Big people unite

MULLY

Hey, I'm currently trying to drop a few pounds. Anyone else on here doing the same? I started a mailing list on yahoo groups. If anyone wants to join we can use it to mail back and forth for just about anything. recipes, advice, excercise tips, or fuck, just to keep each other motivated. Nothing bad can come out of this. If anyone is interested the address to the group page is

[email=lets_drop_it-subscribe@yahoogroups.com]lets_drop_it-subscribe@yahoogroups.com[/email]

All you need is a yahoo account. Just send a mail to the address above and that should take care of it. Now, I've got another mailling list on there that I've had for years and I've never had any problems with spam or garbage coming from it. Anyway, I hope to see some of you around there.
MULLY

Alright....the big arms thread has encouraged me to get fit...(not that fit!!!)
Mully and WhoDey319 mentioned they want to get fit... your not the only ones that want to drop a few and
feel better...I've launched myself into a whole extra human being and I'm tired
of it... I need to get back to my "fine" self....after my son was born, I've let
myself go because I can't seem to find time to exercise but if I was challenged by
you guys, I might work harder on finding that time and eating right......SO I'M CHALLENGING YOU TO
GET FIT WITH ME....you can list your beginning weight if you want but being a female, there
is NO WAY IN HELL I will list my weight....I will list each week the honest amount
of lbs I lose or gain....

anyone else want to join the fun???? It's easier to start watching what you eat in the middle of the week
so I propose we start promptly on MARCH 1ST (wed)....I think every week we list
how much weight we've lost and what you did or ate to lose it to encourage the others...
there is such cool Bengal gear that I want to wear and look good in so my personal goal
is to look better for the start of the 2006 season!!! My personal "get fit" plan involves whole wheat
products instead of things made from white flour (harder for the body to break down) more veggies, 1-3 miles on a treadmill 3-5 times a week and water by the gallons...
NO SODA POP.....not even diet!

so eat your cheesecake, McDonalds, Burger King and whatever before next week...

ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE????

why do I feel so gay starting a "get fit" thread? eh...who cares...if you don't
do it and I start looking HOT again...you'll be kicking yourselves in the asses!!!

LET'S DO IT!

Step 1) I'm going to try and cut out beer(well....at least during the week.....maybe)
step 2) Cut down on my caffiene(coffee consumption)...i have been drinking more green tea/less cofee as part of this...but extremely difficult. i probably drinking 2-4 pots a day i would guess
step 3) get off my ass and workout

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='220383' date='Feb 20 2006, 03:40 PM']Hey, I'm currently trying to drop a few pounds. Anyone else on here doing the same? I started a mailing list on yahoo groups. If anyone wants to join we can use it to mail back and forth for just about anything. recipes, advice, excercise tips, or fuck, just to keep each other motivated. Nothing bad can come out of this. If anyone is interested the address to the group page is

[email=lets_drop_it-subscribe@yahoogroups.com]lets_drop_it-subscribe@yahoogroups.com[/email]

All you need is a yahoo account. Just send a mail to the address above and that should take care of it. Now, I've got another mailling list on there that I've had for years and I've never had any problems with spam or garbage coming from it. Anyway, I hope to see some of you around there.
MULLY[/quote]

CRAP MULLY!!!... I didn't see this thread... sorry man!!! I with ya! I just
started a thread about challenging each other to get fit...I'll keep track here
and I'll try to do your mailing thing too!!

good luck!!

[quote name='Ben' post='220461' date='Feb 20 2006, 07:17 PM']Step 1) I'm going to try and cut out beer(well....at least during the week.....maybe)
step 2) Cut down on my caffiene(coffee consumption)...i have been drinking more green tea/less cofee as part of this...but extremely difficult. i probably drinking 2-4 pots a day i would guess
step 3) get off my ass and workout[/quote]

So I'm assuming YOUR IN....!!! (wether you like it or not!)

green tea is scrumpdiliumptious!....cutting caffeine is also a good move...thanks,
I will incorporate that!

