Big people unite

MULLY

Motivation .... the best thing you can do it get into a rotine where you start feeling better, once you do that, when you miss a day you def feel it. My motivation is part that, part what 12th man said except its the women in the gym at work I go to that keep me in there.

My issue is eating right, Ive gotten better over the years, but Im addicted to caffene as well. The other issue I have is with the food I eat, I hate making a meal that takes longer to cook it than it does to eat it....HATE IT... so Ive been eating alot of salad at night and grilled chicken, but that only goes so far before you get sick of it.

I need foods I can make quickly, that are healthy. Thats where Im having issues.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='220614' date='Feb 20 2006, 08:34 PM'][quote name='Bengals_12th_Man' post='220612' date='Feb 20 2006, 08:29 PM']
[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='220593' date='Feb 20 2006, 07:56 PM']
I ate a salad one day for lunch last week :D

So, what do we do to motivate each other? That's my number one problem, total lack of motivation...

I've got equipment, a treadmill, a large multi task weight thing, and a rhythm bag down in the garage (right now I only use it when I'm smoking a cigarette and drinking a beer)

It's just hard to get off my ass when I come home from a long day at work.

I'm about 225ish right now, I would like to be around 190 or below ASAP.[/quote]

If you were single, I'd say check out the official fine ass female thread.... :D That's MY motivation, so to speak. Since your married, Take a picture of yourself without a shirt on and make it your desktop, that may help...
[/quote]

that will just make me want to hang myself.
[/quote]

:lol:

Don't give these guys any ideas.

Guest BengalsOwn
So, should I stop eating pasta and bread?

I already pretty much exclusively drink water, well, throw in lots of beer in there as well.

If I were to eat brocoli, can I dip it in ranch?

Damn this sucks.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='220622' date='Feb 20 2006, 08:48 PM']So, should I stop eating pasta and bread?

I already pretty much exclusively drink water, well, throw in lots of beer in there as well.

Damn this sucks.[/quote]

My uncle went on the adkins diet, and he got some great results. Lost a TON of weight in under a month. It's hard to stick to though... Absolutely no carbs, at all. If you go that route, ranch is low in carbs and ok. But you have to stay clear of things like bread, pasta, beans, corn etc etc... If you can stay clear of those types of foods for several months, the weight would fall off for sure...

Oh yeah, and beer: LOTS of carbs. Don't they have a beer that low in carbs? I wonder how that tastes... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img]

I once weighed 200lbs at 5'10", and had a big ole beer gut. The key to losing weight (besides exercise, silly) if you're going to drink yourself silly is to get into a regimen of eating regularly and drinking lots of water. Caffeine has no effect on your weight, only your metabolism and pissing schedule, unless your source of caffeine is loaded with empty calories like sugar.
The key to the late-night beer drinker diet is to DENY yourself the munchie foods late at night after you get your drink on.
The cycle usually goes: Wake up, sugary coffee, some water, not hungry until noon, eat lunch, eat a snacky dinner around dinner time and then eat half a pizza at 3:00am after getting drunk and then going straight to bed.
You guys have to learn to deny yourself food after 9:00pm, and try to eat on a regular schedule. You simply cannot eat tons of carb or fat-laden foods and then go to bed. You don't metabolize much when you're sleeping, and your body throws it onto your gut.
Cutting down (but not eliminating) carbs also helps. Don't drink sugar sodas, drink water.
Believe me, it worked for me and I never exercised a moment.
Of course exercise always helps....

