What A POS city

Yanks

[url="http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/s_385920.html"]CLICKY[/url]

Pathetic. This just goes to show the caliber of fans and citizens this town retains. It is actually sickening these 'people' can resort to this. Move them to Columbia; remember that soccer player that they killed there because he scored a defensive goal for the US in some world cup. These monkeys are ridiculous. The man has a family. Steelers fans are weak and bottom of the barrel human beings. I suppose they should be though - it must be hard to be kind/charitable/sensible people when they collectively as a city make $12.50/hr.

Guest mongoloido

I thought it was a Brazilian soccer player?

Point taken though. :) Nasty story. Maddox may not be much of a football player anymore, but all accounts have him being a heck of a nice guy. Too bad some fans let the game consume them to that point. Hopefully (not excusing anything) it was just some stupid highschool kids.

[quote name='mongoloido' post='173268' date='Oct 20 2005, 12:37 AM']I thought it was a Brazilian soccer player?

Point taken though. :) Nasty story. Maddox may not be much of a football player anymore, but all accounts have him being a heck of a nice guy. Too bad some fans let the game consume them to that point. Hopefully (not excusing anything) it was just some stupid highschool kids.[/quote]
It was a colombian player.
That year in the qualifiers Colombia had beaten argentina (the powerhouse) 5 - 0 in Buenos Aires.
There was dirty money bet in stupid quantities by the drug lords. The money was bet for colombia to win the world cup, and as such their money would be cleaned up.
But then with that goal, Colombia never made it past the first round...

team comes back home, and the guy who made a goal in his own end got shot by the mafia.....

sucks...

There are probably worst stories in south american soccer.
If a team is playing badly, he gets threatened him and all his family to go to the bench or be killed, BY THEIR OWN FANS!!!!!
so yeah soccer gets a little dangerous....

Archived