Steelernation

Jamie_B

[quote name='Idioteque' post='172250' date='Oct 18 2005, 11:33 AM'][quote name='jed0720' post='172249' date='Oct 18 2005, 11:31 AM']
[quote name='Idioteque' post='172243' date='Oct 18 2005, 11:23 AM']
[quote name='Nati Ice' post='172239' date='Oct 18 2005, 11:14 AM']
[quote name='Idioteque' post='172236' date='Oct 18 2005, 11:08 AM']
[quote name='Jophis' post='172051' date='Oct 17 2005, 11:29 PM']
[quote name='Idioteque' post='171776' date='Oct 17 2005, 03:41 PM']
[quote name='Palmerforpresident9' post='171763' date='Oct 17 2005, 04:29 PM']
Do you SERIOUSLY want to run down who has played whom?

yah...i want you to list every game in the nfl the final score...what you think the score should have been...why tommy maddox will lose the game for you this week when ben cant play because he knee is still fucked up...i want also a complete run down on why the steelers look like piss...ok come back when your done! :) [/quote]

LOL....... we just played the Jags WITHOUT our 2 best players. And lost in overtime, due to our backup QB.

[b]What, pray tell, would have happened if you guys played the Jags WITHOUT Palmer and Chad?[/b] My guess would be something like 33-7 Jaggies-.

Ben will be ready to go, he was dressed and ready this past week.
[/quote]

Comparing Worthlessbooger and Cry Baby to Palmer and Chad would be blasphemous if not so hilarious :crazy:

BTW, quit making excuses for losing games.

:ninja:
[/quote]

The funniest thing, is that you're dead serious.

Ben: 17-2
Palmer: 11-8 (including 5-1 vs. the absolute dregs of the NFL)

Palmer is a fine QB, but has proven ZERO. Nothing. Nada. Ben has proven he can win in this league.

The Chad/Hines debate is just too funny to even mention.
[/quote]

Fuck that shit... what has Ben proven... that he can handoff like no other, or that he folds under any real pressure?
[/quote]

Highest passer rating in the game.

When he throws, he's near-perfect.

Did you bother watching the San Diego game?
[/quote]
Uhhh, out of Ben's four games this year - San Diego was only the third highest QB rating for Ben

Are we talking completion % - let's see. Ben is 60.5, Carson is 72.6

Where Ben get Carson in the QB rating is no INT (Carson has 2) and the YPA - Ben is 10.62 and Carson is 7.99.
[/quote]

The Charger game was an example of the Steelers having no running game and a porous defense - and Ben pulling us to victory. Well, Ben and Hines, that is.
[/quote]

Ah is this the moving of the chess pieces in place so that if ward is out (which looks like he may be) you have your "excuse"?

[quote name='Idioteque' post='172250' date='Oct 18 2005, 11:33 AM'][quote name='jed0720' post='172249' date='Oct 18 2005, 11:31 AM']

yah...i want you to list every game in the nfl the final score...what you think the score should have been...why tommy maddox will lose the game for you this week when ben cant play because he knee is still fucked up...i want also a complete run down on why the steelers look like piss...ok come back when your done! :) [/quote]

LOL....... we just played the Jags WITHOUT our 2 best players. And lost in overtime, due to our backup QB.

[b]What, pray tell, would have happened if you guys played the Jags WITHOUT Palmer and Chad?[/b] My guess would be something like 33-7 Jaggies-.

[/quote]

Comparing Worthlessbooger and Cry Baby to Palmer and Chad would be blasphemous if not so hilarious :crazy:

[/quote]

Palmer is a fine QB, but has proven ZERO. Nothing. Nada. Ben has proven he can win in this league.

