8 - 2 (72) J Harrison (CLE-RB)
9 - 7 (87) C Palmer (CIN-QB)
10 - 2 (92) J Maclin (PHI-WR)
11 - 7 (107) V Young (TEN-QB)
12 - 2 (112) J Knox (CHI-WR)
13 - 7 (127) Green Bay (DST)
14 - 2 (132) G Olsen (CHI-TE)
15 - 7 (147) S Janikowski (OAK-K)

Fuck. Autodraft is the suck. I have two running backs. The commish set it to being able to have unlimited players at all positions so therefore I got dicked.

Should I try to get rid of Brees or Rodgers? Should I try to get rid of Charles now that they have Thomas Jones? Should I try to package Jackson, Welker, and Brees for Ray Rice and Ryan Mathews? Should I try to move Percy Harvin now that Farve is moving on? I am fucked unless I make some moves. I have no idea how James Harrison will play out. Johnny Knox should be a monster this year..and I am looking to pick up Mike Williams who is playing well in Tampa.

And it's your standard QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,WR/RB,TE,K,D/ST.

Quick Edit-I have packaged Brees, Harrison, Welker, and Jackson to try to get Ray Rice, Ryan Mathews, and J. Finley. Should I try to throw Jamal Charles in it, instad of Harrison?

get rid of Brees. He'll put up better stats than Rodgers for sure, but what you'll get back should more than offset that. Trade him for Rice and the best WR you can get.

I'd also trade Young for anything you can get.

You're giving up way too much in that trade. Way way too much.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='03 August 2010 - 03:08 PM' timestamp='1280862534' post='902294']
get rid of Brees. He'll put up better stats than Rodgers for sure, but what you'll get back should more than offset that. Trade him for Rice and the best WR you can get.

I'd also trade Young for anything you can get.

You're giving up way too much in that trade. Way way too much.
[/quote]
Actually Roethlisberger is on the waiver wire, and I figured I'd pick him up and drop Young. He averages about 17 more fpg than Young.

Rodgers was rated the top QB and I figured with Brees and the name recognition, I could get some good stuff for him and he will only put up a little better number wise than Brees. I figured I could give up Jackson and Welker and get two good RB's. Maybe I should offer Brees and Jackson for Rice. Keep Welker and Knox and play Percy Harvin in the slot. A buddy might give up Mike Turner..but he was a big bust last year. I could pursue Shonn Greene, who I really wanted, but he is on the commish's team. Or There is a team with Alex Smith, and I could try to get Mendenhall and Andre Johnson/Brandon Marshall for Brees. Maybe I'll let Roethlisburger rot on the waiver wire.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='03 August 2010 - 03:10 PM' timestamp='1280862646' post='902295']
I'd hang onto Harrison. Despite the fact that he plays for the Browns (when he does get playing time, for some reason Mangina never seems to want to play him) he's a very good RB and could be a legit sleeper.
[/quote]
Yeah..I actually pre-ranked him high so I could grab him, but the only thing that worries me is that he doesn't seem to be in favor with Mangina. Dude killed us, then dissappeared until the end of the season. I've also saw that they favor the backup Hardesty? So that makes me nervous..but he was monster at the end of the season.

lol. I sent that trade for Brees and the others and got a counter for Tim Hightower and Matt Cassel for Drew Brees.

Think I'd rather keep him on the bench. I might just throw him away for any starting top-tier running back I can get. This league just sucks.

Archived