Steubenville Rape... NSFW

Numbers

While checking out a few sites I ran across information about the Steubenville rape case. I don't know if it was ever resolved or if anyone was charged. Guessing that there are people on here from Steubenville, I figured there might be a little more insight into what is going on.

[url="http://localleaks.blogs.ru/"]http://localleaks.blogs.ru/[/url]

[quote] On August 27, 2012 two members of the Big Red High School football team in Steubenville, Ohio – USA were arrested and charged with the rape and kidnapping of an out of town 16 year old girl that took place on August 11th. At the time of this gang rape, the girl was intoxicated and unconscious. The victim had been intentionally drugged with a “date rape” intoxicant. She was photographed and video was taken of her in this condition, and there is evidence that she was hauled in a comatose state to multiple parties – and almost certainly raped by more members of the local high school football team than just the two players who currently stand charged. There is even evidence that she was urinated upon during this hideous assault.[/quote]

Included on the above site are tweets and facebook info from various people. Not so sure as has been reported elsewhere that it is possible to get a fair trial with the amount of media surrounding this incident. What's even more inflamatory is a statement made by one of the caoches of the football team.

[url="http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/01/03/1176096/-The-Steubenville-Gang-Rape-A-Timeline"]http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/01/03/1176096/-The-Steubenville-Gang-Rape-A-Timeline[/url]#

[quote] “The rape was just an excuse, I think. What else are you going to tell your parents when you come home drunk like that and after a night like that? She had to make up something. Now people are trying to blow up our football program because of it.” The sheriff involved with the case stated to a new crew that witnessing the crime but not reporting it was not illegal. This is false. Failing to report a crime is, itself, a crime.[/quote]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1oahqCzwcY[/media]

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1357337150' post='1203432']
They can be glad it wasn't my daughter. I would have borrowed Bung's AR and done sum huntin'.
[/quote]

Heh. I don't own one yet, for a lack of funds. As to the video....absolutely disgusting behavior. I cannot imagine one of my sons growing up to be so callous, cruel and uncaring about a drugged girl being kidnapped, raped and urinated on. I hope these assholes get what's coming to them.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1357349745' post='1203492']
When I first saw the video, knowing nothing about the kid or the rape or anything I actually felt kind of bad for him. To me it just seemed like a drunk awkward kid with really low self esteem trying to fit in and say crazy things that he wouldn't even remember in the morning. College and HS are full of drunk stupid nights where we all said and did stupid things. Glad there were not cell phone cameras around 15 years ago. Then you start reading about the entire case in detail and realize how disgusting and violent the attack was, that it was planned with ridiculous detail, this kid was a key player and there has been a systematic cover up. It's a nearly unbelievable story.
[/quote]

I guess we should try and remain unbiased but that is very difficult to do. Children (teenagers and below) assaulting other children in this manner, if proven true, should be punished as adults. If it is proven that the victim has lied then she should be punished to the extent that someone guilty of rape would have been punished.

Michael Weston: Yes, this incident smacks of a Lifetime TV movie script.

[quote name='Numbers' timestamp='1357351099' post='1203506']
I guess we should try and remain unbiased but that is very difficult to do. Children (teenagers and below) assaulting other children in this manner, if proven true, should be punished as adults. If it is proven that the victim has lied then she should be punished to the extent that someone guilty of rape would have been punished.

[/quote]

I took that down because I thought it read as if I was connecting with the attackers and it wasn't what I meant. I just meant that it seemed so innocent right away...drunk kid being an idiot. Then you peel back the layers and its a saw movie.

[quote name='Numbers' timestamp='1357351099' post='1203506']

[/quote]

But it isn't "children assaulting children", is it? The girl is a child, a minor by law...are these d-bag football players also "children"? Some of them are at least 18 and ALL of them should know better than to participate in something so vile and wrong.

Unfortunately, if you read the entire LocalLeaks, they seem pretty confident that this is just one of many encounters and these guys refer to themselves as the "Rape Crew". How unbelievably sad to know that this is what mankind is coming too. Hopefully with this LocalLeaks putting out a lot of information, it will put some outside pressure for someone with more power to step in and take action. Seems like we saw this same thing happen with a certain untouchable NFL QB. People just assume that the girl is "asking" for it, which is just so absurd and speaks volumes to how little respect certain groups of men give women. I will say that this younger group going through high school now seem to have taken respect for women to a new low. They seem to think it is a game to see how far they can degrade a woman. It also seems like women have far less self-respect, which may stem from the garbage they deal with from this teenagers.

Regardless, I hope that the "Rape Crew" get the justice they deserve..

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1357358388' post='1203543']
But it isn't "children assaulting children", is it? The girl is a child, a minor by law...are these d-bag football players also "children"? Some of them are at least 18 and ALL of them should know better than to participate in something so vile and wrong.
[/quote]

I guess it would depend on the definition of child. Was not aware any of them were 18 years old at the time of the incident (did not see an age listing). I graduated from HS at 17 and was already serving in the military before I turned 18. Later, received my degree when I was much older. I did not see how old these individuals were but assumed most were 17 and younger high school students. Yes, all of them should know better. Alcohol supplied parties are usually funded and supplied by someone 21 years or older.

After trying to figure out what makes a child an adult in the legal sense of the word, it varies between 16-21 depending upon what area you are in and what legal actions are being performed. However, in Ohio, according to [url="https://www.ohiobar.org/ForPublic/Resources/LawYouCanUse/Pages/LawYouCanUse-380.aspx"]https://www.ohiobar.org/ForPublic/Resources/LawYouCanUse/Pages/LawYouCanUse-380.aspx[/url]

[quote]A child, defined as a person under age 18, can be tried as an adult only if the child was age 14 or older at the time of the offense. Nearly all such cases begin in juvenile court with a felony charge. The court must conduct hearings and make certain determinations before the child can be transferred to another court for trial. The process is sometimes referred to as bindover, transfer, waiver, or relinquishment proceedings. In some cases, the child must be tried as an adult. In others, the child can be tried as an adult only if the court orders it. [/quote]

sounds like 30% of the kids i went to high school with...football coach too... smalltown fucks living in their own reality. which they never leave, so there is never a reality check, theyll marry and beat their high school sweetheart, no one will move more than 8 miles from the high school, an raise a mirror image of themselves to do the same thing over again..

its strange how some crimes people commit, i can sympathize with, understand how it came to that or how they got into such a situation, then others i see no reasoning or solution other than to line them up and put a bullet in their head and beat their parents with a fucking bat..

PS: one kid i went to school with broke into an elderly womans house pretending to be her grandson, raped and beat her, and took her money...

the school should have fired the coach immediately after stating that.. but i will assume everyone in charge is just as useless of a human being...

There are kids being stupid kids, then there is something like this. I can't believe they are so sick to do something like this, but to record it and brag about it.. unreal. I mean to call themselves the "Rape Crew"... jesus christ....
They should burn that fucking place down.. The players, the coaches anyone who know about this shit should go to prison....
The dude in the video that thought he was so funny, is just sickening....

Archived