[/quote]

Fuck that shit... what has Ben proven... that he can handoff like no other, or that he folds under any real pressure?
[/quote]

[/quote]
Uhhh, out of Ben's four games this year - San Diego was only the third highest QB rating for Ben

Where Ben get Carson in the QB rating is no INT (Carson has 2) and the YPA - Ben is 10.62 and Carson is 7.99.
[/quote]

The Charger game was an example of the Steelers having no running game and a porous defense - and Ben pulling us to victory. Well, Ben and Hines, that is.
[/quote]
Pittsburgh only scored 10 pts in the 2nd half - all in the 4th QTR

When they scored their TD - Ben did it all passing 3 times for 65 yds

When they scored the game winning FG - Bettis rushed for 21 yds, Ben threw for 19 yds.

So there was quite a bit of running in there....

Ben was 17-26 225yds 1 TD. Good for the Pittsburgh system - but not awe inspiring....

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

dude... who the fuck (besides yourself) do you think your kidding... in the SD game ben had 26 attempts, 17 completions, 65.4 completion %, 225 yards, and a touchdown

[b]fuckin carson has [i]AVERAGED[/i] [u]33[/u] attempts, [u]24[/u] completions, [u]72.6[/u] completion %, more than [u]262[/u] yards, and more than [u]2[/u] td's game over the ENTIRE season[/b]

so your trying to tell me that because ragless had one game where he actually threw the ball more than a couple of times, and yet still had worse stats than what carson AVERAGES, then by your logic this proves ragless is far superior?

am i missing something here, or should i just go ahead and laugh my ass off at that comparison :unsure: :pointlaff:

Guest bengalrick
[i]The funniest thing, is that you're dead serious.

The Chad/Hines debate is just too funny to even mention.[/i] - from dipshit steelers fan: Idioteque

if carson was on the steelers, the steelers would be a much better team... if ben was on the bengals, the bengals wouldn't be as good they are...

to me, my logic points to carson being a MUCH better qb...

and ben does have a nice qb rating... hopefully he can keep the attempts up so he will have enough at the end of the year, for him to be considered tops on that rating... that is, until he throws an int and his qb rating drops like a rock...

ben is good, carson is great... anyone w/ two eyes can tell that...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='172278' date='Oct 18 2005, 12:11 PM'][i]The funniest thing, is that you're dead serious.

The Chad/Hines debate is just too funny to even mention.[/i] - from dipshit steelers fan: Idioteque

if carson was on the steelers, the steelers would be a much better team... if ben was on the bengals, the bengals wouldn't be as good they are...

to me, my logic points to carson being a MUCH better qb...

and ben does have a nice qb rating... hopefully he can keep the attempts up so he will have enough at the end of the year, for him to be considered tops on that rating... that is, until he throws an int and his qb rating drops like a rock...

ben is good, carson is great... anyone w/ two eyes can tell that...[/quote]

So, Ben is 17-2.....he lost when it really counted.

I think the Bengals sacked him 7 times last year when you played in Cincy. Expect more, and Palmer has not thrown a game killing INT like he was prone to at the beginning of last year.

It will be a close game, but the Bengals will be on top at the end.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='172264' date='Oct 18 2005, 11:50 AM'][quote name='Idioteque' post='172250' date='Oct 18 2005, 11:33 AM']
[quote name='jed0720' post='172249' date='Oct 18 2005, 11:31 AM']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

dude... who the fuck (besides yourself) do you think your kidding... in the SD game ben had 26 attempts, 17 completions, 65.4 completion %, 225 yards, and a touchdown

[b]fuckin carson has [i]AVERAGED[/i] [u]33[/u] attempts, [u]24[/u] completions, [u]72.6[/u] completion %, more than [u]262[/u] yards, and more than [u]2[/u] td's game over the ENTIRE season[/b]

so your trying to tell me that because ragless had one game where he actually threw the ball more than a couple of times, and yet still had worse stats than what carson AVERAGES, then by your logic this proves ragless is far superior?

am i missing something here, or should i just go ahead and laugh my ass off at that comparison :unsure: :pointlaff:
[/quote]

That may be because you pass the ball more.