[quote name='Bunghole' post='220625' date='Feb 20 2006, 09:05 PM']I once weighed 200lbs at 5'10", and had a big ole beer gut. The key to losing weight (besides exercise, silly) if you're going to drink yourself silly is to get into a regimen of eating regularly and drinking lots of water. Caffeine has no effect on your weight, only your metabolism and pissing schedule, unless your source of caffeine is loaded with empty calories like sugar.
The key to the late-night beer drinker diet is to DENY yourself the munchie foods late at night after you get your drink on.
The cycle usually goes: Wake up, sugary coffee, some water, not hungry until noon, eat lunch, eat a snacky dinner around dinner time and then eat half a pizza at 3:00am after getting drunk and then going straight to bed.
You guys have to learn to deny yourself food after 9:00pm, and try to eat on a regular schedule. You simply cannot eat tons of carb or fat-laden foods and then go to bed. You don't metabolize much when you're sleeping, and your body throws it onto your gut.
Cutting down (but not eliminating) carbs also helps. Don't drink sugar sodas, drink water.
Believe me, it worked for me and I never exercised a moment.
Of course exercise always helps....[/quote]

200 LBS @ 5'10"?!?! How do you live with yourself!?!!? I think I weighed 200 lbs in the 8th grade......

Seriously, truer words could not have been said, my friend. Late eating is My weakness fo show. I've been a good monkey, for the most part, since I've been moderating myself, and it really has worked. No eating at least 3-4 hours before bed.

Ok, guys. A couple people have joined the list. All are welcome. I see my same story with a lot of you guys. Any time you want to join the list just send a message to

lets_drop_it-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

See you guys there.
MULLY

Guest BengalsOwn
I was about 165 lbs about 3 years ago, and about 5'10".

I'd like to be around 180 or so, with some actual muscle thrown in there...

[quote name='Bengals_12th_Man' post='220624' date='Feb 20 2006, 08:53 PM'][quote name='BengalsOwn' post='220622' date='Feb 20 2006, 08:48 PM']
So, should I stop eating pasta and bread?

Damn this sucks.[/quote]

My uncle went on the adkins diet, and he got some great results. Lost a TON of weight in under a month. It's hard to stick to though... Absolutely no carbs, at all. If you go that route, ranch is low in carbs and ok. But you have to stay clear of things like bread, pasta, beans, corn etc etc... If you can stay clear of those types of foods for several months, the weight would fall off for sure...

Oh yeah, and beer: LOTS of carbs. Don't they have a beer that low in carbs? I wonder how that tastes... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img]
[/quote]

michelob ultra isn't too bad really.

sure as hell beats the miller high life I was drinking tonight :vomit:

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='220708' date='Feb 20 2006, 11:53 PM']I was about 165 lbs about 3 years ago, and about 5'10".

I'd like to be around 180 or so, with some actual muscle thrown in there...[/quote]

Bottom line, if you want to add muscle, you'll need to lift weights. Honestly, lifting is one of the best ways to trim down. It speeds up your overall metabolism, and helps to burn fat off all day long. To bulk, you'll need to do heavier weight not as many reps (8-10). To trim/tone, you'll need to do lighter weight more reps (10-15). 3 sets of whatever you do is good, but make sure you can do the max reps on the first two, and at least the minimum reps for the last. If your muscle fails before you can get that, consider lowering your weight. For example: Doing curls, I do a set of 15, rest, then another set of 15, rest, then muscle fail at 12. If you finish all three sets of 15, then you need to increase the weight on your next bicep day. It's very important not to over do it, especially if your just starting out. You can do more damage than good if you push too hard. As always, make sure to stretch before and after a workout. It helps prevent injury, and helps the rebuilding of the muscle. As well, make sure you give whatever muscle you work out at least one day to recop.

I had a killer work out in college, but I wouldn't propose anyone to do it unless they're in solid shape already. It was something completely different, but really got the job done.

[quote name='Bengals_12th_Man' post='220730' date='Feb 21 2006, 04:25 PM'][quote name='whodey24k' post='220728' date='Feb 21 2006, 02:19 AM']
i'm fat and i'm staying fat. it's like my grandma always says.

excise is for pussies.[/quote]

I hear chicks dig fat. I just haven't seen it yet.... :(
[/quote]

Honestly, don't think women really care one way or the other. Sure there are going to be the ones that want Stallones pecs but overall personality is what gets you through the door.
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='220736' date='Feb 21 2006, 02:43 AM'][quote name='Bengals_12th_Man' post='220730' date='Feb 21 2006, 04:25 PM']
[quote name='whodey24k' post='220728' date='Feb 21 2006, 02:19 AM']
i'm fat and i'm staying fat. it's like my grandma always says.

