You were saying?

[quote name='Idioteque' post='204155' date='Jan 15 2006, 05:43 PM']OK, let's hear it........ what excuse ya got for me?[/quote]
Dude your talking shit on the wrong board. Look at the top of your screen, it says www.go-bengals.com not go colts or go steelers. :wave:

That was one of the best defensive playoff performances on the road I have ever seen. Polamalu is a beast. Maybe when his contract is up he can come play for the Bengals alongside Madieu Williams. Congratulations....and you didn't even have to take out Manning's knee to do it!
That was as exciting of a finish to a game as I have seen. Your fingernails must be nubs by now...admit it, you were starting to sweat when Bettis uncharacteristically fumbled when he should have scored a TD to win the game....

[quote name='Bunghole' post='204160' date='Jan 15 2006, 05:47 PM']That was one of the best defensive playoff performances on the road I have ever seen. Polamalu is a beast. Maybe when his contract is up he can come play for the Bengals alongside Madieu Williams. Congratulations....and you didn't even have to take out Manning's knee to do it!
That was as exciting of a finish to a game as I have seen. Your fingernails must be nubs by now...admit it, you were starting to sweat when Bettis uncharacteristically fumbled when he should have scored a TD to win the game....[/quote]

My heart rate is not normal. At all.

Are you guys ever going to stop whining about Palmer's injury?

[quote name='Idioteque' post='204181' date='Jan 15 2006, 06:05 PM'][quote name='Bunghole' post='204160' date='Jan 15 2006, 05:47 PM']
That was one of the best defensive playoff performances on the road I have ever seen. Polamalu is a beast. Maybe when his contract is up he can come play for the Bengals alongside Madieu Williams. Congratulations....and you didn't even have to take out Manning's knee to do it!
That was as exciting of a finish to a game as I have seen. Your fingernails must be nubs by now...admit it, you were starting to sweat when Bettis uncharacteristically fumbled when he should have scored a TD to win the game....[/quote]

[/quote]
I never whine. I simply stick to my conviction that the play was dirty, and everyone with a brain knows that [i]at a bare minimum [/i]the game would have had a completely different look had Palmer not been taken out. As in, a [i]much[/i] closer game without Shitna in there.
But, I'm over it (other than the fact that I will take to my deathbed the belief that the play was shady as shit, but nothing can be done about it now except hope that we can return the favor next season for ben) and you guys played a HECK of a game against a team that just didn't look at all like itself for most of the game, partly due to your defensive pressure and partly due to poor o-line protection, rust and a plethora of intangibles.
Wuold you please ask Bill Cowher to give us Polamalu for Jon Kitna, straight up? :wave:

Look, Kitna was dynamite for 2.5 quarters. If I'm not mistaken, he was something like 18/22 in the first half, with a halftime lead. Then, he melted down in the second half. You're acting like Palmer has never melted down Remember the first Steeler-Bengal game? Two first-half picks, offense loses steam, Steelers win. While Palmer would have made a bit of a difference, he's not Mr. Invincible.

Secondly, why would the classiest player on the Steeler D decide to cheap-shot Palmer? Had Porter, Troy, Hope, or Ike made the hit, I could see your point. But Kimo is a classy guy with several close friends on the Bengals. Let's be serious here - it was an unfortunate hit that NONE of us wanted to see, but nothing dirty.

[quote name='Idioteque' post='204190' date='Jan 15 2006, 06:18 PM']Look, Kitna was dynamite for 2.5 quarters. If I'm not mistaken, he was something like 18/22 in the first half, with a halftime lead. Then, he melted down in the second half. You're acting like Palmer has never melted down Remember the first Steeler-Bengal game? Two first-half picks, offense loses steam, Steelers win. While Palmer would have made a bit of a difference, he's not Mr. Invincible.