Guest BlackJesus

[center][size=4] <_< Why would I want to decrease my gas tank of Love fuel ....[/size]
[img]http://www.acemakr.com/online/images/Howtospotarichguy-thumb.jpg[/img][/center]

[b]Nah in all seriousness I could afford to drop about 15 lbs so I am game I guess [/b]

I'm in. I'm not sure how much i need to lose.... Currently i'm arounc 5"11 and 180-185 pounds(i actually fluctuates at least 5 pounds every day).

I have small build though...if that makes any sense.... When i started working here in nov 2000 i weighed around 125-130.

If i can get rid of the beer gut and tone up...i dont really care what the scale says.

[quote name='BengalBeotch' post='220468' date='Feb 20 2006, 02:24 PM']green tea is scrumpdiliumptious!....cutting caffeine is also a good move...thanks,
I will incorporate that![/quote]

Yeah..i dont drink the bag tea either. All the asian people i know say tea bags are crap.,

I'm in as well. I've been getting up at 4:30 in the morning on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday every week since just after the new year. I've sort of fallen off the wagon diet wise lately, so a kick in the ass wouldn't hurt.

Just curious as to how caffeine affects weight loss. I'm addicted to coffee, so scare me and I'll quit.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='220484' date='Feb 20 2006, 02:46 PM']I'm in as well. I've been getting up at 4:30 in the morning on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday every week since just after the new year. I've sort of fallen off the wagon diet wise lately, so a kick in the ass wouldn't hurt.

Just curious as to how caffeine affects weight loss. I'm addicted to coffee, so scare me and I'll quit.[/quote]

I was just doing some reading on the googles and it seems to go back and forth. So the short answer is no.. I have a lot of stomach problems and I think the massive amounts of caffiene are part of the problem. As long as you drink you coffee "black", it dont think its a big deal.

//does caffiene cause you to hold water/bloating?

[quote name='Ben' post='220485' date='Feb 20 2006, 01:53 PM'][quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='220484' date='Feb 20 2006, 02:46 PM']
I'm in as well. I've been getting up at 4:30 in the morning on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday every week since just after the new year. I've sort of fallen off the wagon diet wise lately, so a kick in the ass wouldn't hurt.

Just curious as to how caffeine affects weight loss. I'm addicted to coffee, so scare me and I'll quit.[/quote]

I was just doing some reading on the googles and it seems to go back and forth. So the short answer is no.. I have a lot of stomach problems and I think the massive amounts of caffiene are part of the problem. As long as you drink you coffee "black", it dont think its a big deal.

[/quote]
Thanks. I feel better knowing I still have a crutch.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Ben' post='220485' date='Feb 20 2006, 02:53 PM'][quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='220484' date='Feb 20 2006, 02:46 PM']

[/quote]

I have some sort of stomach disease/ailment, also. It was mostly due to all the caffeine i was drinking and such. Delete caffeine from your diet, and you'll do loads better.

[quote name='BengalBeotch' post='220463' date='Feb 21 2006, 04:20 AM'][quote name='Fulcher_33' post='220383' date='Feb 20 2006, 03:40 PM']
Hey, I'm currently trying to drop a few pounds. Anyone else on here doing the same? I started a mailing list on yahoo groups. If anyone wants to join we can use it to mail back and forth for just about anything. recipes, advice, excercise tips, or fuck, just to keep each other motivated. Nothing bad can come out of this. If anyone is interested the address to the group page is

MULLY[/quote]

CRAP MULLY!!!... I didn't see this thread... sorry man!!! I with ya! I just
started a thread about challenging each other to get fit...I'll keep track here
and I'll try to do your mailing thing too!!

good luck!!
[/quote]

Thanks, Beotch. I started that list with the intentions of not taking up the space here with this stuff. The more the merrier.
MULLY

I'm in. I've been watching what I eat and exorcising for about 3 weeks now and have lost about 20 lbs so far. I've never done a "diet" before but figured since I've never been "skinny" before either it would be worth a shot. I must say, it takes a lot of effort to pack a lunch, work out even when I don't want to, and stay away from food right before I go to bed. It really hits my insomnia hard when I have those hunger pains while I'm hitting the sack. That is my hardest battle....

