Big people unite

MULLY

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='220741' date='Feb 21 2006, 04:04 AM']i didnt hit 100 pounds until 6th grade :( , now im 5'10'' 250 this is the largest ive ever been and it basically put me into a depression and depressions usually cause people to gain EVEN more weight.

my goal is to be 5'10'' 180, it would save me a TON of money because i wouldnt go out to eat as much and i have TONS of nearly brand new clothes that i love that dont fit anymore. Plus i got some bengals clothes that were my parents from the 80s that id love to wear.

Plus my relationship isnt going so well right now and if that breaks off im gonna have to be in shape to get another girl.[/quote]

I'm pretty much in the same exact boat man.

clothes that don't fit, depressed cause i'm fat, always eating out, and a rocky relationship

isn't life grand

[quote name='The Scales' post='220814' date='Feb 21 2006, 11:56 AM'][quote name='Jamie_B' post='220804' date='Feb 21 2006, 11:36 AM']
Here is what I do 4 days a week (In the evenings 5-7pm). Granted I have access to a gym here at work. (If I take this other job I may not have the time to do it.)

Chest Press Machine at 110lbs 3 sets of 15 reps
Sholder Press Machine at 80lbs 3 sets of 15 reps
Tricep Pull (Using the lat machine) at 60lbs 3 sets of 15 reps
Lat pull at 90lbs 3 sets of 15 reps
Bicep Curl using 30lb freeweight 3 sets of 15 reps
Triceps using a 50lb freeweight holding it over my head and letting it down behind it 3 sets of 15 reps
Butterfly using 40lb freewight 3 sets of 15 reps
Sholder lifts using 15lb freewieghts 3 sets of 15 reps

Then 45 minutes on the eliptical at a 6mph pace.

By the time I get done and cleaned up traffic in DC is died down so...

Also keep in mind this isnt where I started. When I started it was because my chelostrol was absurdly high and my father had had a heart attack at 45 so I wasnt gonna do the same. When I first started I was doing a 30 min mile walk 3 days a week for about a month till I was able to start picking it up. So if your starting out and getting discouraged that you cant even do a simple mile in a decent time, dont give up because it will take some time for your body to adjust to what you havent been doing before, once it does youll feel 10 billion times better.[/quote]

You stud muffin you :wub:

I think there is more value in working out early, plus i don't really want to be in the gym that long, i role up in my jeans and tshirt if i lift on campus, there will be no changing into workout clothes. OH NO! MOTHERBITCHES!!! I'm in and out in less than fifteen usually...depends on what i do or who i see....but i understand your logic man .. i'm sure traffic in D.C sucks the puss.

Did them damn genes you got from great gran daddy give you the bad cholesterol?
[/quote]

I agree that it would be better to do it in the morning but I have this additction called sleep. ;)
Yeah pops genes passed on down.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='220822' date='Feb 21 2006, 12:07 PM']Well guys, I'm about to go hit the salad bar here at work, and eat nothing but salad for lunch.

wish me luck.[/quote]

Your a brave man eating at Kwik Bytes....

6'2 295 here (ding!) 42 inch waist, love handles that go on for days, and yes, I could use some motivation to lose weight. What made me fat: Beer and eating before I go to bed. I get off work late at night and I always have the munchies, especially if I've been drinking. I try and try to talk myself out of eating, but the gut always seems to win out. I'd love to lose weight, but I can't cook for shit and the diet microwave meals are disgusting (and expensive), and the "no carb" fast food shit gets to be a bit expensive when you're expected to eat 3 times a day or more.

However, there is hope. My friend Michael lost a ton of weight by eating nothing but meat and staying away from the carbs. He gets buckets of chicken from KFC, peels the skin off, and goes to town. Or goes to a burger joint and eats the burger without the bread. It worked wonders for him. (lost 35 lbs)

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='220825' date='Feb 21 2006, 12:09 PM']I have the depression issue as well, but it's seasonal depression, winter months get me down bad. I found something that helps ALOT.

[img]http://www.nam.lighting.philips.com/us/consumer/images/lighting_natural_main.jpg[/img]

Natural Light light bulbs.[/quote]

So cheap beer is what helps your depression?

Same here

:ninja:

[quote name='Ben' post='220824' date='Feb 21 2006, 12:08 PM'][quote name='BengalsOwn' post='220822' date='Feb 21 2006, 12:07 PM']
Well guys, I'm about to go hit the salad bar here at work, and eat nothing but salad for lunch.

wish me luck.[/quote]

Your a brave man eating at Kwik Bytes....
[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

It's not too bad, the salad seems to be pretty fresh anyways.

[quote]So cheap beer is what helps your depression?

Same here

:ninja: [/quote]

Ha! It used to, that's what I used to do when I was down was call the freinds over and have a party at my place (because I cant drink alone). When I recognized I was doing that (moreso a friend pointed it out, though I kinda already knew), I made a concerned effort to not drink at all if I was remotly depressed.

