NFL DRAFT!

safeties!  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Out of this years draft, wich safety would you most want to draft?

• Michael Huff
    • Darnell Bing
    • Ko Simpson
    • Jason Allen
    • Roman Harper
    • Bernard Pollard
    • Greg Blue
    • Donte Whitner
    • Daniel Bullocks
    • Pat Watkins
    • Other

[quote name='Tiger Stripes' post='204982' date='Jan 16 2006, 10:43 PM']i like nate salley. wasnt he a senior this year? where is he projected to go?[/quote]
NATE SALLEY....6-3 215 lbs a senior from Ohio State mid to late round maybe undrafted depending on combine results.

[quote name='EnglishBengal' post='204900' date='Jan 16 2006, 07:12 PM']I voted other - Anthony Smith, Syracuse. Underrated. Similar measurables to Madieu Williams. A Marvin type player who works his ass off on every play and has great leadership qualities. Big hitter and not bad in coverage. But most of all I like his special teams skills. He'd be a great fit for the Bengals, either as a starter or a very good backup.[/quote]

I voted Other...With Anthony Smith in mind.

He just seems like the right fit to me.

(Simpson and Bing are ok in my books...But I am thinking a DE in Rd.1)

BZ

Guest Spor_tees

Greg Threat might be a great 3rd round pick or later if we were to take Leonard Pope in the first round. He was the leading tackler on the team and has 6'2" 193 size, but hits much harder. I'd be interested eventhough I hate Miami U. Bing lost my confidence late in the season with the Fresno State game where he couldn't cover a goal post if he had to.

:ninja:

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='205026' date='Jan 16 2006, 11:41 PM'][size=5][b]Ko Simpson, South Carolina[/b][/size]
[img]http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper247/stills/rt525aa5.jpg[/img]

[b]--OR--[/b]

[size=5][b]Darnell Bing, USC[/b][/size]
[img]http://www.nflsmackdown.com/images/bing.jpg[/img][/quote]

nice pics

Guest starkesn
I'm going out on a limb and saying we will take two safteys in this draft. Think about it. Herring isn't very good, is past his prime, Ohelete is gone (thank God) and Mitchell should stay on Special teams. While having a rookie backing up a rookie is a risk, we will need better depth so that we don't end up like we did this season in relying on Ohelete. I think we will pass on the top flight SS's in the draft and pick up Pollard in the second round, maybe even third depending on his combine. I think we can also afford to take another saftey in the third round, my guess would be Harper because even if he can't beat out Pollard for the starting role, he is a Marvin type of player who will work hard even if he is just on special teams. I assume we will get another 3rd rounder because we will allow Kelly Washington to go, so it would be a smart move to take more than one.

[quote name='starkesn' post='205099' date='Jan 17 2006, 01:15 AM']I'm going out on a limb and saying we will take two safteys in this draft. Think about it. Herring isn't very good, is past his prime, Ohelete is gone (thank God) and Mitchell should stay on Special teams. While having a rookie backing up a rookie is a risk, we will need better depth so that we don't end up like we did this season in relying on Ohelete. I think we will pass on the top flight SS's in the draft and pick up Pollard in the second round, maybe even third depending on his combine. I think we can also afford to take another saftey in the third round, my guess would be Harper because even if he can't beat out Pollard for the starting role, he is a Marvin type of player who will work hard even if he is just on special teams. I assume we will get another 3rd rounder because we will allow Kelly Washington to go, so it would be a smart move to take more than one.[/quote]

Well said, and I tend to agree about getting 2 safties in the draft. Or maybe pick up a solid back up from the FA instead of 2 in the draft.

Out of the choices given I went with Huff, but after hearing what Ronnie had to say I would love for us to get Bing. Lott and Woodson are some of the best DB's I've seen play in the recent past, and if Bings plays like that, we couldn't go wrong.

[quote name='Bengals_12th_Man' post='205100' date='Jan 17 2006, 01:22 AM'][quote name='starkesn' post='205099' date='Jan 17 2006, 01:15 AM']
I'm going out on a limb and saying we will take two safteys in this draft. Think about it. Herring isn't very good, is past his prime, Ohelete is gone (thank God) and Mitchell should stay on Special teams. While having a rookie backing up a rookie is a risk, we will need better depth so that we don't end up like we did this season in relying on Ohelete. I think we will pass on the top flight SS's in the draft and pick up Pollard in the second round, maybe even third depending on his combine. I think we can also afford to take another saftey in the third round, my guess would be Harper because even if he can't beat out Pollard for the starting role, he is a Marvin type of player who will work hard even if he is just on special teams. I assume we will get another 3rd rounder because we will allow Kelly Washington to go, so it would be a smart move to take more than one.[/quote]

Well said, and I tend to agree about getting 2 safties in the draft. Or maybe pick up a solid back up from the FA instead of 2 in the draft.

