Do we draft a CB or...

do we go after Chris McAlister and line him up with Deltha?

[quote]Expect the Ravens to trade or cut CB Chris McAlister. He has elite talent, but he irritated the team by missing the final game with a mysterious injury. Many members of the coaching staff believe McAlister didn't play hard in 2005, and a change of scenery might be best for both parties.
-TSN[/quote]

Ed Reed is NOT going anywhere lol, I wish. Ed and Madieu... I just messed my pants... but aint going to happen.

[quote name='mtrbur' post='202815' date='Jan 12 2006, 08:16 PM']Demps isn't bad, is he strong or free[/quote]

Demps is a FS he would be a back up here.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='202820' date='Jan 12 2006, 08:21 PM']If McAlister is cut, I would pay him superstar money. Fuck it. To have Deltha and McAlister in a tandum is worth it. Give him big money for 06, with reductions afterwards. Find a way to fit that in with some of the O-lineman, then draft a safety and I am fine going with that defense into the 06 season.[/quote]

Agreed, 1000000000%

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='Jungletiger' post='202816' date='Jan 12 2006, 08:17 PM']Ed Reed is NOT going anywhere lol, I wish. Ed and Madieu... I just messed my pants... but aint going to happen.

[quote name='mtrbur' post='202815' date='Jan 12 2006, 08:16 PM']
Demps isn't bad, is he strong or free[/quote]

Demps is a FS he would be a back up here.
[/quote]

I too would like to see Demps on our team. And as Beotch mentioned, Marvin doesn't look at a player as a SS or FS. He wants them versatile.

Guest Whodey420
Can Chris McCallister stop the run??....I dont mean after the RB has already gained 5+ yards either....
We dump a bunch of money on this guy and were in the same boat as last year.....getting run the fuck
over, no pressure on the QB and hoping we get alot of INT's....

[quote name='Whodey420' post='203125' date='Jan 13 2006, 09:14 AM']Can Chris McCallister stop the run??....I dont mean after the RB has already gained 5+ yards either....
We dump a bunch of money on this guy and were in the same boat as last year.....getting run the fuck
over, no pressure on the QB and hoping we get alot of INT's....[/quote]

Thats why I say only if if the price is right.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='202820' date='Jan 12 2006, 08:22 PM']If McAlister is cut, I would pay him superstar money. Fuck it. To have Deltha and McAlister in a tandum is worth it. Give him big money for 06, with reductions afterwards. Find a way to fit that in with some of the O-lineman, then draft a safety and I am fine going with that defense into the 06 season.[/quote]

I also would love to have him BUT ----------------

What about the 5 starting offensive lineman who's contracts are up?

Who is going to play the other safety spot? Herring is old.
Does he boost the D-line? Will he stop the run?

No corner can cover for more than 5-8 seconds.

Our corners are good enough if we get pressure on the QB. Ratliff will eventully take over for James. Williams will be back but we need another safety, a pass rusher and a run stopper or two !!!

Corners are only as good as the pass rush !!!!

Some of these answers are likely already on the roster, some not.

Does a new run stopper free up J Smith to become the pass rusher as he is now there best run stopper--- or do we even resign Smith? Does a run stopper free up Gathers to become the pass rusher or J Smith's replacment? Will Askew, Fanene or S Smith become the run stuffer ????

Guest Claptonrocks
If the Bengals went after any Raven I would hope it would be Ma'ake Kemoeatu... 6'5" 350lbs DT...He may not be the best DT in the NFL but he's good.. better than anyone we have imo...

Guest schotzee
[quote name='Claptonrocks' post='203143' date='Jan 13 2006, 09:48 AM']If the Bengals went after any Raven I would hope it would be Ma'ake Kemoeatu... 6'5" 350lbs DT...He may not be the best DT in the NFL but he's good.. better than anyone we have imo...[/quote]

Definitely agree to that,and he's only like 26 y/o.

Guest Claptonrocks
[quote name='schotzee' post='203145' date='Jan 13 2006, 09:53 AM'][quote name='Claptonrocks' post='203143' date='Jan 13 2006, 09:48 AM']
If the Bengals went after any Raven I would hope it would be Ma'ake Kemoeatu... 6'5" 350lbs DT...He may not be the best DT in the NFL but he's good.. better than anyone we have imo...[/quote]

Definitely agree to that,and he's only like 26 y/o.
[/quote]

Think about this too.. He's been in the AFCN all his carreer....He knows the divison's offensive lines and running backs tendencies veery well...

Charles Woodson is too old to get superstar money, but he would make a great addition.

Offseason priority number 1 should be to lock up our O-line long term (Eric and Levi mainly). After that, look at the money situation and see what we can afford. We definitely need to get a new corner, no doubt about it, but if we spend big money in FA or through a trade, it better be a big fat run-stuffing DT. If there's an ex-Raven in orange and black next year, I agree it should be Kemoeatu.

Guest Bengal_Smoov
I hope we don't go throwing alot of money around in FA this year as we can add the players we need through the draft. I hope they keep the trend of re-signing talented guys going this year and re-up with O-line and other guys on defense.

One or two FA's is all that is needed on defense as we do have talent. Once guys get healthy(Madieu, Nate..) and more experience (Odell, Pollack, Geathers) one or two players could make the difference and turn the unit into a contender.

JT and Tory are making big bucks and one is slowing down and another stated that he was leaving in the offseason. It will be interesting to see what happens with these guys.

Archived