atelast i didnt have to see a buncha steleers fans

with all of the trash talk that the steelrs fans wil lfill half the stadium, i was pleased to see very very few fans there, maybe 2,000-2,500...

and wines hard is the biggest crybaby in the nfl, i would be embarassed to have that girl on my team, he has talent, i cant knock that, but what a crying ass bitch, then when he hurt his vagina on the dropped td pass, it took him 45 minutes to get off the field, he kept stopping 15 yards from sideline, 10 yards, 5 yards, 4 yards, 3 yards, till some coaches finally yanked his tampoon string and got him to the white chalk, what a bitch.

unfortunetly the division standings will likely stay at they are until either we play the colts or we play you guys again... it does seem that this is by far our biggest rivalry as the browns and ravens should be shopping the world league for some new starters..

see you in december.

:headbang:

I watched the stands carefully on TV whenever the camera panned that way and I noticed the same thing...some blotches of yellow and black, with a few toothless idiots waving yellow towels, but nothing like the Steeler fan presence I have personally witnessed at both stadiums from years past....
and yeah, see you fucks in December...good game today...cherish it, it won't last...

Wines Hard....
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] :lol: [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] :lmao: :lmao:

[quote name='Southern Steeler' post='175529' date='Oct 24 2005, 12:59 AM']Whatever......if you had players like Hines Ward, you wouldn't be the Bengals and you would be celebrating whipping OUR ass.

You'd take him in a heartbeat.........you just won't admit it.[/quote]
funny how you had to change subjects in order to go against this threads facts...

and no, i would not want :254: his aquisition would have no upside... besides a sweet crustache that is

The other things aside, I was very pleasantly pleased at the number of sqealers fans there yesterday. It's the lowest number that I can remember in the last 10+ years. Last year before the game Lot D was crawling with them and yesterday there were just a few scattered around.

There were still a lot of them there but the worm has definitley turned.

Guest Diamond Dave
[quote name='BuckWoody' post='175578' date='Oct 24 2005, 08:19 AM']The other things aside, I was very pleasantly pleased at the number of sqealers fans there yesterday. It's the lowest number that I can remember in the last 10+ years. Last year before the game Lot D was crawling with them and yesterday there were just a few scattered around.

There were still a lot of them there but the worm has definitley turned.[/quote]

Well, of course. Your entire fan base is made up of bandwagoners that only buy the tickets and go to the games when the team wins. The biggest crowd ever at Paul Brown Stadium. Wow, when just a short time ago the team was having games blacked out due to poor attendance.

Now that the Steelers have bitchslapped Bengals fans back to reality, you'll see the attendance drop off a little more each week, and once again so few fans will show up that eveyone can have their own personal beer vendor.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='Diamond Dave' post='175623' date='Oct 24 2005, 08:51 AM'][quote name='BuckWoody' post='175578' date='Oct 24 2005, 08:19 AM']
The other things aside, I was very pleasantly pleased at the number of sqealers fans there yesterday. It's the lowest number that I can remember in the last 10+ years. Last year before the game Lot D was crawling with them and yesterday there were just a few scattered around.

There were still a lot of them there but the worm has definitley turned.[/quote]

Well, of course. Your entire fan base is made up of bandwagoners that only buy the tickets and go to the games when the team wins. The biggest crowd ever at Paul Brown Stadium. Wow, when just a short time ago the team was having games blacked out due to poor attendance.

Now that the Steelers have bitchslapped Bengals fans back to reality, you'll see the attendance drop off a little more each week, and once again so few fans will show up that eveyone can have their own personal beer vendor.
[/quote]

[img]http://www.quityourbitching.com/head_up_ass.jpg[/img]

You`re such a douche. :roll:

Don`t act like the Steelers have such a strong fan base for any other
reason than the winning. That is true of ALL SPORTS and ALL TEAMS.

To call our "ENTIRE fan base a bunch of bandwagoners" is moronic.
Let the Steelers go through a decade of losing and see how many
fans they have left...watch how many fans travel to games.

Now go play hide-n- fuck yourself.

Guest Diamond Dave
[quote name='oldschooler' post='175636' date='Oct 24 2005, 10:18 AM']Don`t act like the Steelers have such a strong fan base for any other

fans they have left...watch how many fans travel to games.[/quote]

Yeah, facts are always a problem with Bengals fans. Through the 1980s, the Steelers put some awful teams on the field and yet, every single non-strike season game was sold out. Every single one.

Now here's where you igbore the facts, and post some snappy little smilies.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='Diamond Dave' post='175652' date='Oct 24 2005, 09:54 AM'][quote name='oldschooler' post='175636' date='Oct 24 2005, 10:18 AM']Don`t act like the Steelers have such a strong fan base for any other

Yeah, facts are always a problem with Bengals fans. T[b]hrough the 1980s, the Steelers put some awful teams on the field and yet, every single non-strike season game was sold out. Every single one.[/b]

Now here's where you [size=6]igbore[/size] the facts, and post some snappy little smilies.
[/quote]

I have never done that in my life. I`m not even sure I know what igbore means ?

And wasn`t the 80`s when the Steelers honored Food Stamps ?

