Genuine Wishes and an honest question

Guest t-man

Hello all, I wanted to say first off congrats on a hell of a season. I will tell you right now I am a Steeler fan, and have always been, but my dad got me hooked on football, and while his team of choice was the Steelers, he just loved football. He liked watching Montana throw those quick routes, he liked watching Elway bring a team from behind, he liked watching the 85 Bears D shut teams down, and he always liked the Bengals as a second favorite from the AFC. I have to admit, two years ago when the Steelers were totally out of the playoffs I told my wife "Man, I hope the Bengals get there and to well for the AFC. They deserve it as much as anyone with all the years they have had since Boomer left town and the team went to hell". I've always hated the Ravens, even when they were the Browns, and I still hate the Browns.

My point to all this is, if you love football, you can't help but love what Palmer was doing this year, hell even Chad Johnson didn't really bother me with his "list" but to see some of the stuff that has been flying around the Steelers board, the fact that several Bengal players have stated there was no intent to hurn Palmer, and the fact that the ONLY people who are going this nuts are a select few Bengals fans, that's just too much. Seriously, Kimo used to BE a Bengal, people who knew him from you own team said he would not do such a thing, and he's been around a while, don't you think if he had a habit of going after qb's knees he'd have gotten a few by now?

I've been though Bubby Brister, Neil O'Donnell, Mark Malone, Cliff Stoudt, Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, and KENT GHRAM for crying out loud, I know it sucks to lose a good quarterback in a big game, but he'll be back. Your team has a bright future. I hope you can all take this in the spirit it was intended but judging from what I've read so far, my guess is that won't be the case. I hope you don't become the new Baltimore Ravens with the thug type of attitudes that have been obvious since an unintentional injury knocked out your bright young star, but if that's the direction your fan base moves, then remember how you felt about all the loser comments people like Siragusa used to make about mauling other teams fans in the restrooms and know that's the reputation you'll have to look forward too. I for one don't think that has any place in football, it's a mans sport after all.

Joe

[quote name='t-man' post='208359' date='Jan 25 2006, 12:27 AM']Hello all, I wanted to say first off congrats on a hell of a season. I will tell you right now I am a Steeler fan, and have always been, but my dad got me hooked on football, and while his team of choice was the Steelers, he just loved football. He liked watching Montana throw those quick routes, he liked watching Elway bring a team from behind, he liked watching the 85 Bears D shut teams down, and he always liked the Bengals as a second favorite from the AFC. I have to admit, two years ago when the Steelers were totally out of the playoffs I told my wife "Man, I hope the Bengals get there and to well for the AFC. They deserve it as much as anyone with all the years they have had since Boomer left town and the team went to hell". I've always hated the Ravens, even when they were the Browns, and I still hate the Browns.

My point to all this is, if you love football, you can't help but love what Palmer was doing this year, hell even Chad Johnson didn't really bother me with his "list" but to see some of the stuff that has been flying around the Steelers board, the fact that several Bengal players have stated there was no intent to hurn Palmer, and the fact that the ONLY people who are going this nuts are a select few Bengals fans, that's just too much. Seriously, Kimo used to BE a Bengal, people who knew him from you own team said he would not do such a thing, and he's been around a while, don't you think if he had a habit of going after qb's knees he'd have gotten a few by now?

I've been though Bubby Brister, Neil O'Donnell, Mark Malone, Cliff Stoudt, Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, and KENT GHRAM for crying out loud, I know it sucks to lose a good quarterback in a big game, but he'll be back. Your team has a bright future. I hope you can all take this in the spirit it was intended but judging from what I've read so far, my guess is that won't be the case. I hope you don't become the new Baltimore Ravens with the thug type of attitudes that have been obvious since an unintentional injury knocked out your bright young star, but if that's the direction your fan base moves, then remember how you felt about all the loser comments people like Siragusa used to make about mauling other teams fans in the restrooms and know that's the reputation you'll have to look forward too. I for one don't think that has any place in football, it's a mans sport after all.

Joe[/quote]

actually someone who was a part of the team with him s a bengal said it was dirty, those still playing said the professional thing. as if the bengals will get any benifit of the doubt form anyone, as if the plethra of sportscasters sayin the steelers were gonna with the afc north and 15-1 wasnta fluke were going to contradict themselves and say the bengals woulda won if not for that play, ...gimme a break...

Guest fredtoast
How dare you compare us to those crzy Raven fans. If you ever post here again I am going to hunt you down, murder your entire family in front of your eyes, then chew off your head.

[quote name='fredtoast' post='208362' date='Jan 25 2006, 12:33 AM']How dare you compare us to those crzy Raven fans. If you ever post here again I am going to hunt you down, murder your entire family in front of your eyes, then chew off your head.[/quote]

Now that was funny :)

[/quote]

actually someone who was a part of the team with him s a bengal said it was dirty, those still playing said the professional thing. as if the bengals will get any benifit of the doubt form anyone, as if the plethra of sportscasters sayin the steelers were gonna with the afc north and 15-1 wasnta fluke were going to contradict themselves and say the bengals woulda won if not for that play, ...gimme a break...
[/quote]

Indeed they may have won, that's the thing about football, you just never know, but I know that the Bengals went on to take a pretty decent lead after that, and I was thinking jeez, the starting QB goes down and they are still taking it to the D. Luckily for the Steelers by the end of the game the tables had turned, but who can say what would have happened. I have watched that play again and again, and I just have to say, I don't see anything other than an attempted sack. If we were talking about Lloyd perhaps it's a different discussion, but I just don't see it on that play, he is falling, he doesn't intentionally spear and go low, he's being driven that way, and makes an attempt to tackle Palmer. No extra foot wrench during the takedown, etc. Again, think what you may, but If you are looking for a play to depict as a dirty play, take any unbiased audience and show them that one, then pop in a video of Jimmy Mac from the Bears gettin dropped on his head, and observe what a "dirty" play is.

Joe

Archived