atelast i didnt have to see a buncha steleers fans

[quote name='oldschooler' post='175636' date='Oct 24 2005, 10:18 AM']You`re such a douche. :roll:

Don`t act like the Steelers have such a strong fan base for any other
reason than the winning. That is true of ALL SPORTS and ALL TEAMS.

To call our "ENTIRE fan base a bunch of bandwagoners" is moronic.
Let the Steelers go through a decade of losing and see how many
fans they have left...watch how many fans travel to games.

Now go play hide-n- fuck yourself.[/quote]

This is from 2003 and the streak is still going.

[url="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/6610916"]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/6610916[/url]

"Four teams have sellout streaks of over 200 games going into the 2003 season: The Redskins (265), Broncos (253), [b]Pittsburgh (223)[/b] and Packers (213) hold those streaks. When you realize that each season means only eight regular-season home games, that's an amazing feat."

And by the way, after our last SB('79) and before Cowher took over('92) the Steelers only made the playoffs 4 times in 12 years. So, we went through a bad stretch during the 80s and still sold out.

But I agree that you can't call the entire Bengal fan base bandwagoners. I have a lot of respect for fans that stick by their team through the rough years. I should know, I'm a Pirates fan!!

[quote name='whodey24k' post='175657' date='Oct 24 2005, 10:59 AM']I haven't missed a home game since PBS opened, hell the 2 and 14 season i went to 13 games. So for you to say that our entire fan base is bandwagoners is totally wrong.[/quote]

I hope you are talking about away games as well because there are only 8 regular season home games a year.

And if you are, I am VERY impressed!! I have season tickets and go to every home game and usually make it to 2-3 away games. But my goal one year is to make it to every away game.

[quote name='whodey24k' post='175778' date='Oct 24 2005, 01:20 PM']i was at the bengals steelers game at hienz field in 2003 and it was no where near a sell out. there were at least 6000 empty seats. and tickets were going for below face value in the parking lot.[/quote]

A sell out is when every single ticket has been sold. Of course you are going to have some fans not show up at the game for whatever reason but that doesn't mean the game isn't sold out.

One thing though that does piss a lot of Steeler fans off is that having season tickets for the Steelers is a status symbol. It's not like it was 10 years ago. Everything has gotten so corporate. I've seen people show up in their fur coats and high heels as well as suits. It is those fans that either don't show up or leave early if the team is way down. It pisses everyone off. People call into the radio shows all the time and say they will take their tickets and stay the entire game. Many of the true fans can't get tickets(the waiting list is over 20 years and/or too expensive). It's too bad because IMO the games 10+ years ago were much better and this is true in almost every city now(especially since all these new stadiums are popping up everywhere).

[quote name='Diamond Dave' post='175652' date='Oct 24 2005, 10:54 AM'][quote name='oldschooler' post='175636' date='Oct 24 2005, 10:18 AM']Don`t act like the Steelers have such a strong fan base for any other
reason than the winning. That is true of ALL SPORTS and ALL TEAMS.

To call our "ENTIRE fan base a bunch of bandwagoners" is moronic.
Let the Steelers go through a decade of losing and see how many
fans they have left...watch how many fans travel to games.[/quote]

Yeah, facts are always a problem with Bengals fans. Through the 1980s, the Steelers put some awful teams on the field and yet, every single non-strike season game was sold out. Every single one.

Now here's where you igbore the facts, and post some snappy little smilies.
[/quote]
do you think we can help that some people were embarresed quit living in the past
marijuana is legal anymore...and your not getting laid anymore ;) ...the bengals are starting to win and games are being sold out

anyways who gives a shit about a fan base...just as long as the team goes out and gives it all

dallas has a huge fan base...how good where they last year?

[quote name='RAVENS FAN 101' post='176041' date='Oct 24 2005, 07:08 PM']Wow, the Bungle have made it to my most hated team next to the Steelers. I think it's funny how all you Bungles fans start talking trash when you start winning. Unlike the Steelers where they have the right to talk.