excise is for pussies.[/quote]

I hear chicks dig fat. I just haven't seen it yet.... :(
[/quote]

Honestly, don't think women really care one way or the other. Sure there are going to be the ones that want Stallones pecs but overall personality is what gets you through the door.
MULLY
[/quote]

You really are making me want to move to Japan ma man. Sad to say, I've only met those kind of women. Why aren't man boobs just as good?!!? :D

Guest ThurmanMunster

i didnt hit 100 pounds until 6th grade :( , now im 5'10'' 250 this is the largest ive ever been and it basically put me into a depression and depressions usually cause people to gain EVEN more weight.

my goal is to be 5'10'' 180, it would save me a TON of money because i wouldnt go out to eat as much and i have TONS of nearly brand new clothes that i love that dont fit anymore. Plus i got some bengals clothes that were my parents from the 80s that id love to wear.

Plus my relationship isnt going so well right now and if that breaks off im gonna have to be in shape to get another girl.

I need to do this as well.

My big problem is the fact that my wife's favorite thing in the world to do is cook. She loves pouring a glass of wine and trying out all kinds of recipes. Our TV downstairs is nearly always on the Food Network. Couple that with my absolute absence of willpower and you get about 250 pounds packed onto a 6' frame. -_-

So count me in. I belong to Fitworks (used to be Moore's Nautilus) up here in Dayton. I haven't been in a year though. Hopefully I can get back in the swing and become the fit handsome guy that I've never been.

[quote name='BuckWoody' post='220756' date='Feb 21 2006, 08:36 AM']My big problem is the fact that my wife's favorite thing in the world to do is cook. She loves pouring a glass of wine and trying out all kinds of recipes. Our TV downstairs is nearly always on the Food Network.[/quote]

awesome......

[quote name='Ben' post='220757' date='Feb 21 2006, 08:42 AM'][quote name='BuckWoody' post='220756' date='Feb 21 2006, 08:36 AM']

My big problem is the fact that my wife's favorite thing in the world to do is cook. She loves pouring a glass of wine and trying out all kinds of recipes. Our TV downstairs is nearly always on the Food Network.[/quote]

awesome......
[/quote]
....if you don't mind being a big fat guy. ;)

It's not a terrible problem to have, to be sure. My wife also grew up cooking for three brothers, all big guys, so the portions we have are always pretty large. It's difficult for me to pass up that extree pork chop or piece of steak or enchilada or plate of pasta or.......

I'm in as well...... Funny you guys brought this up. I have already started actually. I started 2 weeks ago. :) I did alot of research on working out and shit like that. I've always been a Gym Rat but just haven't had the time or will the last few years. At 5'10" I was 210lb two weeks ago at about 22% body fat.

2 Weeks later I am now at 204lbs. Not a bad start! :1hump:

Here is the Outline I follow:

[url="http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/guide.pdf"]http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/guide.pdf[/url][list=1]
[*]Eat 6 meals a day-BUT! smaller portions. That increases your metabolisim. LOW in fat high in Protein and carbs. Meals should consist of 40%protein 40%Carbs 20%fat. Drink 8-10 Glasses of water a day!
[*]Exercise. M-W-F Workout with weights. T-TH-S Cardio workouts the 1st tihing when i get up in the morning. 20 minutes on the treadmill.-Sounds easy BUT its really not!
[/list]

SUNDAY is a FREE DAY to do whatever you want or eat whatever you want! :thumbsup:

So....i drank green tea all day/no beer yesterday. weighed in at 173 this morning...

