All Bob Huggins Team

Jason

I got this idea from another board I go to. Since the Huggins era is now over, WHo would you have as the All Huggins UC starters and bench - 12 players total.

PF - Danny Fortson
SF - Ruben Patterson (this was a tough one, a lot of good ones, but none dominant, and he had the best NBA career)
C - Kenyon Martin
PG - Nick Van Exel
SG - LaZelle Durden

[b]6th Man[/b] - Steve Logan (Logan was a tough one. He was such a good player, but I think Nick was a little better as a PG, and Logan is a little small for SG.)

[b]Bench:[/b]
Terry Nelson
Herb Jones
Ryan Fletcher
Melvin Levett
Corrie Blount
Pete Michael

The following players didn't quite make the team:

Could have if Huggs didn't try to make him a PG
Damon Flint

Would have if they stayed:
DerMar Johnson
Dantonio Winfield

I would have chose Bobby Brannen for the bench before Ryan Fletcher. And I would have had
Darnell Burton before him. Its a good team though.

I would also give

Art Long
Curtis Bostic
Imaunel McElroy
Leonard Stokes
and Kenny Saterfield

as honorable mentions

Good topic... I think an all-Bob Thuggins team would look something more like:

PF - Ron Artest
SF - Tupac
C - Tonya Harding's body guard
PG - The Unibomber
SG - Dick Cheney

You can't count out any of the great players that actually played under Thuggins, so on the bench:
-Art Long who punched a police horse 4 times
-Donald Little who kidnapped and tortured his roommate
-Eric Hicks who hit a woman in the head with a beer bottle at a bar
-B.J. Grove who beat his pregnant girlfriend
-Armein Kirkland who beat and bit his girlfriend (she dropped the charges)
-either of the other 2 Bearcats arrested since 1995
-And of course, the one that made it, Kenyon Martin who leads the NBA in flagrant fouls

[quote name='Jason' post='219782' date='Feb 18 2006, 02:04 PM']I got this idea from another board I go to. Since the Huggins era is now over, WHo would you have as the All Huggins UC starters and bench - 12 players total.

PF - Danny Fortson
SF - Ruben Patterson (this was a tough one, a lot of good ones, but none dominant, and he had the best NBA career)
C - Kenyon Martin
PG - Nick Van Exel
SG - LaZelle Durden

[b]6th Man[/b] - Steve Logan (Logan was a tough one. He was such a good player, but I think Nick was a little better as a PG, and Logan is a little small for SG.)

Terry Nelson
Herb Jones
Ryan Fletcher
Melvin Levett
Corrie Blount

Pete Michael

Damon Flint

DerMar Johnson
Dantonio Winfield[/quote]

Great topic Jason. Do you like any game in particular on the Bob Huggins era??? I still remember and I had that game taped,(but lost it) the 98'Great Alaska Shootout' against Duke....remember how that game ended???
:headbang:

[quote name='SCARFACE_BENGAL' post='219888' date='Feb 18 2006, 11:35 PM'][quote name='Jason' post='219782' date='Feb 18 2006, 02:04 PM']
I got this idea from another board I go to. Since the Huggins era is now over, WHo would you have as the All Huggins UC starters and bench - 12 players total.

PF - Danny Fortson
C - Kenyon Martin
PG - Nick Van Exel
SG - LaZelle Durden

Terry Nelson
Herb Jones
Ryan Fletcher
Melvin Levett
Corrie Blount

Pete Michael

Damon Flint

DerMar Johnson

Great topic Jason. Do you like any game in particular on the Bob Huggins era??? I still remember and I had that game taped,(but lost it) the 98'Great Alaska Shootout' against Duke....remember how that game ended???
[/quote]

Yes, I remember that ending VERY well.

I think my favorite was the DePaul game Kenyon's senior year. He willed that team to a win by dominating the second half, and I think that was a triple double game for him too.

[quote name='Jason' post='219782' date='Feb 18 2006, 02:04 PM']I got this idea from another board I go to. Since the Huggins era is now over, WHo would you have as the All Huggins UC starters and bench - 12 players total.

