No Doubt We Need A TE This Next Draft

I see where they are trying to use Perry as the release instead of one of our TEs. If we had one good TE that can block and catch Carson gets at lest one of those TDs in the first qtr plus a good number of catches from the TE all through the game. Schobel is a non-factor, Kelly and Stewart just block and really aren't receiving threats but we all knew this coming in. We all were hoping Schobel would step it up but he hasn't and ML will be getting a new one this next draft. I like Pope from Georgia and Fasano from ND both have good hands and know how to block. :)

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='175605' date='Oct 24 2005, 09:05 AM']I would definitely trade Pollack for Heath Miller right about now...[/quote]

How about Landon's worthless ass instead?

Pollack went out of the game before the 2nd quarter even ended, and he still had the same stats as Landon.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='175605' date='Oct 24 2005, 01:05 PM']I would definitely trade Pollack for Heath Miller right about now...[/quote]

I wanted this guy soooo bad and got a bunch of shit for it...
We DO need a tight-end....we have problems in the red zone
and on 3 and short....It may not work into Bratt's scheme
but BRATT needs to work it in somehow..
We have a great offense but if we had
a dependable TE, we could convert in these areas and
get a lead early...we control the game...make them throw!

Heath Miller ate us up...he was WIDE open almost all day long...

I was also believing that our front line could do the job but
I'm jumping on with the rest and I believe we need a couple
"PLUGS" up front...we definately need a couple physical wide bodies...

we definately need Madieu back and someone better to compliment
him....

Since ML is having to change the tires while going 60 mph he can't redo everything at once and I think most of us agree he has done a great job since he has been here. But he knows we still have wekanesses but being the coach he is he will never say it. Landon is OK but gets whipped on the outside, Pollack plays that stronger and hopefully Caleb will be a big help. Youth in a lot of key spots and it showed yesterday but they will get better. I am wondering why Sean Smith didn't play yesterday since he seems to be one of the few that gets penetration and can plug the middle. Also I wonder when we can expect to finally see Askew contribute or is he still a project or bust. However, back to the main topic about the TE, we have three of them that are probably average or below at best. :)

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='BengalBeotch' post='175610' date='Oct 24 2005, 09:17 AM']Heath Miller ate us up...he was WIDE open almost all day long...[/quote]

Once again, thank you Mr. Landon Johnson, strong side linebacker extraordinaire. Such a good job at covering the TEs. Such a good job on stopping Mr. Parker on a run that went right at his side...

:thumbsdown:

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='175607' date='Oct 24 2005, 09:06 AM'][quote name='BengalsOwn' post='175605' date='Oct 24 2005, 09:05 AM']
I would definitely trade Pollack for Heath Miller right about now...[/quote]

:rolleyes:
[/quote]

You wouldn't trade an injured first round pick for a healthy first round pick who is producing well?

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//37.gif[/img]

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='175615' date='Oct 24 2005, 09:23 AM'][quote name='Jamie_B' post='175607' date='Oct 24 2005, 09:06 AM']
[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='175605' date='Oct 24 2005, 09:05 AM']

[/quote]

You wouldn't trade an injured first round pick for a healthy first round pick who is producing well?

[/quote]

I think the only pass we threw to a TE yesterday was a 5 yard curl to Reggie Kelly. He wouldn't produce shit in Brat's system...

Guest Bengals1181
Landon needs to go. He's just too damn small. I've seen offensive linemen, on more than one occasion this year, shove him to the ground with one hand.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Bengals1181' post='175634' date='Oct 24 2005, 10:10 AM']Landon needs to go. He's just too damn small. I've seen offensive linemen, on more than one occasion this year, shove him to the ground with one hand.[/quote]

I'm all for starting Caleb there. Sure as fuck couldnt do any worse than Landon. Plus, he's a big, strong, nasty muh-fucka. He impressed me last year before he got injured. I hope he can come in and produce...

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='175615' date='Oct 24 2005, 09:23 AM'][quote name='Jamie_B' post='175607' date='Oct 24 2005, 09:06 AM']
[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='175605' date='Oct 24 2005, 09:05 AM']

[/quote]

[/quote]

See Chris Perry, let me forgoe a LB that is needed, vs a TE who isnt. Isnt producing well? He's comming along, probablly not as fast as much of us hoped but again they didnt seem to get their running game going that well till he went out did they? :rolleyes:

Guest Whodey420
I mentioned this before the draft and caught hell for it as well....
This and that about Brat's system....he CANT be that clueless
or maybe he is?....Someone else mentioned Landon Johnson
covering the TE.....Madieu would be doing that but we all know
where he's at....What we need worse than anything is a DT that
can actually get some penetration instead of getting knocked
back 3-5 yards every snap.

Agree that we need to be able to stuff the run and that is probably highest priority right now. But if our strategy is to take teams out of the run mode by jumping up on them or forcing them to throw more because of our offensive capability then a stud TE makes us even more dangerous and could help in this game philosophy. :)

[quote name='BengalTillIDie' post='175670' date='Oct 24 2005, 11:28 AM']Agree that we need to be able to stuff the run and that is probably highest priority right now. But if our strategy is to take teams out of the run mode by jumping up on them or forcing them to throw more because of our offensive capability then a stud TE makes us even more dangerous and could help in this game philosophy. :) [/quote]

The only reason that is our game plan is because we cant stop the run. If we were able to things would be different.

[quote name='BengalTillIDie' post='175670' date='Oct 24 2005, 11:28 AM']Agree that we need to be able to stuff the run and that is probably highest priority right now. But if our strategy is to take teams out of the run mode by jumping up on them or forcing them to throw more because of our offensive capability then a stud TE makes us even more dangerous and could help in this game philosophy. :) [/quote]

we have 4 eople who can catch and are faster than any TE in the league on the field on passing downs, there is no time to check down to a TE, i would rather perry get the ball than a TE anyday, a TE is great in the redzone, but thats about it, and outs are servicible in the redzone...

In FA/Draft we need the following to close the holes on this team.

Saftey (maybee two for depth)
Big Fat Athletic DTs (def two for depth)
and MAYBEE another Linebacker that has some strength
Oh and a Pass Rushing DE.

Thats it, were not that far off from being an great team. The holes are few, but I dont doubt in time they will be filled. Marvin wants to build through the draft and that takes longer than building through FA. Were alot like Indy, and it took Dungy a while to get the D fixed as well.

Guest Matt_Six
:rabbitwithapancakeonitshead:

Uhm... I wouldn't bail on our linebackers yet. They're young...

Simmons, Thurman, Johnson
Miller, Webster, Pollack

I wonder how Khalid Abdullah would have done on the outside.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='175678' date='Oct 24 2005, 11:37 AM']Big Fat Athletic DTs (def two for depth)[/quote]

How about two to start, not just two for depth?

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='175684' date='Oct 24 2005, 11:40 AM'][quote name='Jamie_B' post='175678' date='Oct 24 2005, 11:37 AM']

Big Fat Athletic DTs (def two for depth)[/quote]

How about two to start, not just two for depth?
[/quote]

You got the inside track, what the heck is up with Askew?

Guest oldschooler
[img]http://ugasports.net/media/photo/2004/spring/040401053.JPG[/img]

Class:
Junior

Hometown:
Americus, Ga.

High School:
Americus

Last College:
Hargrave Military

Height / Weight:
6-7 / 250