NFL DRAFT!

safeties!  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Out of this years draft, wich safety would you most want to draft?

• Michael Huff
    • Darnell Bing
    • Ko Simpson
    • Jason Allen
    • Roman Harper
    • Bernard Pollard
    • Greg Blue
    • Donte Whitner
    • Daniel Bullocks
    • Pat Watkins
    • Other

As we all know Madieu Williams is coming back, however at the other safety we have a big void to fill. In your opinion which safety from the draft could impact our team and be a playmaker for years to come? If you no so excited by any of these safeties in this years draft which safety would you like to pick up in free agency?
WHO DEY!!!!

[quote name='cantstop85' post='204855' date='Jan 16 2006, 05:56 PM']As we all know Madieu Williams is coming back, however at the other safety we have a big void to fill. In your opinion which safety from the draft could impact our team and be a playmaker for years to come? If you no so excited by any of these safeties in this years draft which safety would you like to pick up in free agency?
WHO DEY!!!![/quote]

Michael huff,but will take alot of work via trades to move up andget him.

if we stay pat, Darnell Bing.

[quote name='Lawman' post='204857' date='Jan 16 2006, 05:59 PM'][quote name='cantstop85' post='204855' date='Jan 16 2006, 05:56 PM']
As we all know Madieu Williams is coming back, however at the other safety we have a big void to fill. In your opinion which safety from the draft could impact our team and be a playmaker for years to come? If you no so excited by any of these safeties in this years draft which safety would you like to pick up in free agency?
WHO DEY!!!![/quote]

Michael huff,but will take alot of work via trades to move up andget him.

if we stay pat, Darnell Bing.
[/quote]
I couldnt have sed it better my self my man!

Guest BlackJesus
[img]http://mirrorimageorigin.collegepublisher.com/media/paper247/stills/9m6g046j.jpg[/img]

[b][size=3]#10 Ko Simpson[/size]

[color="#990000"]as a Gamecock Fan I have seen this guy dominate games [/b][/color]

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='BlackJesus' post='204866' date='Jan 16 2006, 06:09 PM'][img]http://mirrorimageorigin.collegepublisher.com/media/paper247/stills/9m6g046j.jpg[/img]

[color="#990000"]as a Gamecock Fan I have seen this guy dominate games [/b][/color][/quote]

Those are some major hops...

Guest BlackJesus
[b][center][size=3]When Ko wraps you up ..... He wraps you up ....[/size]

[img]http://web.knoxnews.com/slideshows/1030usc/utsc1as.jpg[/img][/center][/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='204866' date='Jan 16 2006, 06:09 PM'][img]http://mirrorimageorigin.collegepublisher.com/media/paper247/stills/9m6g046j.jpg[/img]

[color="#990000"]as a Gamecock Fan I have seen this guy dominate games [/b][/color][/quote]
nice find with the pic! :headbang:

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='204871' date='Jan 16 2006, 06:13 PM'][b][center][size=3]When Ko wraps you up ..... He wraps you up ....[/size]

[img]http://web.knoxnews.com/slideshows/1030usc/utsc1as.jpg[/img][/center][/b][/quote]
OWNED

[quote name='WhoDey85' post='204875' date='Jan 16 2006, 06:19 PM']Greg Blue, the SS from Georgia, hits like a truck and also has the ability to cover the pass. He would be great teamed up with madieu.[/quote]

Ive heard that he might be around in the second round. Marvin could go with the Georgia product 2nd round and grab a Tight End liek Vernon Davis First round or even a D-lineman. your Thoughts?

[quote name='WhoDey85' post='204875' date='Jan 16 2006, 06:19 PM']Greg Blue, the SS from Georgia, hits like a truck [b]and also has the ability to cover the pass[/b]. He would be great teamed up with madieu.[/quote]

No, he can't. Not very well anyway.

On Greg Blue from NFLDraftCountdown.com:

Weaknesses:
Only intercepted two passes throughout his career with both coming as a senior...Focuses too much on making the big hit and fails to wrap up...Is too aggressive at times...Will take bad angles to the ball...Is not as good in coverage as he should be considering his measurables...Might be a bit of a workout warrior.

I saw a few Georgia games this year, and except for one really good hit, he didn't impress me.

[quote name='Jason' post='204896' date='Jan 16 2006, 06:57 PM'][quote name='WhoDey85' post='204875' date='Jan 16 2006, 06:19 PM']
Greg Blue, the SS from Georgia, hits like a truck [b]and also has the ability to cover the pass[/b]. He would be great teamed up with madieu.[/quote]

No, he can't. Not very well anyway.

On Greg Blue from NFLDraftCountdown.com:

Weaknesses:
Only intercepted two passes throughout his career with both coming as a senior...Focuses too much on making the big hit and fails to wrap up...Is too aggressive at times...Will take bad angles to the ball...Is not as good in coverage as he should be considering his measurables...Might be a bit of a workout warrior.