[quote name='BuckWoody' post='220762' date='Feb 21 2006, 08:56 AM'][quote name='Ben' post='220757' date='Feb 21 2006, 08:42 AM']
[quote name='BuckWoody' post='220756' date='Feb 21 2006, 08:36 AM']

My big problem is the fact that my wife's favorite thing in the world to do is cook. She loves pouring a glass of wine and trying out all kinds of recipes. Our TV downstairs is nearly always on the Food Network.[/quote]

awesome......
[/quote]
....if you don't mind being a big fat guy. ;)

It's not a terrible problem to have, to be sure. My wife also grew up cooking for three brothers, all big guys, so the portions we have are always pretty large. It's difficult for me to pass up that extree pork chop or piece of steak or enchilada or plate of pasta or.......
[/quote]

yeah :) My gf is asian. I'm always like, "Dont all asian women know how to cook?". I think she is holding out on me....

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='220383' date='Feb 20 2006, 10:40 AM']Hey, I'm currently trying to drop a few pounds. Anyone else on here doing the same? I started a mailing list on yahoo groups. If anyone wants to join we can use it to mail back and forth for just about anything. recipes, advice, excercise tips, or fuck, just to keep each other motivated. Nothing bad can come out of this. If anyone is interested the address to the group page is

MULLY[/quote]

Dude, eat what your soon to be wifey eats or what she ate before you westernized her. The japanese are notorioous for (among other things) A. Staying trim, B. Not looking their age, and C. Being active in the golden years.

[quote name='BengalBeotch' post='220468' date='Feb 20 2006, 02:24 PM']green tea is scrumpdiliumptious!....cutting caffeine is also a good move...thanks,
I will incorporate that![/quote]

Beotch!!! Green tea is loaded with caffeine, but yes they do sell the no cafe right next to the cafe.

[quote name='Ben' post='220485' date='Feb 20 2006, 02:53 PM'][quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='220484' date='Feb 20 2006, 02:46 PM']
I'm in as well. I've been getting up at 4:30 in the morning on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday every week since just after the new year. I've sort of fallen off the wagon diet wise lately, so a kick in the ass wouldn't hurt.

Just curious as to how caffeine affects weight loss. I'm addicted to coffee, so scare me and I'll quit.[/quote]

I was just doing some reading on the googles and it seems to go back and forth. So the short answer is no.. I have a lot of stomach problems and I think the massive amounts of caffiene are part of the problem. As long as you drink you coffee "black", it dont think its a big deal.

//does caffiene cause you to hold water/bloating?
[/quote]

Naw, i'm pretty sure caffene is a diauretic (sp?) it gets rid of water. Ya piss more.

[quote name='whodey319' post='220490' date='Feb 20 2006, 03:03 PM']I dont want to look like a fatass for my wedding.... May 6th of this year.[/quote]

Congratulations!

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='220574' date='Feb 20 2006, 07:04 PM']I need to drop a good 30-40 pounds or so.

I'm in!

Just let me know what we need to do. Will everyone really use the mailing list thing?[/quote]

Cheeba, CHeeeba

[quote name='Bengals_12th_Man' post='220585' date='Feb 20 2006, 07:30 PM']If you like it, eat lots of brocolli. Its a food that actually takes as many calories to burn as it gives. I eat as much of it as I can, and seems to help fill me up...[/quote]

...and makes me farts a little foul.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='220593' date='Feb 20 2006, 07:56 PM']a rhythm bag down in the garage ... [b] Interesting...[/b]

It's just hard to get off my ass when I come home from a long day at work.[/quote]

I understand completely, but i think CHicago has the right idea. I read about a circut routine on mens health .COM..
This routine is three days a week o...(tuesday, thursday, sunday.....or everyother day at the most everyother day) get up early , or whatnot but try to find some time in the MORNING.

You can do this. Im a warm space kinda guy, and that space is right infront of my favorite mirror....Create a WORKOUT playlist for the ipod, blast some Cristina Agulera and get crakin.

k. ...CIRCUT meaning you work every muscle group you can think of during one session...I have some dumb bells at thirty pounds..do i add and remove wieght according to the particlualr exerjcizie?

HELL NO!! This wastes precious time and i dont' have that fancy soloflex weight set. I use one set of thirtys and do the work aro¨nd them

things i do... the following should take you 15-20 minutes after which you'll have time to run the tread, or smoke a cigarette.

THREE SETS!!
Here's my usual order

"DON't Drop the weights till you git to your pushups MAGGOT!!!!"