[quote name='Diamond Dave' post='175652' date='Oct 24 2005, 10:54 AM'][quote name='oldschooler' post='175636' date='Oct 24 2005, 10:18 AM']Don`t act like the Steelers have such a strong fan base for any other

Yeah, facts are always a problem with Bengals fans. Through the 1980s, the Steelers put some awful teams on the field and yet, every single non-strike season game was sold out. Every single one.

Now here's where you igbore the facts, and post some snappy little smilies.
[/quote]

I don't ignore the fact!!! Here's one for ya!!!

AFC NORTH W L
Cincinnati 5 2
Pittsburgh 4 2
Baltimore 2 4
Cleveland 2 4

I admit that you beat the Bengals pretty bad today. But the Steelers are still looking up at the Bengals from 2nd Place.

[quote name='Diamond Dave' post='175623' date='Oct 24 2005, 09:51 AM']Well, of course. Your entire fan base is made up of bandwagoners that only buy the tickets and go to the games when the team wins. The biggest crowd ever at Paul Brown Stadium. Wow, when just a short time ago the team was having games blacked out due to poor attendance.

Now that the Steelers have bitchslapped Bengals fans back to reality, you'll see the attendance drop off a little more each week, and once again so few fans will show up that eveyone can have their own personal beer vendor.[/quote]

I haven't missed a home game since PBS opened, hell the 2 and 14 season i went to 13 games. So for you to say that our entire fan base is bandwagoners is totally wrong.

[quote name='Southern Steeler' post='175529' date='Oct 24 2005, 12:59 AM']Whatever......if you had players like Hines Ward, you wouldn't be the Bungles and you would be celebrating whipping OUR ass.

fasle. both cj and tj are better than ward. and im pretty sure neither of them have a gaping vagina.

[quote name='Diamond Dave' post='175623' date='Oct 24 2005, 09:51 AM'][quote name='BuckWoody' post='175578' date='Oct 24 2005, 08:19 AM']

[/quote]

yea, apposed to yours, i mean last year i sat 10 yard line 10 rows off the field for face value, at wienz field, thats loyalty.

[quote name='whodey24k' post='175657' date='Oct 24 2005, 10:59 AM'][quote name='Diamond Dave' post='175623' date='Oct 24 2005, 09:51 AM']

Now that the Steelers have bitchslapped Bengals fans back to reality, you'll see the attendance drop off a little more each week, and once again so few fans will show up that eveyone can have their own personal beer vendor.[/quote]

I haven't missed a home game since PBS opened, hell the 2 and 14 season i went to 13 games. So for you to say that our entire fan base is bandwagoners is totally wrong.
[/quote]

oh the terrible reality of being in first place every single week of the season is a sour sour grape.

i have been to 7 regular season games and 1 preseason(vacation for other home preseason) and i have 9+ more to go. i went to 11-12 last year, and 5 the year before that(didnt have the money)

speaking of bandwagons, how is it the #1 jersey selling at the end of last year was for a QB who didnt have enough throwing attempts to be considered for any QB stat titles? not bandwagon fans who dont even watch football gettin a big bennie boo jersey im sure.. im pretty sure that 13 yr old girl in iowa has been a life long die hard pittsburgh fan! the steelers have more bandwagon fans than any other franchise in the nfl right now.

[quote name='BuckWoody' post='175578' date='Oct 24 2005, 08:19 AM']The other things aside, I was very pleasantly pleased at the number of sqealers fans there yesterday. It's the lowest number that I can remember in the last 10+ years. Last year before the game Lot D was crawling with them and yesterday there were just a few scattered around.

Until the Bengals become the Bengals again. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that with a 5-1 record, more people are going to jump on the bandwagon and not as many Steeler fans are going to be able to get tickets.

But there were FAR more Steeler fans there then the number of Bengal fans you would ever see at a Steelers home game.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='175672' date='Oct 24 2005, 11:31 AM']speaking of bandwagons, how is it the #1 jersey selling at the end of last year was for a QB who didnt have enough throwing attempts to be considered for any QB stat titles? not bandwagon fans who dont even watch football gettin a big bennie boo jersey im sure.. im pretty sure that 13 yr old girl in iowa has been a life long die hard pittsburgh fan! the steelers have more bandwagon fans than any other franchise in the nfl right now.[/quote]

Funny how the Steelers have sold out every game since 1972. And funny how we have a Steelers Bar in almost every major city in the country.

Yeah, I can see why you think we are bandwagon fans.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And by the way, I have been a season ticket holder for 25 years and I went out last year and got a Big Ben jersey. Does that make me a bandwagon fan???

[quote name='Steelisreal' post='175761' date='Oct 24 2005, 12:50 PM'][quote name='GoBengals' post='175672' date='Oct 24 2005, 11:31 AM']speaking of bandwagons, how is it the #1 jersey selling at the end of last year was for a QB who didnt have enough throwing attempts to be considered for any QB stat titles? not bandwagon fans who dont even watch football gettin a big bennie boo jersey im sure.. im pretty sure that 13 yr old girl in iowa has been a life long die hard pittsburgh fan! the steelers have more bandwagon fans than any other franchise in the nfl right now.[/quote]

Funny how the Steelers have sold out every game since 1972. And funny how we have a Steelers Bar in almost every major city in the country.