Out of the choices given I went with Huff, but after hearing what Ronnie had to say I would love for us to get Bing. Lott and Woodson are some of the best DB's I've seen play in the recent past, and if Bings plays like that, we couldn't go wrong.
[/quote]

That is a great idea! get 2 safety's and or maybe one rookie and 1 free agent. :headbang:

Guest Bengals1181

[quote name='cantstop85' post='205129' date='Jan 17 2006, 07:10 AM'][quote name='Bengals_12th_Man' post='205100' date='Jan 17 2006, 01:22 AM']
[quote name='starkesn' post='205099' date='Jan 17 2006, 01:15 AM']
I'm going out on a limb and saying we will take two safteys in this draft. Think about it. Herring isn't very good, is past his prime, Ohelete is gone (thank God) and Mitchell should stay on Special teams. While having a rookie backing up a rookie is a risk, we will need better depth so that we don't end up like we did this season in relying on Ohelete. I think we will pass on the top flight SS's in the draft and pick up Pollard in the second round, maybe even third depending on his combine. I think we can also afford to take another saftey in the third round, my guess would be Harper because even if he can't beat out Pollard for the starting role, he is a Marvin type of player who will work hard even if he is just on special teams. I assume we will get another 3rd rounder because we will allow Kelly Washington to go, so it would be a smart move to take more than one.[/quote]

[/quote]

That is a great idea! get 2 safety's and or maybe one rookie and 1 free agent. :headbang:
[/quote]

yea I think we'll pick up a reasonably decent free agent so that we don't have to start the rookie right away.

Our team is past the point where it needs to, nor can it afford to, have rookies learning on the job.

Guest fredtoast
Jason Allen will be the steal of the draft [b]IF[/b] he is healthy. Right now that is a big "if". Before this season he was projected as a first round pick at CB, but in '04 he played safety and led the SEC in tackles. He is not famous for his big hits, but he doesn't miss tackles. Personally I'd much rather have a guy like him who wraps up and brings the guy down instead of a head hunter who always goes for the knockout and ends up wiffing on a lot of tackles.

I think it is much more likely that we will get Ko (K.O. what a nickname!) Simpson. Huff and Bing will be gone by the time we pick, but Simpson is a stud. I'd have no problkems with us drafting him. If we don't go for a safety in the first round then maybe Allen will still be there in the second.

Guest BlackJesus
[b][size=2]2006 Bengals Draft [/size]

[size=3]PLAN A[/size]

Rd 1 - SS
Rd 2 - DT
Rd 3 - DT
Rd 4 - FS

[size=3]PLAN B[/size]

Rd 1 - DT
Rd 2 - SS
Rd 3 - FS
Rd 4 - DT[/b]

Guest fredtoast
[quote name='BlackJesus' post='205211' date='Jan 17 2006, 11:08 AM'][b][size=2]2006 Bengals Draft [/size]

[size=3]PLAN A[/size]

Rd 1 - SS
Rd 2 - DT
Rd 3 - DT
Rd 4 - FS

[size=3]PLAN B[/size]

Rd 1 - DT
Rd 2 - SS
Rd 3 - FS
Rd 4 - DT[/b][/quote]

Don't forget that we will probably get an extra #3 from whatever team signs Kelley washington.

[quote name='fredtoast' post='205214' date='Jan 17 2006, 11:11 AM'][quote name='BlackJesus' post='205211' date='Jan 17 2006, 11:08 AM']
[b][size=2]2006 Bengals Draft [/size]

[size=3]PLAN A[/size]

Rd 1 - SS
Rd 2 - DT
Rd 3 - DT
Rd 4 - FS

[size=3]PLAN B[/size]

Rd 1 - DT
Rd 2 - SS
Rd 3 - FS
Rd 4 - DT[/b][/quote]

Don't forget that we will probably get an extra #3 from whatever team signs Kelley washington.
[/quote]

I hope this happens so that we can get an additional player! Quick thought!!!!.....Vernon Davis from my hometown Maryland would be a great pick at TE or Mercedes Lewis from UCLA at Tight End picking up one of these players early in the draft might not be a bad option b4 we pick all these defensive players. Like in the Plan A & B we get a free safety i dont get that why, wouldnt that be a TE? we could get TE SS DT and then the extra 3rd from kelley washington. Thats my 2 cents! :D

Archived