It made a real advantage for us. We hope to have the same advantage this week, so it will be fun. You saw the effects that a crowd has on a team on the road yesterday again for us, as we had the false-start there on the goal line and so forth. So those things are imporatnt. You just have to spend a lot of time preparing for that and being in the right spots and so forth, and you only get eight chances in the regular season to have that to your advantage."

Also to the Bengals advantage is the week's preparation they got from playing the Packers, who have a defense similar to the Steelers' 3-4.

"There are some things that are very similar to what Pittsburgh does that Dom has incorporated into what they're doing, particularly in the third-down stuff and so forth, some of the first- and second-down stuff. So yeah, it's similar," Lewis said. Obviously, (Steelers defensive coordinator) Dick (LeBeau) wrote the book on this now. Dick's done a great job, and these guys have been doing it since '93, the first time we started doing some of this stuff, some of it in '92. So you have the same people in place for a long period of time, and so that makes a little bit difference of the rate of play and so forth and the speed and the tempo."

[url="http://cnati.com/cincinnati-bengals/its-steeler-week-00344/"]http://cnati.com/cincinnati-bengals/its-steeler-week-00344/[/url]

[quote name='El Tigre' date='21 September 2009 - 09:04 PM' timestamp='1253577862' post='806079']
I hate the Steelers more than I hate broccoli. And I *really* hate broccoli.
[/quote]

i could appreciate the fact that you hate the steeler, but broccoli, wtf is wrong with you ?

[quote name='El Tigre' date='21 September 2009 - 08:04 PM' timestamp='1253577862' post='806079']
I hate the Steelers more than I hate broccoli. And I *really* hate broccoli.
[/quote]
Apparently you haven't tried it grilled yet. Broccoli, not Steelers...

Paging Jason!

I'm a season ticket holder but live in CT. Sucks balls since this weekend I can't leave town, and have to get rid of my seats. Def want to make sure these tix end up in fellow Bengal fans hand. My seats are Club 5th row on Bengals side. Obviously with the club you get the exclusive clubhouse rights and perks. If anyone's interested let me know. I'm very reasonable. WHO-DEY!!!!!

Thanks
Steve
tzan28@hotmail.com

i work every single day until the game from here out so i think that may help... and since i havent talked to any co workers about the packers game yet i probably have 2 days of that gossip to get me by.. then i think company is headed to town saturday so only one painful day to get through i think..

[quote name='GoBengals' date='22 September 2009 - 02:57 AM' timestamp='1253599032' post='806138']
i work every single day until the game from here out so i think that may help... and since i havent talked to any co workers about the packers game yet i probably have 2 days of that gossip to get me by.. then i think company is headed to town saturday so only one painful day to get through i think..
[/quote]
Same here. I'm trying to work as much as possible even though I really can't stand my job..

[quote name='Bunghole' date='21 September 2009 - 08:23 PM' timestamp='1253578990' post='806086']
Apparently you haven't tried it grilled yet. Broccoli, not Steelers...

Paging Jason!
[/quote]

:lol:

Yes, grilled stealer, er, broccoli, is mighty tasty.

[b]Pittsburgh at Cincinnati[/b]

PIT 11[sup]TH[/sup] DEF; CIN 20[sup]TH[/sup] OFF

PIT 7[sup]TH[/sup] VS. RUN; CIN 11[sup]TH[/sup] RUN

PIT 20[sup]TH[/sup] VS. PASS; CIN 23[sup]RD[/sup] PASS

PIT 6[sup]TH[/sup] PTS ALLOWED; CIN 19[sup]TH[/sup] PTS

CIN 13[sup]TH[/sup] DEF; PIT 16[sup]TH[/sup] OFF

CIN 11[sup]TH[/sup] VS. RUN; PIT 29[sup]TH[/sup] RUN

CIN 17[sup]TH[/sup] VS. PASS; PIT 7[sup]TH[/sup] PASS

CIN 12[sup]TH[/sup] PTS ALLOWED; PIT 28[sup]TH[/sup] PTS

CIN 26[sup]TH[/sup] TO/TA; PIT 26[sup]TH[/sup] TO/TA

CIN IS 5-1-1 WHEN CEDRIC BENSON GETS 20 CARRIES OR MORE.