Too bad the Bungles don't have to play a good RAVENS team this year. Our year is coming soon....[/quote]
As long as your QB's are Boller and Wright, that day will NEVER come, because your defensive coordinator that put together your '00 superbowl win for you with that defense has moved on to greener pastures....and your team is getting OLD on that side of the ball...and your coach is an egomaniacal tool who cannnot see that Boller is HORRIBLE!

[quote name='Steelisreal' post='175901' date='Oct 24 2005, 04:38 PM'][quote name='whodey24k' post='175657' date='Oct 24 2005, 10:59 AM']I haven't missed a home game since PBS opened, hell the 2 and 14 season i went to 13 games. So for you to say that our entire fan base is bandwagoners is totally wrong.[/quote]

I hope you are talking about away games as well because there are only 8 regular season home games a year.

And if you are, I am VERY impressed!! I have season tickets and go to every home game and usually make it to 2-3 away games. But my goal one year is to make it to every away game.
[/quote]

yes i'm talking about roadies, i have season tickets and try to go to atleast 3 road games a year. this year, it looks as if im going to hit 14 of the 16 games.

[quote name='Steelisreal' post='175911' date='Oct 24 2005, 04:48 PM'][quote name='whodey24k' post='175778' date='Oct 24 2005, 01:20 PM']i was at the bengals steelers game at hienz field in 2003 and it was no where near a sell out. there were at least 6000 empty seats. and tickets were going for below face value in the parking lot.[/quote]

A sell out is when every single ticket has been sold. Of course you are going to have some fans not show up at the game for whatever reason but that doesn't mean the game isn't sold out.

One thing though that does piss a lot of Steeler fans off is that having season tickets for the Steelers is a status symbol. It's not like it was 10 years ago. Everything has gotten so corporate. I've seen people show up in their fur coats and high heels as well as suits. It is those fans that either don't show up or leave early if the team is way down. It pisses everyone off. People call into the radio shows all the time and say they will take their tickets and stay the entire game. Many of the true fans can't get tickets(the waiting list is over 20 years and/or too expensive). It's too bad because IMO the games 10+ years ago were much better and this is true in almost every city now(especially since all these new stadiums are popping up everywhere).
[/quote]

to me they shouldn't call it a sell out if there are more than 5000 empty seats. Sure a team with a huge fan base like the steelers is going to sell out every game. but if the asses aren't in the seats don't call it a sell out. I would love to see the gate numbers from some of your down years. I'm sure they are very close to our numbers. as for the corprate fans fuck'em, football is a sport for the common man. It was meant to be watched by passonite fans that get loud and stay loud no matter what the score. if you want to go to a sporting event and be quiet go to a tennis match.

[quote name='Palmerforpresident9' post='175868' date='Oct 24 2005, 03:45 PM'][quote name='Southern Steeler' post='175529' date='Oct 24 2005, 12:59 AM']
Whatever......if you had players like Hines Ward, you wouldn't be the Bengals and you would be celebrating whipping OUR ass.

You'd take him in a heartbeat.........you just won't admit it.[/quote]
I'd sure as hell be embarressed a man in our locker room crying over another man...so what if he can block make him a tight end or something...wr should be able to catch and run routes
[/quote]

Sweet mercy.

Didn't your star WR cry openly on camera two weeks ago?

[quote name='Steelisreal' post='175755' date='Oct 24 2005, 12:46 PM'][quote name='BuckWoody' post='175578' date='Oct 24 2005, 08:19 AM']
The other things aside, I was very pleasantly pleased at the number of sqealers fans there yesterday. It's the lowest number that I can remember in the last 10+ years. Last year before the game Lot D was crawling with them and yesterday there were just a few scattered around.

There were still a lot of them there but the worm has definitley turned.[/quote]

Until the Bengals become the Bungles again. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that with a 5-1 record, more people are going to jump on the bandwagon and not as many Steeler fans are going to be able to get tickets.