I saw a few Georgia games this year, and except for one really good hit, he didn't impress me.
[/quote]

Agreed.

I voted other - Anthony Smith, Syracuse. Underrated. Similar measurables to Madieu Williams. A Marvin type player who works his ass off on every play and has great leadership qualities. Big hitter and not bad in coverage. But most of all I like his special teams skills. He'd be a great fit for the Bengals, either as a starter or a very good backup.

Darneli Bing 6'2" 220 lbs.

from a Scouting Report Source

Pros: Great size and speed combo. Is mature, and very imvolved in both the run and pass defense.

Cons: Is inconsistent with his reads. A little stiff at the hips. Has had trouble with attacking the line against smaller running backs.

Overall: [u]Has the tools and tenacity to become a pro bowl player at the next level[/u]. [color="#000099"]RB's are bigger in the nfl so he should become even more effective against the run since he is an enforcer and a presence [/color]

[quote name='gatorclaws' post='204918' date='Jan 16 2006, 07:44 PM']I've been hearing good things about LaRon Landry from LSU. I don't think that he's declared for the draft yet, but he's worth a look.[/quote]

If he hasn't declared by now (and I hear he hasn't) he's not eligible for this years draft. Yesterday was the deadline.

Guest schotzee
[quote name='Claptonrocks' post='204916' date='Jan 16 2006, 07:33 PM']Darnel Bing... " he reminds me of me at that age" Ronnie Lott....[/quote]

Is that what Ronnie Lott said?I voted for Bing already,but man if he is anything
like Lott we got to have him.

[quote name='Lawman' post='204936' date='Jan 16 2006, 08:23 PM'][quote name='Claptonrocks' post='204916' date='Jan 16 2006, 07:33 PM']
Darnel Bing... " he reminds me of me at that age" Ronnie Lott....[/quote]

Now that speaks volume :thumbsup: ...

...to those of us that actually watched Ronnie Lott play ;)
[/quote]

Does anyone else remember that Lott actually started his NFL career at CB? True.

[quote name='Jason' post='204938' date='Jan 16 2006, 08:24 PM'][quote name='Lawman' post='204936' date='Jan 16 2006, 08:23 PM']
[quote name='Claptonrocks' post='204916' date='Jan 16 2006, 07:33 PM']
Darnel Bing... " he reminds me of me at that age" Ronnie Lott....[/quote]

Now that speaks volume :thumbsup: ...

...to those of us that actually watched Ronnie Lott play ;)
[/quote]

Does anyone else remember that Lott actually started his NFL career at CB? True.
[/quote]

I thought the was a Rookie when we played them in the Super Bowl

Ronnie Lott, an All-America from Southern California, was the San Francisco 49ers’ first round draft pick and the eighth
player chosen overall in the 1981 National Football League Draft. The 6-0, 203-pound defensive back made an immediate impression and was named [u]the starting left cornerback from his first day in training camp.[/u]
In his first NFL season, Lott led a young secondary that helped the 49ers to win Super Bowl XVI. He became the second rookie in NFL history to return three interceptions for touchdowns. His outstanding play resulted in his finishing second to another defensive standout, Lawrence Taylor, for Rookie of the Year honors.

Known for his hard-hitting style, Lott was used at both left and right cornerback positions and as a free and strong safety during his 14-year career. The versatile defensive back earned 10 Pro Bowl invitations at three different positions – cornerback, free safety, and strong safety. It was, however, at free safety, where he had the freedom to cover the whole field, that he may have been most effective.

In 1986, he played 14 games at the free safety position before an injury sidelined him for the final two games of the season. Still, he led the league with a career-most 10 interceptions, recorded 77 tackles, three forced fumbles and two quarterback sacks. It was perhaps his finest season. During his career with the 49ers (1981-1990), Los Angeles Raiders (1991-1992), and the New York Jets (1993-1994) Lott recorded 63 career interceptions and twice led the league.

A complete player, he surpassed the 1,000-career tackle mark in 1993, and had five seasons of at least 100 tackles. In his ten seasons with the 49ers, San Francisco won eight NFC Western Division titles and four Super Bowls. In 20 playoff contests (all starts), he recorded nine interceptions, 89 tackles, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery, and two touchdowns.

It has been said that Lott had the uncanny ability of being able to sense the direction a play was about to take and then somehow disrupt it. “He’s like a middle linebacker playing safety,” Hall of Fame coach Tom Landry once remarked. “He’s devastating. He may dominate the secondary better than anyone I’ve seen.” Named All-Pro eight times, All-NFC six times, and All-AFC once, Lott was also named to the NFL’s 75th Anniversary Team.

Archived