This really is a great idea, Mully.

Im not a "big" person, but I do have a small little gut, I could stand to lose about 15 to 20 lbs.

However I have a job interview tommorow and if I take it my schedule will change, so while I do want to join ya's I cant make the comitment untill I know what my schedule will be.

sweet!!! I would say everyone post back on every Wednesday with what you lost or didn't
lose....what you did for exercise and what kind of foods you ate to give the others receipes and
better ideas of things to eat....you definately get bored if you continue to eat the same thing
over and over again....

caffeine definately helps you hold water...if you can cut
your caffeine in half and drink more water you will see a big difference in your energy levels...
once I cut caffeine, I get headaches so be prepared if your a caffeine addict!

drinking lots of water is key also....(you will frequent the bathroom quite often UNTIL your body gets used to the excess water intake, it will then go back to normal but you'll go alot longer :D )

I will start this Wednesday..... :wave:

Guest BengalsOwn

I ate a salad one day for lunch last week :D

So, what do we do to motivate each other? That's my number one problem, total lack of motivation...

I've got equipment, a treadmill, a large multi task weight thing, and a rhythm bag down in the garage (right now I only use it when I'm smoking a cigarette and drinking a beer)

It's just hard to get off my ass when I come home from a long day at work.

I'm about 225ish right now, I would like to be around 190 or below ASAP.

uh..

i have been attempting the no caffine task, im about 300 lbs, i would like to be about 250, i think my ideal weight according to some health thing is like 180. fuck that.

the caffine thing kills me, i typically east cerreal about 1am or so before i go to sleep at 2-3am and probably drink pop then too, but now im doing fruit punhc from minute maid and popcorn(with cheese powder) and i feel less like crap, moved from dr pepper and coke to spire, sierre mist and root beeer/sunkist, stuff with no caffine atleast..

i doubt i will lose much if any wieght with that alone, but i feel a little more "on the ball"

if i could give up pasta, bread, etc i would lose 70 lbs in probably 2 months... but thats all i eat...

i bought an apple slicer, beautiful device, put apple on counter, push this down, and BAM< cuts out the core and slices into perfect wedges... i ate like 7 apples in 2 days before i left on vacation..

awesome idea!

I'm 6'1" @ 263 atm.. I want to drop 63 lbs. I've always been up and down.. but this is the most i've weighed. I've gone a whole year drinking just water.. it's not easy at frist, but once you do it for about a month or so it's not really so bad. It even saves you money when you go out! Even though most people will think you are a cheap ass heh. I dropped like 20lbs just off that. Now though I mostly drink sodas and sweet teas. I love mexican and Italian food :wub: . My biggest problems are eatting late and after work not wanting to do anything. I do have a couple gift cards from Olive Garden and Macaroni Grill to finish off from xmas before I begin, dont think I'll have time to finish them both off before the 1st, so I'll have to join a bit late! :D

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='220593' date='Feb 20 2006, 07:56 PM']I ate a salad one day for lunch last week :D

So, what do we do to motivate each other? That's my number one problem, total lack of motivation...

I've got equipment, a treadmill, a large multi task weight thing, and a rhythm bag down in the garage (right now I only use it when I'm smoking a cigarette and drinking a beer)

I'm about 225ish right now, I would like to be around 190 or below ASAP.[/quote]

If you were single, I'd say check out the official fine ass female thread.... :D That's MY motivation, so to speak. Since your married, Take a picture of yourself without a shirt on and make it your desktop, that may help...

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='Bengals_12th_Man' post='220612' date='Feb 20 2006, 08:29 PM'][quote name='BengalsOwn' post='220593' date='Feb 20 2006, 07:56 PM']
I ate a salad one day for lunch last week :D

I'm about 225ish right now, I would like to be around 190 or below ASAP.[/quote]

If you were single, I'd say check out the official fine ass female thread.... :D That's MY motivation, so to speak. Since your married, Take a picture of yourself without a shirt on and make it your desktop, that may help...
[/quote]

that will just make me want to hang myself.

Archived