But there were FAR more Steeler fans there then the number of Bengal fans you would ever see at a Steelers home game.
[/quote]

false... and december 5th i will post the pictures to prove it

[quote name='Southern Steeler' post='176221' date='Oct 25 2005, 07:30 AM']And Ward is still a better player than anyone on the Bengals roster.[/quote]

:lol:

you cant possibly beleive that.

Ward's so good that he held out through training camp and nobody cared, so he ended the hold out. Then idiots like Suzy Kolber were trying to make him look all noble for re-joining the team. He's what the Bengals need, a whiny, over-rated hold out.

[quote name='Hooky' post='176267' date='Oct 25 2005, 09:57 AM']Ward's so good that he held out through training camp and nobody cared, so he ended the hold out. Then idiots like Suzy Kolber were trying to make him look all noble for re-joining the team. He's what the Bengals need, a whiny, over-rated hold out.[/quote]

What are you talking about?? Nobody cared? Do you even watch ESPN??

Please know what you are talking about BEFORE you mouth off. The Steelers have a long standing policy not to negotiate once training camp starts. However, the Rooneys and Ward's agent did have talks after camp started. They proposed a deal and told Ward to show up at camp and they would make it official a week or so later. This way, Hines still looks good because he comes back for his team etc.... and the Steelers look good because they didn't back down from their policy. This is coming directly from my neighbor who is the running back coach(Dick Hoak).

I think it is funny how people say they wouldn't want Ward because he is a "whiny, over-rated hold out" yet they seem fine with a cocky, arrogant, show-boating WR like CJ. But if he is so over-rated, please tell the rest of the league's players because they have got it all wrong. They have voted him into the pro-bowl the past 4 seasons.............good thing you know what you are talking about and can set them all straight.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

[quote name='GoBengals' post='176262' date='Oct 25 2005, 09:29 AM'][quote name='Steelisreal' post='175755' date='Oct 24 2005, 12:46 PM']

But there were FAR more Steeler fans there then the number of Bengal fans you would ever see at a Steelers home game.[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you serious?? Dude, for 10 years Cincy has been Heinz Field West. While this year not nearly as many Steeler fans were at the game(thanks to a number of fairweather fans buying tickets) there were still close to 5-10 thousand there. There has NEVER been that many fans from an opposing team at Heinz(or 3 Rivers). Never.

Hines Ward is a great football player, but he'd be no more than a number two on this team.

ALSO WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT ATTENDANCE....what does it prove? That the steelers have a fine tradition, a large fan base, and four Rings..Thank you for all your helpfull attendance numbers. They really illustrated what was so difficult to grasp...those numbers really did it for me, now that i know that there are a lot of steeler fans, fans who travel well, waving thier unsavory towels violently in the air with the glazed stare of steeler bliss smeared across thier collective faces i've seen the proverbeal light, and am giving serious thought to just tossing my blind bengal devotion in the trash, and picking up that terrible towel...

FUCK THAT

[quote name='Steelisreal' post='176357' date='Oct 25 2005, 12:39 PM'][quote name='GoBengals' post='176262' date='Oct 25 2005, 09:29 AM']
[quote name='Steelisreal' post='175755' date='Oct 24 2005, 12:46 PM']

But there were FAR more Steeler fans there then the number of Bengal fans you would ever see at a Steelers home game.[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you serious?? Dude, for 10 years Cincy has been Heinz Field West. While this year not nearly as many Steeler fans were at the game(thanks to a number of fairweather fans buying tickets) there were still close to 5-10 thousand there. There has NEVER been that many fans from an opposing team at Heinz(or 3 Rivers). Never.
[/quote]

It was Heinz field West before there was a Heinz field? That makes sense. Opposing fans would rather watch the game on tv than go to your shithole. Not sure why you're bragging about it. If Pittsburgh's such a blue collar town, how can so many Steeler fans afford to go to 8 road games every year?

[quote name='The Scales' post='176794' date='Oct 26 2005, 04:10 AM']Hines Ward is a great football player, but he'd be no more than a number two on this team.