CIN HAS LOST 8 STRAIGHT VS. PIT (INCLUDING PLAYOFFS).

CARSON PALMER'S 3 TD PASSES VS. GB IN WEEK 2 WERE AS MANY AS HE THREW IN 4 STARTS IN 2008.

WILLIE PARKER IS AVERAGING 2.4 YARDS PER CARRY. HIS LONG RUN IS 13 YARDS.

ANTWAN ODOM'S 5 SACKS IN WEEK 2 TIED A CIN TEAM RECORD. HE HAS 7 SACKS ON THE YEAR, ONE OFF HIS CAREER-HIGH.

CIN HAS 9 SACKS THIS SEASON; IT NOTCHED 17 ALL OF LAST SEASON.

BEN ROETHLISBERGER IS 11-0 VS. THE NFL'S OHIO FRANCHISES IN HIS CAREER (INCLUDING PLAYOFFS).

[url="http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/09/21/week-three-matchup-tidbits"]http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/09/21/week-three-matchup-tidbits[/url]

[quote name='oldschooler' date='22 September 2009 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1253630031' post='806209']
[b]Pittsburgh at Cincinnati[/b]

PIT 11[sup]TH[/sup] DEF; CIN 20[sup]TH[/sup] OFF

PIT 7[sup]TH[/sup] VS. RUN; CIN 11[sup]TH[/sup] RUN

PIT 20[sup]TH[/sup] VS. PASS; CIN 23[sup]RD[/sup] PASS

PIT 6[sup]TH[/sup] PTS ALLOWED; CIN 19[sup]TH[/sup] PTS

CIN 13[sup]TH[/sup] DEF; PIT 16[sup]TH[/sup] OFF

CIN 11[sup]TH[/sup] VS. RUN; PIT 29[sup]TH[/sup] RUN

CIN 17[sup]TH[/sup] VS. PASS; PIT 7[sup]TH[/sup] PASS

CIN 12[sup]TH[/sup] PTS ALLOWED; PIT 28[sup]TH[/sup] PTS

CIN 26[sup]TH[/sup] TO/TA; PIT 26[sup]TH[/sup] TO/TA

CIN IS 5-1-1 WHEN CEDRIC BENSON GETS 20 CARRIES OR MORE.

CIN HAS LOST 8 STRAIGHT VS. PIT (INCLUDING PLAYOFFS).

CARSON PALMER'S 3 TD PASSES VS. GB IN WEEK 2 WERE AS MANY AS HE THREW IN 4 STARTS IN 2008.

WILLIE PARKER IS AVERAGING 2.4 YARDS PER CARRY. HIS LONG RUN IS 13 YARDS.

ANTWAN ODOM'S 5 SACKS IN WEEK 2 TIED A CIN TEAM RECORD. HE HAS 7 SACKS ON THE YEAR, ONE OFF HIS CAREER-HIGH.

CIN HAS 9 SACKS THIS SEASON; IT NOTCHED 17 ALL OF LAST SEASON.

[b]BEN ROETHLISBERGER IS 11-0 VS. THE NFL'S OHIO FRANCHISES IN HIS CAREER (INCLUDING PLAYOFFS).[/b]

[url="http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/09/21/week-three-matchup-tidbits"]http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/09/21/week-three-matchup-tidbits[/url]
[/quote]

I know that isn't true. Are they talking about in Ohio? Because I know we beat Ben's Steelers at least twice in Pittsburgh

The victory over the Packers is already fading into a pleasant memory, as it rapidly becomes displaced with a burning, passionate anger and hatred for all things colored black and yellow. It's time to give them their comeuppance. Kick them repeatedly in the ribs while they are down. Run them over, put it into reverse and run them over again to be certain.

It also would be great if someone knew somebody that worked at PBS and has access to the Steelers locker room prior to the game. A little itching powder in the jockstrap is in order. Or lye, I don't care.

I think more than anything what I really, really want to see is a late fourth quarter picture of Ben, on the ground and looking confused, with turf in his facemask, helmet slightly sideways from being "Odomed" as the creeping realization that he just threw his 4th pick of the game in a losing effort sinks in. I'll pay good money for a copy of that picture, should said picture be taken.

Archived