You know exactly what I mean, dude. Go check on the actual rushing numbers - we ran for under 100 yards. Check Ben's 3rd down statistics. I know, in Bengalsland, the only stats that matter are attempts and yards, but I tend to lean toward passer rating, completion %, and INTs - all stats in which Ben leads Palmer (some by a wide margin).

Just remember - we all saw what happened this past Sunday with no Big Ben in the lineup. We also saw Maddox take that same team to a 6-10 record in 2003. Tell yourself Ben's a "system QB" all you want, but by that definition, so is Tom Brady, and he's OK, I guess.

Don't get me wrong, I'm quite impressed with Palmer. He looks completely adapted by now. But taking off the Bengal glasses, there's no way you could seriously want him over Ben. Palmer still relies on picture-perfect blocking and a phenomenal WR corps to survive; remind me, if you will, of Jon Kitna's passer rating with that supporting cast in 2003?

[quote]That may be because you pass the ball more.

You know exactly what I mean, dude. Go check on the actual rushing numbers - we ran for under 100 yards. Check Ben's 3rd down statistics. I know, in Bengalsland, the only stats that matter are attempts and yards, but I tend to lean toward passer rating, completion %, and INTs - all stats in which Ben leads Palmer (some by a wide margin).

Just remember - we all saw what happened this past Sunday with no Big Ben in the lineup. We also saw Maddox take that same team to a 6-10 record in 2003. Tell yourself Ben's a "system QB" all you want, but by that definition, so is Tom Brady, and he's OK, I guess.

Don't get me wrong, I'm quite impressed with Palmer. He looks completely adapted by now. But taking off the Bengal glasses, there's no way you could seriously want him over Ben. Palmer still relies on picture-perfect blocking and a phenomenal WR corps to survive; remind me, if you will, of Jon Kitna's passer rating with that supporting cast in 2003?[/quote]

You just dont get it do you? Your getting complaments on your D and Running game. The compairson of Palmer and Ben cant really be truly done because Neither team is comparable. The Steelers win with a good running game and good defence (Not that Ben isnt a part of the equation but thats not how your known for winning). The Bengals win with a ballanced O and an opptunistic D. It's just not the same.

What I "get" is that Ben is not the keep-the-ball-out-of-his-hands system QB that many like to paint him as.

My post was to point out that, in a big road game on MNF against a great team, when we had little production on the ground, Ben absolutely shined. 17/26 with 2 scores.

Throw in the Tommy Maddox Show we saw Sunday, and it's clear how valuable Ben is.

[quote name='Idioteque' post='172454' date='Oct 18 2005, 04:57 PM']What I "get" is that Ben is not the keep-the-ball-out-of-his-hands system QB that many like to paint him as.

My post was to point out that, in a big road game on MNF against a great team, when we had little production on the ground, Ben absolutely shined. 17/26 with 2 scores.

Throw in the Tommy Maddox Show we saw Sunday, and it's clear how valuable Ben is.[/quote]

You honestly believe the Chargers 2ndary is as good as the Bengals? Come on.

Edit: Here is the anwser.... it's not.

[url="http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-PASSING/2005/regular?sort_col_1=8"]http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-...ar?sort_col_1=8[/url]

[quote name='Idioteque' post='172437' date='Oct 18 2005, 04:23 PM'][quote name='Nati Ice' post='172264' date='Oct 18 2005, 11:50 AM']
[quote name='Idioteque' post='172250' date='Oct 18 2005, 11:33 AM']
[quote name='jed0720' post='172249' date='Oct 18 2005, 11:31 AM']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That may be because you pass the ball more.

