<b>*** DAY 1 & 2 IN JACKSONVILLE REPORT</b>

GoBengals

well, we arrive at the airport, fine and dandy, lived through both flights, all is good..

we go to the gate to get our bags, after 400 hours of waiting, i say "fuck this lets go grab the rental car until these start coming out" so we go find the car desk, and as soon as we get far away from the baggage belt, BOOM they start coming, bastards, and the people swarm to the belt, so we go ahead and go to the counter, pull up the reservation.. go through it all, 5 days, $93, great deal... "oh and your total is $212.34" "WTF!" "yes sir, since your not 25 yet there is a $25 a day fee for being only 24" MOTHERFUCKER...

so i say "fuck that ew can take cabs cheaper than that" and go grab our bags..

now counting on having wheels i booked a slum hotel near the airport, $49/night, so we get there, they charge me and we go to the room..

[img]http://images.go-bengals.com/hell1.jpg[/img]

realise we cant go anywhere without it costing a million dollars, and since there is a waffle house and a few gas stations and THATS IT.. we are miserable, no shampoo in room, like 1 towel and the place is nasty, nothing but nasty bastards walking around asking for drugs and strange people with dirty whores in thier cars, etc... so i say fuck this lets get a hotel elsewhere, tried to get into the hyatt but cant afford it so we find a joint out near jax beach, anywhere but the rathole we were in..

i mean it was hard to pass up these beautifull landscapes.. but we did..

[img]http://images.go-bengals.com/hell2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://images.go-bengals.com/hell3.jpg[/img]

we are now lodged in a comfort inn... more stories of day 2 in another thread...

screw the country hearth inn!!!!!!

it also took 1 hour and 34 minutes to get a cab from there, and they tried to not give me a refund for leaving early stating "no refunds" then i said "ok i will just call my bank and have them refund it all..." as i walked out the door, them being foriegn beleives me, and gave me the refund...

bastards!

ALSO the "free wireless internet" was one netgear router in the LOBBY, i was 6 doors from the lobby and got 1 bar of wifi IF i sat near the window...

i amd sittin on 5 full bars here at the comfort inn...

:headbang:

Guest schotzee
[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Oct 8 2005, 04:11 AM']One of you rich bastards staying at the Hyatt needs to make some room for Go and Nasty.
[right][post="164765"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Good idea Backer. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]
Sorry to see it start out so
shitty for you guys.It will
be worth the sacrifice though.
Keep safe
Who-Dey all

Guest oldschooler

That sucks...
But the way you explain it and stuff makes it hilarious ! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

I`m sure things are only going to get better for you... :thumbsup:

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='GoBengals' date='Oct 8 2005, 05:07 AM']well, we arrive at the airport, fine and dandy, lived through both flights, all is good..

we go to the gate to get our bags, after 400 hours of waiting, i say "fuck this lets go grab the rental car until these start coming out"  so we go find the car desk, and as soon as we get far away from the baggage belt, BOOM they start coming, bastards, and the people swarm to the belt, so we go ahead and go to the counter, pull up the reservation.. go through it all, 5 days, $93, great deal... "oh and your total is $212.34"  "WTF!"  "yes sir, since your not 25 yet there is a $25 a day fee for being only 24"    MOTHERFUCKER...[/quote]

who on earth are you renting a car from? I just rented a car (I'm 24) and I'm only paying a $50 "under 25" fee for a 6 day trip through Enterprise.

Its funny how a car company rents to a person younger than 25 and adds a charge
Maybe someone should tell them that the pleasure you get from beating the shit out of a rental car ... has nothing to do with age

Ive participated in flying contests at one particular RR crossing in Pensacola that my kids still laugh about..
by the way, a Pontiac Grand Prix handles like shit with all four wheels off the ground...
I cant remember if i mentioned that to Alamo .. or not

Guest schotzee
[quote name='knomage' date='Oct 8 2005, 12:37 PM']

Its funny how a car company rents to a person younger than 25 and adds a charge
Maybe someone should tell them that the pleasure you get from beating the shit out of a rental car ... has nothing to do with age

Ain't that the truth. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='Oct 8 2005, 10:41 AM']who on earth are you renting a car from?  I just rented a car (I'm 24) and I'm only paying a $50 "under 25" fee for a 6 day trip through Enterprise.
[right][post="164813"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

im assuming your rental local to home, i can do the same thing in ohio, major vacation spots have the luzury of ass raping you, "hey you just got off a plane there is nothing within 30 miles of this airport and you cant walk anywhere, a taxi will cost you $50...we are gonna fuck you in the ass on these prices"

they know you dont have much choice, and pray on that..