Yeah, I can see why you think we are bandwagon fans.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And by the way, I have been a season ticket holder for 25 years and I went out last year and got a Big Ben jersey. Does that make me a bandwagon fan???
[/quote]

i was at the bengals steelers game at hienz field in 2003 and it was no where near a sell out. there were at least 6000 empty seats. and tickets were going for below face value in the parking lot.

Guest Diamond Dave
[size=6][b]Atta way, Bengals fans[/b][/size]
[b]By Kyle Nagel
Monday, October 24, 2005, 08:48 AM[/b]
Kyle Nagel is the enterprise reporter for the Dayton Daily News sports department. He was raised in Centerville, received a Bachelor of Journalism degree from the University of Missouri in May 2003 and joined the Dayton Daily News in December 2003.

Cincinnati finally grabbed the national spotlight on Sunday (10/23/05). The Bengals played the Steelers in the first meaningful game this late in the season in a long time.

And you Bengals fans embarrassed yourselves.

Granted, not all of you. But during the Bengals’ 27-13 loss to the Steelers, those wearing orange bailed out faster than underage drinkers when the cops show up.

Early in the fourth quarter — make that very early in the fourth quarter — the escalators visible from the press box were chock full of Bengals “supporters” hoping to beat the traffic as the Bengals trailed 27-6.

National reporters from outlets like the Dallas Morning News, the Los Angeles Times and ESPN.com smirked as they watched Paul Brown Stadium evacuate.

True, it’s not all your fault. Your team did let you down, playing this game like they had placed their head on a bat and spun around 20 times before entering the huddle.

Still, I don’t want to hear another word about how the Bengals’ support has stayed strong. Apparently, it hasn’t.

Guest steggyD
What the hell are you trying to prove? I watch many football games on television and this is how it always is. Whenever a team is down by that many points the stadium empties. Usually all that is left is the opposing team's fans. I even see it on primetime games. Get off your fuckin' high horse. I am one who will not do such a thing, but many do. Reason I stay is because I'm so damn poor that I like to get my money's worth. I watched a hockey game a couple weeks back, rooting for the Devils. Down 4 to 1 in the last period, I stayed til the end. But even at that point, many of the Ranger's fans were leaving and they were the home team, winning. Not everyone likes to stick aroiund to see their team make junk yardage and points.

[quote name='Diamond Dave' post='175791' date='Oct 24 2005, 01:54 PM']Still, I don’t want to hear another word about how the Bengals’ support has stayed strong. Apparently, it hasn’t.[/quote]

i stayed untill the clock hit 0:00. I would say that a lot of the people were leaving because of the rain, not the score of the game. There were also a large amount of steeler fans in orange poncho, the only way to recoginize them was there terrible cum rags.

[quote name='Steelisreal' post='175755' date='Oct 24 2005, 12:46 PM'][quote name='BuckWoody' post='175578' date='Oct 24 2005, 08:19 AM']

Unitl the Bengals become the Bengals again. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that with a 5-1 record, more people are going to jump on the bandwagon and not as many Steeler fans are going to be able to get tickets.

But there were FAR more Steeler fans there then the number of Bengal fans you would ever see at a Steelers home game.
[/quote]

Just because PBS is filling up more, it's not because fans are jumping on the bandwagon. Our fan base hasn't changed. It's obvious that more people are coming out because the product has improved. Why is that so hard to understand?

Good team = large audience
Crappy team = small to no audience.

Some steeler fan mentioned that Steeler fans still showed up on Sundays when you had a crappy team. Did you show up and cheer or did you show up and boo? If you showed up and booed the whole game, what kind of support is that. If you want to pay money to watch a shitty team, that's fine. But you shouldn't expect others to do the same.

Bengals fans just stayed home and saved their money in the bad years. What's wrong with that? If Mike Brown's not going to spend money on building a good team, than why should the fans spend any money and go to games. Now Mike brown's made a lot of positive changes and now the fans are supporting him. What's wrong with that?

[quote name='steggyD' post='175796' date='Oct 24 2005, 02:01 PM']What the hell are you trying to prove? I watch many football games on television and this is how it always is. Whenever a team is down by that many points the stadium empties. Usually all that is left is the opposing team's fans. I even see it on primetime games. Get off your fuckin' high horse. I am one who will not do such a thing, but many do. Reason I stay is because I'm so damn poor that I like to get my money's worth. I watched a hockey game a couple weeks back, rooting for the Devils. Down 4 to 1 in the last period, I stayed til the end. But even at that point, many of the Ranger's fans were leaving and they were the home team, winning. Not everyone likes to stick aroiund to see their team make junk yardage and points.[/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img]

[quote name='Southern Steeler' post='175529' date='Oct 24 2005, 12:59 AM']Whatever......if you had players like Hines Ward, you wouldn't be the Bengals and you would be celebrating whipping OUR ass.

I'd sure as hell be embarressed a man in our locker room crying over another man...so what if he can block make him a tight end or something...wr should be able to catch and run routes

Archived