You know exactly what I mean, dude. Go check on the actual rushing numbers - we ran for under 100 yards. Check Ben's 3rd down statistics. I know, in Bengalsland, the only stats that matter are attempts and yards, but [u]I tend to lean toward passer rating, completion %, and INTs - all stats in which Ben leads Palmer (some by a wide margin).[/u]

Don't get me wrong, I'm quite impressed with Palmer. He looks completely adapted by now. But taking off the Bengal glasses, there's no way you could seriously want him over Ben. Palmer still relies on picture-perfect blocking and a phenomenal WR corps to survive; remind me, if you will, of Jon Kitna's passer rating with that supporting cast in 2003?
[/quote]
:blink: you really are a moron, arnt you...

ben has completed 60.5% of his passes, while carson has completed 72.6%, all while throwing for much more than twice the amount of mr handoffs, so please explain for me, using that piss-stained logic, how 60.5 > 72.6

bens passer rating is 123.8 while carsons is 113.6, carson is also headed into his 10th straight game with a passer rating of over 100 (a new nfl record), and again, this is all while throwing more than twice the amount of passes that ben has... so yea, the difference in average is negligible so id much rather take palmers ability to consistently throw for over a 100 qb rating any day of the week

carson has 2 interceptions... benny has none, as well as only 44% of the amount of attempts, the difference is far from a wide margin and check back with me after ben gets as many attempts as carson, the numbers will be more comparable, and then well talk...

seriously, what is so hard to understand... even if you base your decision off of the skewed stats that you suggest, id still prefer carson over ben

Guest BruchDawg

[quote name='Beaker' post='171920' date='Oct 17 2005, 09:05 PM'][quote name='clinton' post='171899' date='Oct 18 2005, 12:18 AM']
who are you guys again? Oh thats right, just another pretender whose stadium WE fill...[/quote]

Go fill our stadium...I'll be at your house filling your wife. That way we can fuck your wife and your team on the same day. And when you get home after the long, shameful ride...tell me how I taste after you kiss her.
[/quote]

Beaker, we've talked about this before. Your better then this. C'mon dude, that is without class. I expect better from you, and you should expect better of yourself. :fing03:

I know they are Steeler fans, but really........rise above my man! :headbang:

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Idioteque' post='172499' date='Oct 18 2005, 06:31 PM']Can you list the defenses you've faced this year, please?

And, as a fun little twist - try to respond WITHOUT mentioning the Steelers. I'd like to hear an actual response.[/quote]

[url="http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-SCORING/2005/regular"]click here[/url]
cleveland browns: 11th in scoring
minnesota vikings: 27th
chicago bears: 3rd
houston texans: 29th
jacksonville jaguars: 7th
tennessee titans: 25th

we've played some shitty teams on defense, a decent team on defense w/ the browns, and 2 VERY GOOD defenses in chicago and the jags...

and palmers numbers have always looked very good: [url="http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396173/gamelogs/2005"]click here[/url]

@ Cle: 26 out of 34 (76.5%), 280 yards, 2 td's, 1 int, 107.5 rating (11th ranked defense)
Min: 27 out of 40 (67.5%), 337 yards, 3 td's, 1 int, 108 rating (27th)
@Chi: 16 out of 23 (69.6%), 169 yards, 3 td's, 0 int, 130.3 rating (3rd) (low amount of throws due to 5 int's)
Hou: 25 out of 34 (73.5%), 276 yards, 1td's, 0 int, 107 rating (29th)
@Jac: 22 out of 33 (66.7 %), 239 yards, 2 td's, 0 int, 108 rating (7th)
@Ten: 27 out of 33 (81.8%), 272 yards, 2 td's, 0 int, 121.2 rating (25th)

his numbers are somewhat lower in those harder games, but by no means anywhere low... carson isn't the same qb you guys faced last year... this defense isn't the same either... it will be one hell of a game :thumbsup:

[quote name='Idioteque' post='172243' date='Oct 18 2005, 07:23 AM'][quote name='Nati Ice' post='172239' date='Oct 18 2005, 11:14 AM']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
He fucking threw 12 times

[quote name='bengaldee' post='172539' date='Oct 18 2005, 07:22 PM'][quote name='Idioteque' post='172243' date='Oct 18 2005, 07:23 AM']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
He fucking threw 12 times
[/quote]

Try 26. But thanks for playing!

Quick question - do you guys feel that HR, RBI, and Wins are the most important stats in baseball?

I'll play...