[quote name='knomage' date='Oct 8 2005, 12:37 PM']Its funny how a car company rents to a person younger than 25 and adds a charge 
  Maybe someone should tell them that the pleasure you get from beating the shit out of a rental car ...  has nothing to do with age

Ive participated in flying contests at one particular RR crossing in Pensacola that my kids still laugh about.. 
by the way,  a Pontiac Grand Prix handles like shit with all four wheels off the ground...
  I cant remember if i mentioned that to Alamo  ..  or not
[right][post="164856"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

hahahaha, yea, i had loaner/rentals for getting work done when people crashed into me when i was younger... MAN i fucked those cars up.. funny thing is, i didnt want to pay for the insurance this time so i would have been good with the car... bastards..

For anyone interested in Jacksonville, I am at the Hyatt now, I just rented a car for the day. All they had was a big ass ford expedition, so thats what i have. Right now, I'm going down to get something to eat real quick. A little later we are going to drive into St. Augustine. There is huge amount of cool shit to do there. We are going to see the Ripleys Believe it or Not museum and also to go on that ghost tour that they had on the travel and discovery channels, starts at like 9:30 pm. If anyone wants to go down to St. Augustine, I can hook you up with a ride (especially if you want to throw in like $5 for gas :D ). So if interested call the cell if you know it, or shoot me a PM. I don't really mind driving a little to pick someone up. Just know we will be there until the 9:30 ghost tour ends. You are welcome to come and do whatever the fuck you want, chill with us, go look around town on your own, just know we will probably stay until right after that tour. There is a lot of shit to do there, so whatever, just doing a Go-Bengals.com civil service.

[quote name='jza10304' date='Oct 8 2005, 01:28 PM']Did BJ and I forget to mention that you can't complain about the public transportation in FL because there isn't any.  W/O a car you are fucked.  Bastards.
[right][post="164880"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

i noticed this...

thats bullshit...

Guest BlackJesus

[quote]Did BJ and I forget to mention that you can't complain about the public transportation in FL because there isn't any. W/O a car you are fucked. Bastards.[/quote]

[b]Ah Welcome to the land of Fuhrer Jeb Fuckers :pointlaff: [/b]

;)

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='GoBengals' date='Oct 8 2005, 02:00 PM']im assuming your rental local to home, i can do the same thing in ohio, major vacation spots have the luzury of ass raping you, "hey you just got off a plane there is nothing within 30 miles of this airport and you cant walk anywhere, a taxi will cost you $50...we are gonna fuck you in the ass on these prices"

they know you dont have much choice, and pray on that..
hahahaha, yea, i had loaner/rentals for getting work done when people crashed into me when i was younger... MAN i fucked those cars up..  funny thing is, i didnt want to pay for the insurance this time so i would have been good with the car... bastards..
[right][post="164864"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

yea I rented from close to home, but the "under 25" fee had nothing to do with where I lived or where I'm going. I told them after they put on the fee where I lived, and they didn't even ask where I was going.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='Oct 8 2005, 01:50 PM']yea I rented from close to home, but the "under 25" fee had nothing to do with where I lived or where I'm going.  I told them after they put on the fee where I lived, and they didn't even ask where I was going.
[right][post="164892"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

no no, not that it was close to your home, i meant ohio in general, not a big vacation spot, since im at the jax airport, they know im fucked if i dont rent thier car.... so they charge what they want.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='Oct 8 2005, 02:08 PM']gotcha.  Dude, you're in Florida, get off here and go have some fun! :)
[right][post="164902"][/post][/right][/quote]

the creechnasty is still sleeping, hell i just woke up around 1pm myself.. up till 4 am last night... and waffle house is delicious...

[quote name='BengalSIS' date='Oct 8 2005, 02:09 PM']When I was 24....I'm 31 now, they wouldn't even LET me rent a car.  I had 8 years driving experience already and not even 1 ticket.

Bastards.
[right][post="164903"][/post][/right][/quote]

bullshit isnt it?

those bastards...

We made it in at about 5:45 AM after driving all nite. What a long ass drive!!! But I layed down for a while, then met my cousin for lunch and when I returned, my friends and hosts are all at Mcdonalds (I went to Fridays). What a gorgeous day out! We are grilling out later and am not sure what our plans are for tomorrow.
Fans here I've talked to are not very confident the Jags will do well against us!!! Who-Dey!!!!
Is there a parking lot you all will be tallgating in tomorrow?

Archived