atelast i didnt have to see a buncha steleers fans

God, Steelers fans are fucking arrogant pricks. I didn't always hate the Steelers, but the more Steelers fans I meet, the more I hate that team and anyone that embraces them. They are quickly approaching the hatred level I have for anything Cleveland.

Comparing what the Steelers went through in the 80's to what the Bengals went through for 14 YEARS straight, is inconceivable. Not only did the Bengals not get to the playoffs, they never had a winning record for 14 years. Inept ownership, management, and coaches kept the fans away. Who wants to watch a bunch of hacks play football the wrong way? It's not that we weren't fans anymore, it just became silly to pad Mike Browns pocket when he wouldn't pass the buck along and fix things. The Steelers fans never even came close to that kind of torture.

As far as my bandwagon status?
I've been a Bengals fan since I started getting into football in 1986. I was the only guy in my high school in the mid 90's that rocked any Bengals gear. (Most were firmly on the Dallas bandwagon then). I still sport a TON of Bengals gear, mostly jerseys and hats. I've been to alot of Bengals games over the years but the most hardcore game I've been to was the Jaguars/Bengals game in 2000. Some of you out there may have went to that debacle/game. I sat through the second coldest game in Cincinnati sports history to watch the Bengals play on a frozen field that was somehow NOT covered the night before.....they had to spraypaint the sidelines and yard markers over the snow and ice. It was 9 below zero and I sat through the ENTIRE game. I'd also like to point out that it was the last game of a 2-14 season, Scott freakin' Mitchell was the QB and Corey Dillon just showed up to pick up his paycheck...he didn't even try that game. Top that with the fact that I drove an hour to get there and I had to walk a mile, in the snow, to get to the stadium because the snow wasn't fully cleared. (Cheapest tickets I ever got, 20 bucks for 2 50 yd line seats, 3 rows from the field) Some might say that it sounds like a miserable experience, but I love my team and I had a blast. (not to mention someone was passing around a flask..lol) I always get to one or two games a year, win or lose. The irony of the situation now is that the product on the field is worth going to see more than once a year, but the ticket prices have gone through the roof for idiots like myself who didn't jump on the ticket packets. lol

I'm done rambling now....werd to yer mothers.

Jay :afropic:

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='Steelisreal' post='176357' date='Oct 25 2005, 12:39 PM']Are you serious?? Dude, for 10 years Cincy has been Heinz Field West. While this year not nearly as many Steeler fans were at the game(thanks to a number of fairweather fans buying tickets) [b]there were still close to 5-10 thousand there.[/b] There has NEVER been that many fans from an opposing team at Heinz(or 3 Rivers). Never.[/quote]

Okay. Generally, I am not really into smack talk. It sounds too much like grade schoolers yelling about how their dad could beat the crap out of the other dad. So I tend to avoid this forum like the plague. However, someone kept posting figures of 5-10 thousand Steelers fans at the game sunday, so I had to track this stat down. I was at the game too. I spent quite a bit of every tv timeout counting Steelers fans in the stadium. I counted the number of Steeler fans in the 3 most yellow clad sections of each deck and divided that number by 3 (to get an average)(counting every yellow towel, jersey, shirt, pant, poncho, etc...). From there, I multiplied that number by the number of sections, then multiplied that number by two in order to account for the same deck on my side of the field. I did this for every deck, and the endzone closest to me (in essence, I counted half the stadium), rounding up to the nearest easy numbers for me to remember. I came up with aproximately 2000 Steelers fans (I actually came up with a little less, but rounded up to the 2000 number to be safe). I figured the overwhelming majority of Steelers fans going to the game would have something yellow, and that no Bengal fan would (even though I did see several Bengals fans with yellow ponchos on). Any Steelers fans not in some sort of yellow were hopefully wrapped up all generous averaging I did (counting the most yellow clad sections of each deck, counting what were probably yellow clad event staff, rounding up after all the multiplication, etc...)

I may be a geek for doing this [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//26.gif[/img] , but my math skills and methodology are sound. I would be extremely surprised if there were even 3000 Steelers fans in attendence. 5,000 - 10,000 is just wrong. Please stop using those numbers, because they sound a lot more like boasts than anything based in reality.

The Steelers tend to bring more fans with them than anyone else, but they are also the most storied franchise in our division. It's to be expected. :)

P.S. For those that went to the open session at PBS in the spring, I seem to remember them saying there were 7-10 thousand fans at the practice. Remember how many people that was at the stadium? Way more than the Steelers brought with them.

Yeah that is funny how those Fags talk about people leaving early, I guess they forgot last years annual choke job AFCCG those pussys were gone right at the start of the 3rd quarter when NE smacked them like the Bitches they really are. Hey Faggot stiller fans if we are such bandwagon fans, why do the Bengals play in a publicly funded new stadium? Any other city would have let the Bengals leave with the way they had been playing that decade.

Archived