Secondly, why would the classiest player on the Steeler D decide to cheap-shot Palmer? Had Porter, Troy, Hope, or Ike made the hit, I could see your point. But Kimo is a classy guy with several close friends on the Bengals. Let's be serious here - it was an unfortunate hit that NONE of us wanted to see, but nothing dirty.[/quote]
Kitna was NOT dynamite....he was simply getting what the Steeler defense was giving him, which was a bunch of short and midrange over the middle stuff as we dinked and dunked our way to a close 17-14 lead.
While the Steelers were busy making defensive adjustments to take that away from us, we were busy melting down in the locker room. And then we stopped handing the ball off to Rudi which didn't give us any defensive honesty from the Steelers because we got so pass-crazy with a mediocre passer.
The hit may not have been intentional in terms of injury, but he certainly could have abated his progress towards Carson's knee, NOT latched onto it, NOT driven his shoulder THROUGH it and NOT twisted it after that. It was bush league, despite what Kimo and the Bengals players have said about it. PR is everything to the NFL, as is political correctness.

[quote name='VonBlade' post='204230' date='Jan 15 2006, 07:11 PM']That reversal of the fluff-headed ones interception was bullshit though.

As much as it pains me to say it. And it fucking does.[/quote]
It's true. The refs blew that call. The game basically would have been over right there. Dudes, Polamalu is THAT good AND he plays for the fucking Steelers. Damn it....

[quote name='Bunghole' post='204187' date='Jan 15 2006, 07:13 PM'][quote name='Idioteque' post='204181' date='Jan 15 2006, 06:05 PM']
[quote name='Bunghole' post='204160' date='Jan 15 2006, 05:47 PM']

[/quote]
I never whine. I simply stick to my conviction that the play was dirty, and everyone with a brain knows that [i]at a bare minimum [/i]the game would have had a completely different look had Palmer not been taken out. As in, a [i]much[/i] closer game without Shitna in there.
But, I'm over it (other than the fact that I will take to my deathbed the belief that the play was shady as shit, but nothing can be done about it now except hope that we can return the favor next season for ben) and you guys played a HECK of a game against a team that just didn't look at all like itself for most of the game, partly due to your defensive pressure and partly due to poor o-line protection, rust and a plethora of intangibles.
Wuold you please ask Bill Cowher to give us Polamalu for Jon Kitna, straight up? :wave:
[/quote]
No...you guys whine...and whine...and whine.....

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='Idioteque' post='204155' date='Jan 15 2006, 04:43 PM']OK, let's hear it........ what excuse ya got for me?[/quote]

Why would you even come to a Bengals board
after such a big win against the Colts ?

You`re team just had a huge win that put`s
them into the AFC Championship game.
And what do you do ? Go to a Bengals
board to gloat ?!!!!! :lol:

My God some of you fucking Steelers fans
are so pathetic. You obviously have
inferiority complexes and self esteem issues.

You should seek professional help...seriously.

[quote name='steggyD' post='204191' date='Jan 15 2006, 07:19 PM']Uhh, yeah, do we get Steelers fans here after every game they win now? Will this carry on through next season?[/quote]

lets see here....can we say Hypocrite?
[url="http://www.steelernation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=210574#post210574"]http://www.steelernation.com/forums/showth...0574#post210574[/url]

steggy AFTER Colts game:
"Yeah. I wanted so bad for you guys to lose..."
"....since I was rooting against you."

what a pud, so can we expect you at our board after every steeler win now?

Guest steggyD
[quote name='Clinton3' post='204654' date='Jan 16 2006, 10:23 AM'][quote name='steggyD' post='204191' date='Jan 15 2006, 07:19 PM']
Uhh, yeah, do we get Steelers fans here after every game they win now? Will this carry on through next season?[/quote]

lets see here....can we say Hypocrite?
[url="http://www.steelernation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=210574#post210574"]http://www.steelernation.com/forums/showth...0574#post210574[/url]

steggy AFTER Colts game:
"Yeah. I wanted so bad for you guys to lose..."
"....since I was rooting against you."

what a pud, so can we expect you at our board after every steeler win now?
[/quote]
You dumbass. I addressed the issue in that post. I didn't talk shit. I was showing that even I saw that the call was bad, and I was completely against you guys. It was necessary for me to show that I had an unbiased opinion, unlike the Steelers' fans.

Guest bengalrick

congrats steelers fans... i hate you, but you are playing lights out right now... good luck (not really, i hope denver dismantles you :D )

i would expect the same respect from the steelers fans, if we were in the same position though.....

Archived