At this moment in the game of Baseball i feel that E.R.A is the most important stat for a pitcher, Beanes equation for hitting is the best indicator of proficency at that aspect, (i don't know if that equation factors RISP,) and for a team whats more important than wins, which are usually the result of good pitching, timely hitting , great team defense and speed.

[quote name='The Scales' post='172720' date='Oct 19 2005, 12:47 AM']I'll play...

At this moment in the game of Baseball i feel that E.R.A is the most important stat for a pitcher, Beanes equation for hitting is the best indicator of proficency at that aspect, (i don't know if that equation factors RISP,) and for a team whats more important than wins, which are usually the result of good pitching, timely hitting , great team defense and speed.[/quote]

Then why are your cohorts pimping Carson as WAY better than Ben due to his *chuckle* number of attempts?

[quote name='Idioteque' post='172797' date='Oct 19 2005, 08:24 AM'][quote name='The Scales' post='172720' date='Oct 19 2005, 12:47 AM']
I'll play...

At this moment in the game of Baseball i feel that E.R.A is the most important stat for a pitcher, Beanes equation for hitting is the best indicator of proficency at that aspect, (i don't know if that equation factors RISP,) and for a team whats more important than wins, which are usually the result of good pitching, timely hitting , great team defense and speed.[/quote]

Then why are your cohorts pimping Carson as WAY better than Ben due to his *chuckle* number of attempts?
[/quote]

You are way off base. Wins are always more important to the TEAM!!!! Teams win the game.

Our point is that if you look at the stats - Carson is a more well rounded QB than Ben. It's funny how when we mentioned stats -- the only stat you want to go back to is Wins. That's a team stat - not a QB stat. Having the most wins in a season doesn't make you the better QB - i.e Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring.

Like I have mentioned before - I think Ben is a good QB and who know what kinds of stats he would have if he plays with another team. The fact is he is doing good in the Steelers systems right now cause the Steelers aren't asking him to win the game for them.

I think both are good QB. But it's comparing apple to oranges. Carson is asked to throw 25-30 times a game - Ben is only asked to throw 15-20 times a game. You can't compare stats - cause one is always going to have the better stat. It comes down to what their team is asking them to do.

Look, I like Carson. i genuinely do. (I love the fact that his last shitty game at USC came against my K-State Cats.) And I think he's quite a QB.

But he's not better than Ben. That's silly.

Ben has faced tough Ds this year. Carson has not.

Ben has lost all of 2 games as a starter, both to the Patriots. Remember, Maddox was 6-10 in 2003 with practically the same roster. Did every player just magically get better in 2004? I mean, come on. The QB change, then a NINE-GAME SWING into a 15-1 homefield season? Are you saying Ben had nothing or little to do with that?

As for not winning games on his own, come on. Our running game is great, but has its breakdowns. Last year vs. the Jags is a great example. No running game whatsoever, and Ben leads a 2-minute drill with no timeouts (on the road vs. a playoff contender on MNF) for the win. Perfect passer rating intact.

He was 17/26 vs. the Chargers, by the way. He doesn't throw much, but that's a GOOD thing - we're usually ahead by 17+ in the second half, often because of Ben's passing.

Both are good QBs. Palmer has had the advantage of a good O-line and possibly the league's second-best WR corps at his disposal. Ben has had a good o-line and great running game to back him. Ben has accomplished more than Carson right now, especially considering the silly level of competition Palmer has faced at this point.

[quote name='jed0720' post='172804' date='Oct 19 2005, 06:46 AM'][quote name='Idioteque' post='172797' date='Oct 19 2005, 08:24 AM']
[quote name='The Scales' post='172720' date='Oct 19 2005, 12:47 AM']
I'll play...

[/quote]

You are way off base. Wins are always more important to the TEAM!!!! Teams win the game.

Our point is that if you look at the stats - Carson is a more well rounded QB than Ben. It's funny how when we mentioned stats -- the only stat you want to go back to is Wins. That's a team stat - not a QB stat. Having the most wins in a season doesn't make you the better QB - i.e Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring.