PF - Danny Fortson
C - Kenyon Martin
PG - Nick Van Exel
SG - LaZelle Durden

Terry Nelson
Herb Jones
Ryan Fletcher
Melvin Levett
Corrie Blount
Pete Michael

Damon Flint

DerMar Johnson

pf Fortson
sf Brannen
c K Mart
sg Logan (he excelled as a shooting guard)
pg Van Exel

6th man Darnell Burton

bench
Patterson
Blount
Maxiel
Mickeal
Durden
Hicks

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='Jason' post='219894' date='Feb 18 2006, 11:43 PM'][quote name='SCARFACE_BENGAL' post='219888' date='Feb 18 2006, 11:35 PM']
[quote name='Jason' post='219782' date='Feb 18 2006, 02:04 PM']

PF - Danny Fortson
C - Kenyon Martin
PG - Nick Van Exel
SG - LaZelle Durden

Terry Nelson
Herb Jones
Ryan Fletcher
Melvin Levett
Corrie Blount

Pete Michael

Damon Flint

DerMar Johnson

[/quote]

I think my favorite was the DePaul game Kenyon's senior year. He willed that team to a win by dominating the second half, and I think that was a triple double game for him too.
[/quote]

we should forget about the Great Alaska Shootout in 98, ok? :angry:

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='223706' date='Feb 27 2006, 04:00 PM'][quote name='Jason' post='219894' date='Feb 18 2006, 11:43 PM']
[quote name='SCARFACE_BENGAL' post='219888' date='Feb 18 2006, 11:35 PM']

PF - Danny Fortson
C - Kenyon Martin
PG - Nick Van Exel
SG - LaZelle Durden

Terry Nelson
Herb Jones
Ryan Fletcher
Melvin Levett
Corrie Blount

Pete Michael

Damon Flint

DerMar Johnson

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Duke fan?

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='Jason' post='223722' date='Feb 27 2006, 04:31 PM'][quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='223706' date='Feb 27 2006, 04:00 PM']
[quote name='Jason' post='219894' date='Feb 18 2006, 11:43 PM']

PF - Danny Fortson
C - Kenyon Martin
PG - Nick Van Exel
SG - LaZelle Durden

Terry Nelson
Herb Jones
Ryan Fletcher
Melvin Levett
Corrie Blount

Pete Michael

Damon Flint

DerMar Johnson

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Duke fan?
[/quote]

since birth...

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='224417' date='Feb 28 2006, 10:05 PM'][quote name='Jason' post='223722' date='Feb 27 2006, 04:31 PM']
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='223706' date='Feb 27 2006, 04:00 PM']

PF - Danny Fortson
C - Kenyon Martin
PG - Nick Van Exel
SG - LaZelle Durden

Terry Nelson
Herb Jones
Ryan Fletcher
Melvin Levett
Corrie Blount

Pete Michael

Damon Flint

DerMar Johnson

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Duke fan?
[/quote]

since birth...
[/quote]

Too bad my friend, that game is one of my favorite ones of all time... :headbang:

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='SCARFACE_BENGAL' post='224423' date='Feb 28 2006, 10:13 PM'][quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='224417' date='Feb 28 2006, 10:05 PM']
[quote name='Jason' post='223722' date='Feb 27 2006, 04:31 PM']
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='223706' date='Feb 27 2006, 04:00 PM']

PF - Danny Fortson
C - Kenyon Martin
PG - Nick Van Exel
SG - LaZelle Durden

Terry Nelson
Herb Jones
Ryan Fletcher
Melvin Levett
Corrie Blount

Pete Michael

Damon Flint

DerMar Johnson

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Duke fan?
[/quote]

since birth...
[/quote]

Too bad my friend, that game is one of my favorite ones of all time... :headbang:
[/quote]

its alright, ill enjoy all the national title victories i got to witness :headbang:

the best thing about being a duke fan is my grandma is a big time UK fan and she watched taht 1992 game with me and my dad. as soon as the game ended my dad would throw me a ball and i would turn and shoot it into our little fisher price 5 foot baksetball hoop we had in the house. lets just say my grandma left our house not very happy that day.

Archived