A form of bicep curl...10 or so
Shoulders... google some shoulder shrugs
bent over rows...with da dumbs... form is important..works back, shoulders
Work in some forearm stuff if you'd like

the front and back military presses are very good

Butterfly with dumbells (works chest and back, and lats * form is important because of the potential for back strain) These are a little rough, but i refuse to change weight.

lunges you say? GIMME AS MANY AS POSSIBLE

Tricep extension ...right... at this point i drop a dumbell, WITH BOTH HANDS I lift the sole remaining idot bell over and behind my head...extend the weight up and down ten times with both hands.. I try not to hit my head.

Tricep extenstions done with a chair are also pretty rad. Hands resting palms down and facing forward, but behind your back!!! Right? OK arms locked, your feet are on your heels infront of you. Lower, Raise,Lower,Raise...AS WE JAM TO RADAR LOVE ON THE IPOD!!!!

Push ups.. 10-20 You can do girly style if the tits are soft, but try to do the big boy kind A.S.A.P.

sit-ups 30's a good number 3 sets worm

neck...I saw Mike Tyson working his neck on some sports news show right before a fight of his, years later i decided i needed to figure it out. Check it...
A. Lie on your back, knees slightly bent,

B. push your chin up till you find a comfortable spot on your skull to support some weight, actually quite a bit of weight, so FOR the Love of all that is WHODEY, be carefull, mindfull, dont' strain....you are also going to use your legs to help you move, and for support

i'm fond of the little angle that connects my crown to the back of my head, it works well for me...i find the spot on my skull, and with MY KNEES BENT, I ARCH my back and LIFT my body distributing weight to my neck and legs.. remember neck and legs working together.

still arched but not with a great deal of arch and with my back off the ground, i cross my arms over my chest as a personal preference and roll my head forward and back, also using my legs to assist (this is where taking the time to find your own Personal skull zone comes in) this works the front and back neck muscles something fierce.

A beginer may want to get used to the forward and back, before they look side to side...my puny side neck muscles failed me when i first tried looking to the left and right..
I started with like five or six forward backs, but gained reps rapidly, and built the muscles front and back to suport side to side work.

When Tyson did it he was rolling his head quickly in all directions. a little like stevie wonder

Fuck rest, you don't need it. 90 minutes a week, just half of one bengals game, you will feel wonderfull, you'll look smashing, and you'll have more energy for your day...
[quote name='GoBengals' post='220601' date='Feb 20 2006, 08:05 PM']uh..

i have been attempting the no caffine task, im about 300 lbs, i would like to be about 250, i think my ideal weight according to some health thing is like 180. fuck that.

the caffine thing kills me, i typically east cerreal about 1am or so before i go to sleep at 2-3am and probably drink pop then too, but now im doing fruit punhc from minute maid and popcorn(with cheese powder) and i feel less like crap, moved from dr pepper and coke to spire, sierre mist and root beeer/sunkist, stuff with no caffine atleast..

i doubt i will lose much if any wieght with that alone, but i feel a little more "on the ball"

[b]You and Bung both touched upon it, you can't eat cereal which is usually high in carbs and SUGAR, plus drink FUCKING SODA POP before you hit the hay and expect to be where you wanna be, concerning weight and energy.

You will feel spectacular if you make an effort to gradually reduce you sugar intake, especially refined sugar....look i love COKE as much as the next, but water from the tap, is cheap , has ZERO CALORIEs, and with all the fouride they cram into it you won't have to brush you teeth EVER AGAIN!!!!!!
Refined sugar is not really all that great...natural sugar so. so or at least if your gonna eat sugar, eat naturaly occuring like the shit in rasins is better for ya, refined sugar is hard on the teeth, empty calories, and i've heard from somewhere reputable that sugar accelerates cellular turnover, plus i dunno but doesn't Doogie Howser say there MAY be a link between stach, sugar and diabetes?

[/b]

if i could give up pasta, bread, etc i would lose 70 lbs in probably 2 months... but thats all i eat...