Like I have mentioned before - I think Ben is a good QB and who know what kinds of stats he would have if he plays with another team. The fact is he is doing good in the Steelers systems right now cause the Steelers aren't asking him to win the game for them.

I think both are good QB. But it's comparing apple to oranges. Carson is asked to throw 25-30 times a game - Ben is only asked to throw 15-20 times a game. You can't compare stats - cause one is always going to have the better stat. It comes down to what their team is asking them to do.
[/quote]
Since this is so sensible, I doubt it gets responded to, but nice post.

[quote name='Idioteque' post='173157' date='Oct 19 2005, 10:22 PM']Look, I like Carson. i genuinely do. (I love the fact that his last shitty game at USC came against my K-State Cats.) And I think he's quite a QB.

Ben has lost all of 2 games as a starter, both to the Patriots. Remember, Maddox was 6-10 in 2003 with practically the same roster. Did every player just magically get better in 2004? I mean, come on. The QB change, then a NINE-GAME SWING into a 15-1 homefield season? Are you saying Ben had nothing or little to do with that?

As for not winning games on his own, come on. Our running game is great, but has its breakdowns. Last year vs. the Jags is a great example. No running game whatsoever, and Ben leads a 2-minute drill with no timeouts (on the road vs. a playoff contender on MNF) for the win. Perfect passer rating intact.

He was 17/26 vs. the Chargers, by the way. He doesn't throw much, but that's a GOOD thing - we're usually ahead by 17+ in the second half, often because of Ben's passing.

Both are good QBs. Palmer has had the advantage of a good O-line and possibly the league's second-best WR corps at his disposal. Ben has had a good o-line and great running game to back him. Ben has accomplished more than Carson right now, especially considering the silly level of competition Palmer has faced at this point.[/quote]
How is it silly? Carson makes unbelievable throws and has completed 74% of his passes. Carson has nine consecutive games of a 100+ passer rating, tied for the NFL record. Ben and Carson were about equal most of last year, this year it's not even close.

Ben gets most of the credit for the team's success, even though he is a QB on a running offense. The Steelers were 15-1 because they had one of the leagues best defenses and running games. <--- period

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='173166' date='Oct 19 2005, 10:30 PM'][quote name='Idioteque' post='173157' date='Oct 19 2005, 10:22 PM']
Look, I like Carson. i genuinely do. (I love the fact that his last shitty game at USC came against my K-State Cats.) And I think he's quite a QB.

Both are good QBs. Palmer has had the advantage of a good O-line and possibly the league's second-best WR corps at his disposal. Ben has had a good o-line and great running game to back him. Ben has accomplished more than Carson right now, especially considering the silly level of competition Palmer has faced at this point.[/quote]
How is it silly? Carson makes unbelievable throws and has completed 74% of his passes. Carson has nine consecutive games of a 100+ passer rating, tied for the NFL record. Ben and Carson were about equal most of last year, this year it's not even close.

Ben gets most of the credit for the team's success, even though he is a QB on a running offense. The Steelers were 15-1 because they had one of the leagues best defenses and running games. <--- period
[/quote]

I'll ask again, I guess.

With a 76-year-old Bettis...... .are you saying the Steeler running game was the reason for a nine-game swing and a 15-1 record?

[quote name='Idioteque' post='173170' date='Oct 19 2005, 10:33 PM']I'll ask again, I guess.

With a 76-year-old Bettis...... .are you saying the Steeler running game was the reason for a nine-game swing and a 15-1 record?[/quote]
Who cares if Bettis is 76, you somehow managed to have the second ranked rushing attack in the NFL.
[url="http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-RUSHING/2004/regular?sort_col_1=7"]http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-...ar?sort_col_1=7[/url]

#1 ranked defense BTW....
[url="http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-TOTAL/2004/regular?sort_col_1=4"]http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-...ar?sort_col_1=4[/url]

Obviously Ben was a big part of the rushing attack and defense, so he should get all of the credit.

Archived