Here are some more tools:

Calorie Calculator: [url="http://www.bodyforlife.com/exercise/calcalc.asp"]http://www.bodyforlife.com/exercise/calcalc.asp[/url]

Recipe Finder: [url="http://www.bodyforlife.com/nutrition/recipesIndex.asp"]http://www.bodyforlife.com/nutrition/recipesIndex.asp[/url]

Cardio workout routine: [url="http://www.bodyforlife.com/exercise/cardiotraining.asp"]http://www.bodyforlife.com/exercise/cardiotraining.asp[/url]

Weight Training Workout: [url="http://www.bodyforlife.com/exercise/weighttraining.asp"]http://www.bodyforlife.com/exercise/weighttraining.asp[/url]

B)

[quote name='TeeBengal' post='220763' date='Feb 21 2006, 01:58 PM']I'm in as well...... Funny you guys brought this up. I have already started actually. I started 2 weeks ago. :) I did alot of research on working out and shit like that. I've always been a Gym Rat but just haven't had the time or will the last few years. At 5'10" I was 210lb two weeks ago at about 22% body fat.

2 Weeks later I am now at 204lbs. Not a bad start! :1hump:

Here is the Outline I follow:

[url="http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/guide.pdf"]http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/guide.pdf[/url][list=1]
[*]Eat 6 meals a day-BUT! smaller portions. That increases your metabolisim. LOW in fat high in Protein and carbs. Meals should consist of 40%protein 40%Carbs 20%fat. Drink 8-10 Glasses of water a day!
[*]Exercise. M-W-F Workout with weights. T-TH-S Cardio workouts the 1st tihing when i get up in the morning. 20 minutes on the treadmill.-Sounds easy BUT its really not!
[/list]SUNDAY is a FREE DAY to do whatever you want or eat whatever you want! :thumbsup: [/quote]

nice Tee!....12th man mentioned Atkins diet...this is a great diet if you are willing
to eat low carb for the rest of your life....you do lose very quickly but once you go
back to a normal style of eating, you gain it back and more! (I can testify to this)..

anyway...the body uses food for energy...it all gets broken down, goes into the blood stream as sugars
and is distributed to all parts of your body and muscles for energy...if you don't exercise, the excess sugars
in your blood stream are absorbed into your body as fat cells...when you go on a low carb diet
such as Atkins...you are eating all protein, no sugar, and your body goes into "KETOSIS"....ketosis is when
your body has no sugars for your body to burn for energy so it feeds off the fat cells to get the energy, thats
why you lose so quickly...

try to eat foods that are low in "bad" carbohydrates, they are harder for your body to break down
and use as energy....bad carbohydrates are HARD SUGARS...candy, soda, sweets etc....the other bad
carbohydrates are anything made with WHITE FLOUR....stay away from white pasta, white
bread, white rice....try to switch to whole grain rice and whole wheat items...they do make
whole wheat pasta, which is quite good!....read the labels on the back of the bread...make
sure the first item says WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR...anything else is a mixture with white flour...

I agree with TEE eat more times a day but less at each meal....I wish I could get into a habit like
this, it's hard to break the 3 big meals a day thing!!....I'm going to try smaller portions with more
protein then carbs, especially at dinner time...I'm going to try and stick with protein and veggies
for dinner and try not to eat after dinner....

[quote name='BengalBeotch' post='220893' date='Feb 21 2006, 01:59 PM']I agree with TEE eat more times a day but less at each meal....I wish I could get into a habit like
this, it's hard to break the 3 big meals a day thing!!....I'm going to try smaller portions with more
protein then carbs, especially at dinner time...I'm going to try and stick with protein and veggies
for dinner and try not to eat after dinner....[/quote]

I have trouble finding time to eat 3 meals(i usually skip bfast...unless OJ/Coffee count..so really 2). I also eat very very fast. I think it stems from my crappy Kroger Job i had in High School where i only had 30 min for lunch and my last job(5 years ago) where i was eating in my truck between service calls.

[quote name='Ben' post='220901' date='Feb 21 2006, 02:10 PM'][quote name='BengalBeotch' post='220893' date='Feb 21 2006, 01:59 PM']

I agree with TEE eat more times a day but less at each meal....I wish I could get into a habit like
for dinner and try not to eat after dinner....[/quote]

I have trouble finding time to eat 3 meals(i usually skip bfast...unless OJ/Coffee count..so really 2). I also eat very very fast. I think it stems from my crappy Kroger Job i had in High School where i only had 30 min for lunch and my last job(5 years ago) where i was eating in my truck between service calls.
[/quote]

Breakfast is the toughtest meal to get into making every morning. 6 meals a day is tough but I have found that using meal replacement bars/drinks help out ALOT! What I do is eat a Zone Perfect Nutrition Bar. You can get tham at wal-mart CHEAP! I buy a 5 pack for $3.36. I like the Fudge Graham the best, the others make me gag. :thumbsdown: :D For Replacement Drinks I go with BodyforLife Choclate Fudge. Very Good! Again you can get them at Wal-Mart-a 4 pack for $5.36.