[b]Pack the Furnace in the morning and afternoon, eat the energy foods like carbs and pasta till lunch..eat a light meal for dinner and you will drop the weight! It'll go even faster if you work some weights.

Try Breakfast, snack, Lunch, snack, dinner, snack.
Five or six small meals per day will keep the metabolism humming.

Great Snacks are things like nuts and seeds - Walnuts, Almonds, and Pumkin Seeds are so MONEY right now
baked whole grain crackers, cheese, FRUIT, Carrots dipped in ranch or not, along with other assorted vegetables, do you need to eat this healthy shit all the time and ditch the fruit loops and dortios altoghether? no but if you want to drop some pounds, refrain from eating junk and or carbs late in the evening. [/b][/quote]

:headbang:

Ok, there is a lot of talk here and we have a few people on the list already so get your big asses on over to the mailing list. hehe!!
Talk at ya,
MULLY

To sign up send a message here:
lets_drop_it-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Here is what I do 4 days a week (In the evenings 5-7pm). Granted I have access to a gym here at work. (If I take this other job I may not have the time to do it.)

Chest Press Machine at 110lbs 3 sets of 15 reps
Sholder Press Machine at 80lbs 3 sets of 15 reps
Tricep Pull (Using the lat machine) at 60lbs 3 sets of 15 reps
Lat pull at 90lbs 3 sets of 15 reps
Bicep Curl using 30lb freeweight 3 sets of 15 reps
Triceps using a 50lb freeweight holding it over my head and letting it down behind it 3 sets of 15 reps
Butterfly using 40lb freewight 3 sets of 15 reps
Sholder lifts using 15lb freewieghts 3 sets of 15 reps

Then 45 minutes on the eliptical at a 6mph pace.

By the time I get done and cleaned up traffic in DC is died down so...

Also keep in mind this isnt where I started. When I started it was because my chelostrol was absurdly high and my father had had a heart attack at 45 so I wasnt gonna do the same. When I first started I was doing a 30 min mile walk 3 days a week for about a month till I was able to start picking it up. So if your starting out and getting discouraged that you cant even do a simple mile in a decent time, dont give up because it will take some time for your body to adjust to what you havent been doing before, once it does youll feel 10 billion times better.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='220804' date='Feb 21 2006, 11:36 AM']Here is what I do 4 days a week (In the evenings 5-7pm). Granted I have access to a gym here at work. (If I take this other job I may not have the time to do it.)

Chest Press Machine at 110lbs 3 sets of 15 reps
Sholder Press Machine at 80lbs 3 sets of 15 reps
Tricep Pull (Using the lat machine) at 60lbs 3 sets of 15 reps
Lat pull at 90lbs 3 sets of 15 reps
Bicep Curl using 30lb freeweight 3 sets of 15 reps
Triceps using a 50lb freeweight holding it over my head and letting it down behind it 3 sets of 15 reps
Butterfly using 40lb freewight 3 sets of 15 reps
Sholder lifts using 15lb freewieghts 3 sets of 15 reps

Then 45 minutes on the eliptical at a 6mph pace.

By the time I get done and cleaned up traffic in DC is died down so...

Also keep in mind this isnt where I started. When I started it was because my chelostrol was absurdly high and my father had had a heart attack at 45 so I wasnt gonna do the same. When I first started I was doing a 30 min mile walk 3 days a week for about a month till I was able to start picking it up. So if your starting out and getting discouraged that you cant even do a simple mile in a decent time, dont give up because it will take some time for your body to adjust to what you havent been doing before, once it does youll feel 10 billion times better.[/quote]

You stud muffin you :wub:

I think there is more value in working out early, plus i don't really want to be in the gym that long, i role up in my jeans and tshirt if i lift on campus, there will be no changing into workout clothes. OH NO! MOTHERBITCHES!!! I'm in and out in less than fifteen usually...depends on what i do or who i see....but i understand your logic man .. i'm sure traffic in D.C sucks the puss.

Did them damn genes you got from great gran daddy give you the bad cholesterol?

Archived