Hey Southern Steeler

Jason

[quote name='Southern Steeler' post='171091' date='Oct 16 2005, 05:40 PM']I'm frankly stunned we even got it to overtime with our sad QB play. Minus Ward, too.

That was a winnable game, and Maddox blew a goat out there.

Ben will be back for next week. Should be a good one[/quote]

Im looking forward to the "Rumble in the Jungle"!!!!!!!!

(By the way even if we do lose, which Im not expecting at our house, were still in 1st. :pointlaff: )

Yes, you will still be in first........but you'll also know that when we are "full strength" that it is a different story.

I'm not going to make excuses. Just watch the highlights and see just how bad Maddox was. Consider that we were -3 in turnovers and still took it to overtime (and should have won it after Quincy Morgan's kickoff return)

All in all, I think we performed well IN SPITE of our QB play. Just goes to show how valuable Ben is to us.

[quote name='Southern Steeler' post='171091' date='Oct 16 2005, 05:40 PM']I'm frankly stunned we even got it to overtime with our sad QB play. Minus Ward, too.

Bring 'em on! Who dey!

PS: You suck! Go to hell!

[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='171191' date='Oct 16 2005, 06:55 PM'][quote name='Southern Steeler' post='171091' date='Oct 16 2005, 05:40 PM']
I'm frankly stunned we even got it to overtime with our sad QB play. Minus Ward, too.

Bring 'em on! Who dey!

PS: You suck! Go to hell!
[/quote]

:lol: :lol:

[quote name='Southern Steeler' post='171109' date='Oct 16 2005, 05:47 PM']Just goes to show how valuable Ben is to us.[/quote]

On the contrary. I think if anything it just reinforced how average Ben is. I mean look at that game. Maddox played about as horrible as any QB on the face of the Earth could play and you still made it to overtime and only lost by 3 to a team like Jacksonville in Jacksonville. In my opinion that just demonstrates how talented the rest of the team is, and how average Ben is.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='171237' date='Oct 16 2005, 08:12 PM'][quote name='Southern Steeler' post='171109' date='Oct 16 2005, 05:47 PM']
Just goes to show how valuable Ben is to us.[/quote]

On the contrary. I think if anything it just reinforced how average Ben is. I mean look at that game. Maddox played about as horrible as any QB on the face of the Earth could play and you still made it to overtime and only lost by 3 to a team like Jacksonville in Jacksonville. In my opinion that just demonstrates how talented the rest of the team is, and how average Ben is.
[/quote]
The game was in Pittsburgh.

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='171208' date='Oct 16 2005, 05:19 PM']Can't wait till next sunday. Gonna be the best game yet. Hey South you comin down? :254: [/quote]

No.....can't make it this year. I went to the game @Cincy last year. If I knew then what I know now, I'd have just waited a year.

And as far as proving that this makes Ben average........dude, you need to lay off the pipe. With Ben and Hines in there we win this game easily. The fact that we hung around despite a QB who was personally responsible for 4 turnovers is a testament to how strong the team is as a whole. Ben is the leader of that team now and it was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt today.

No excuses, though....we still had our chances. A missed FG in regulation and a putrid series after the long KO return to start overtime were just the glaring chances. The good thing in most of our nibds, though, is that this type of game is few and far between as long as Ben is healthy. If he goes down, our season is lost.

This is hilarious. You've made excuses in every post in this thread, followed up by a "no excuses" disclaimer. Make up your mind. Do they have an excuse or not? Should the NFL add a *-Not Full Strength in your loss column. And base play-off eligibility on that. Face it. Your team wasn't deep enough to get it done yesterday. Just like the Bengals weren't last year.

My point in saying that is that I'm not going to sit here and cry about it because I fully understand that the outcome would have been different had those players been in there.

Injuries and missed games happen in the NFL. We're fortunate Ben wasn't hurt worse. We gave our best shot against a good team with a subpar QB. It's our fault for carrying the subpar QB. That's what I mean by no excuses

[quote name='Tiger Stripes' post='171597' date='Oct 17 2005, 10:34 AM']yeah and if we would've had housh, madieu, and our two starting centers we would've whooped jax's ass also.

excuses are like assholes, everybodys got one. :ninja: [/quote]

and no fred taylor would have helped too...