Here is my [i]usual[/i] routine meal:

7am-Breakfast w/glass of water
Coffee w/Fat free creamer
9am-Meal Replacement bar or drink and glass of water
12pm-Lunch w/glass of water
3pm-Meal Replacement bar or drink and glass of water
7pm-Dinner and glass of water
9pm-almost always Fat Free Cottage Cheese with a fruit and glass of water

Here is the best recommendation I can make (even though it sounds ridiculous): if you are only 20-30 pounds overweight, take up unicycling.
It burns weight off like you couldn't believe, and its cool as hell.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='220815' date='Feb 21 2006, 11:57 AM']I'm pretty much in the same exact boat man.

clothes that don't fit, depressed cause i'm fat, always eating out, and a rocky relationship

isn't life grand[/quote]

Are you feeling the blues because of your relationship, or is something else the cause? If it's something other than the relationship, you need to figure out what the hell it is because it sounds as if the problem is seeping over into the relationship and causing trouble.

If one resists their calling, or feels trapped in some way the unhappines inside will create a void, inorder to fill the empty people will tend to succumb to vice like drink, drugs, food, sex, excessive video game playing, internet surfing,,,blah, blah....

my opinion

My weight loss has tappered off a bit. I'm still loosing, but not as fast as I like. I feel comfortable loosing about 3lbs per week, and think that should be a good way to help keep it off. I've been trying to approach this not as a diet, but a lifestyle change. I believe to keep it off that is whats needed. I still work out 2-3 times per week, and can tell a BIG difference in energy levels already. I'm gonna keep pluggin', will the rest of Go-bengals.com loose it with me?? Would you want Marvin to quit just he started making headway?

Starting weight: 339

Current: 315

OK...so I suck....I know I said I would officially start today but I
did try to start last Wednesday... I do pretty good during the week
but forget about it on the weekends!.... I am doing better at eating
more home cooked meals instead of Fast Food but I can't seem
to get in exercise mode...I get up, take care of the kid, get myself
ready for work...pick him up after work, don't get home till 6ish, if I cook, we don't eat till
around 7, then I have to entertain him till bedtime...by the time
he falls asleep it's 10 at night and It's hard to get motivated to
hit the treadmill that late...uuggg....he wakes earlier then I do so
I can't do it in the mornings either.. I'm like a single parent because
my hubby works 3rd shift... I don't have anyone to watch him...

oh well... I'll hopefully try harder this week...

[quote name='BengalBeotch' post='224721' date='Mar 2 2006, 03:46 AM']OK...so I suck....I know I said I would officially start today but I
ready for work...pick him up after work, don't get home till 6ish, if I cook, we don't eat till

oh well... I'll hopefully try harder this week...[/quote]

Hey, didn't you tell us that you have a lot of Bengals gear you want to be wearing next season? Dammit, woman, 15 - 20 minutes on the treadmill isn't going to kill you. No one said you have to do it for an hour. If you start off slow you may gain the motivation to add more time later. Now, god dammit, when you put that kid to bed set aside 15 minutes for your treadmill. Watch TV while you're doing it. I want to see you in your gear next season!!!!!
MULLY
:onoudidnt:

[quote name='Bengals_12th_Man' post='224222' date='Mar 1 2006, 04:45 AM']Your all lucky I don't see you on a daily basis. You guys would missing a butt cheek from the ass chewing I'd be giving ya. That's fine, I'm not giving up on myself so easily. When the season kicks off, I plan on looking like a hot stud muffin! :struts:[/quote]

Hey, I'm doing alright over here. I had a little run in with some cheesecake last weekend but hey, you gotta cheat every now and then....although I don't think the first week qualifies anyone for a cheating session. hehe! Anyway, still walking and watching my food. I've had some fast food but I've been careful to not eat the bread, staying away from the fries and drinking water.
MULLY

:thumbsup: Its on here!

I haven't missed a workout yet. :headbang:

I have been hitting the weights HARD. I feel SO much better I can't believe it. LOTS of energy. Monday night I lifted harder than I ever have before... It was a great workout. The ONLY downer is that I am going to have to join a gym because I passed the max capacity of what my weight bench can handle. But hey my pants are actually baggy now.

I haven't had fast food or even pop since before I started this deal. I remember my blood pressure was usually around 139/80. I took it last week and now its 109/75. I couldn't belive it so I took it again and it was 111/74 WHOA!

It is going to be a great summer! B)

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='224917' date='Mar 2 2006, 01:49 AM'][quote name='BengalBeotch' post='224721' date='Mar 2 2006, 03:46 AM']
OK...so I suck....I know I said I would officially start today but I

oh well... I'll hopefully try harder this week...[/quote]

Hey, didn't you tell us that you have a lot of Bengals gear you want to be wearing next season? Dammit, woman, 15 - 20 minutes on the treadmill isn't going to kill you. No one said you have to do it for an hour. If you start off slow you may gain the motivation to add more time later. Now, god dammit, when you put that kid to bed set aside 15 minutes for your treadmill. Watch TV while you're doing it. I want to see you in your gear next season!!!!!
MULLY
:onoudidnt:
[/quote]

thanks MULLY!!! I needed that.

Archived