That the steelers have a fine tradition, a large fan base, and four Rings. i know that there are a lot of steeler fans, fans who travel well, waving thier unsavory towels violently in the air with the glazed stare of steeler bliss smeared across thier collective faces[/quote]

Behind CJ, yes he would be a #2. He would also be #2 behind other players(TO, Moss, etc..) But he would be #1 on more teams then he would be a #2.

Gathering from that little rant, you seem a tad bit jealous.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

[quote name='Steelisreal' post='176852' date='Oct 26 2005, 11:54 AM'][quote name='The Scales' post='176794' date='Oct 26 2005, 04:10 AM']
Hines Ward is a great football player, but he'd be no more than a number two on this team.

That the steelers have a fine tradition, a large fan base, and four Rings. i know that there are a lot of steeler fans, fans who travel well, waving thier unsavory towels violently in the air with the glazed stare of steeler bliss smeared across thier collective faces[/quote]

Behind CJ, yes he would be a #2. He would also be #2 behind other players(TO, Moss, etc..) But he would be #1 on more teams then he would be a #2.

Gathering from that little rant, you seem a tad bit jealous.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
[/quote]

didnt you just say that ward was better than anyone on the bengals team??????? if thats the case, how would he be #2 behind CJ????

your not making any sense...

[quote name='Hooky' post='176802' date='Oct 26 2005, 06:52 AM']It was Heinz field West before there was a Heinz field? That makes sense. Opposing fans would rather watch the game on tv than go to your shithole. Not sure why you're bragging about it. If Pittsburgh's such a blue collar town, how can so many Steeler fans afford to go to 8 road games every year?[/quote]

I thought you could figure out what I meant when I coined the term "Heinz Field West". I guess not. Well, let's just make it easier for you and say Cincy has been "Pittsburgh West" for the last 10 years.

And Pittsburgh or Heinz is a shithole? Have you even been to either? Funny though that you think that because Heinz is always raved about and Pittsburgh is always in the top 30 places to live in the country.

Do you think that maybe because there is a waiting list of over 20 years for season tickets that not a lot of opposing fans can come watch a game in Pittsburgh. It has nothing to do with "opposing fans would rather watch the game on tv".

Well there are a couple reasons why Steeler fans can afford to go to 8 road games every year. 1)It is very difficult to get home games so for many people their best chance to see the Steelers play is on the road. 2)Ya think that maybe there are Steeler fans outside of the city of Pittsburgh and that they go to see the games near where they live??? 3)The same people are not going to going to all 8 road games.......I am going to the Vikes, Packers, and Ravens games this year. But I know others that went to Cincy and are going to Indy as well.

List from this year:

[url="http://www.bestplaces.net/docs/studies/bestplaces05_list.aspx"]http://www.bestplaces.net/docs/studies/bes...ces05_list.aspx[/url]

Pittsburgh #28; Cincy #92

List from last year:

[url="http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=4251"]http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=4251[/url]

Pittsburgh #7

Next.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='176859' date='Oct 26 2005, 12:09 PM']didnt you just say that ward was better than anyone on the bengals team??????? if thats the case, how would he be #2 behind CJ????

your not making any sense...[/quote]

Please show me where [size=5][i][b]I[/b] [/i][/size]said he was better then anyone on the Bengals team.

Please don't put words in my mouth.

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='Steelisreal' post='176866' date='Oct 26 2005, 11:34 AM'][quote name='GoBengals' post='176859' date='Oct 26 2005, 12:09 PM']
didnt you just say that ward was better than anyone on the bengals team??????? if thats the case, how would he be #2 behind CJ????

your not making any sense...[/quote]

Please show me where [size=5][i][b]I[/b] [/i][/size]said he was better then anyone on the Bengals team.

Please don't put words in my mouth.
[/quote]

All you Steelers fans look alike.
Must be all those generations of inbreeding... :pointlaff:

Hey it is the "shit talking" forum. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img]

Archived