Honestly, Southern Steeler acts like his B squad was out there beating the best jags team they could put together, they didnt have their best Pro Bowl RB, and threw a stupid INT on the last drive when they could have just kicked a FG...the steelers were lucky to be within 3 tds of this team....

The bengals were missing TJ, Madieu, and Braham, their best possesion WR that helps Chad get open, what some people say the best defender we have, and our Center which is the most important part of the Oline and still should have won the game....

We can all make excuses Southern Steeler, if anything out of the Jax losses for both teams it shows that neither team is invincible. But to say that if the steelers had Ben and Hines they would have killed them is a moot point because then the jags can be like well if we had fred taylor, or the bengals could be like if we had bla bla bla....

The rumble in the jungle will prove who is the better team in the AFC north, and sorry southern steeler, but it wont be you with or without Hines and Ben....i hope they play so after we beat you guys you dont have lame excuses(even though you will probably make up some other excuses like the refs sucked or you didnt have a 100% healthy ben)

ps you suck and go to hell with the rest of your steeler fans, you guys arent wanted on this earth...as big ben would say about certain teams fans "the world would be a lot better place without steelers fans"

PS. Look at what some of your other fellow steelers fans post, everyone here respects their opinions and are able to talk football with them in a good way, but all you do is talk shit and dont even back your shit up. The bengals fans respect steelers fans for the most part when they say stuff such as in the Bengals forum the guy that posted "You guys are for real", we respect guys like that. No one here respects you because all you do is talk shit and never admit when you are wrong or just plain being a dumbass...so in conclusion, fuck off

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='171775' date='Oct 17 2005, 06:10 PM']PS. Look at what some of your other fellow steelers fans post, everyone here respects their opinions and are able to talk football with them in a good way, [b]but all you do is talk shit [/b]and dont even back your shit up. The bengals fans respect steelers fans for the most part when they say stuff such as in the Bengals forum the guy that posted "You guys are for real", we respect guys like that. No one here respects you because all you do is talk shit and never admit when you are wrong or just plain being a dumbass...so in conclusion, fuck off[/quote]

And thus are told to Go to hell!

You know, if you wouldn't have tried to excuse Jacksonville fans' behavior for what they did to the woman with cancer, I would have no problem with you at all, even with the shit talking. But you did excuse their behavior so ..........................GO TO HELL!

[quote name='CP1' post='171805' date='Oct 17 2005, 04:20 PM']And thus are told to Go to hell!

You know, if you wouldn't have tried to excuse Jacksonville fans' behavior for what they did to the woman with cancer, I would have no problem with you at all, even with the shit talking. But you did excuse their behavior so ..........................GO TO HELL![/quote]

NO....I didn't. I had no idea what that discussion was about. I was just trying to get a rise out of you guys. Obviously, it worked.

And to this other guy...CJRuddi......I do NOT only talk shit. Apparently you don't read every thread. I gave you guys props after the Jax game in saying that you were better than I thought. Don't pick and choose what you want to read, dipshit

[quote name='Southern Steeler' post='171883' date='Oct 17 2005, 09:06 PM'][quote name='CP1' post='171805' date='Oct 17 2005, 04:20 PM']

And thus are told to Go to hell!

You know, if you wouldn't have tried to excuse Jacksonville fans' behavior for what they did to the woman with cancer, I would have no problem with you at all, even with the shit talking. But you did excuse their behavior so ..........................GO TO HELL![/quote]

[b]NO....I didn't. I had no idea what that discussion was about. I was just trying to get a rise out of you guys. Obviously, it worked.[/b]

And to this other guy...CJRuddi......I do NOT only talk shit. Apparently you don't read every thread. I gave you guys props after the Jax game in saying that you were better than I thought. Don't pick and choose what you want to read, dipshit
[/quote]

Of course it worked, God's sake man the woman had cancer and was punched in the breast which COULD have cost her life, but it's ok, since you didn't read the thread and just wanted to get a rise out of us [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]

You my good sir, showed YOUR intelligence in doing that!

BTW, Go To HELL!

Archived