The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Guest BadassBengal

Guest Matt_Six
I got bit. I'm a vampire. Not too bad, really... gave me the night eye stuff, I love it. I just killed my first person the other day that didn't attack me first. Felt kinda' good. Muahaha...

Guest Matt_Six
[quote name='Matt_Six' post='267372' date='May 12 2006, 09:12 PM']I got bit. I'm a vampire. Not too bad, really... gave me the night eye stuff, I love it. I just killed my first person the other day that didn't attack me first. Felt kinda' good. Muahaha...[/quote]

Rumor has that a ring is out there that up two points in every attribute. My friend knows where it is and is telling me tonight. Anyone hear of such a ring?

I guess it's not even a mission, it's just hidden somewhere.

Also, Pale's Pass is one weird place... also the guy's picture of the forest where you got to go in and save him is a little strange, too.

Anyway - again, the ring... anyone?

[quote name='Matt_Six' post='268958' date='May 16 2006, 03:42 PM']Rumor has that a ring is out there that up two points in every attribute. My friend knows where it is and is telling me tonight. Anyone hear of such a ring?

I guess it's not even a mission, it's just hidden somewhere.

Also, Pale's Pass is one weird place... also the guy's picture of the forest where you got to go in and save him is a little strange, too.

Anyway - again, the ring... anyone?[/quote]

Not heard of it but if you find out where please post.

Guest Matt_Six
[quote name='RayDoggBengal' post='269550' date='May 17 2006, 11:15 PM']Not heard of it but if you find out where please post.[/quote]

Disk is fucked up... game wont read it.

getting it cleaned tomorrow so i can play during the night. will post soon, though.

Guest Matt_Six
sry... didnt have time to do the ring thing... but on one of the ships in anvil that are docked, i found a necklace (i think) that fortifies blade 25 points. worth 15000+. my luck is a 50 though.... so that might have something to do with it b/c my buddy did it who was a 25 or something in luck and got something that fortifies acrobatics 12 pts. or something like that

Guest Matt_Six
get out a bow and arrow... pull it back and HOLD it

then hit B and go to your arrows and try to put them away. then after that, go down to one of your items and press the drop button

if it works, you'll know.

• 11 months later...
Guest Tigris

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='485986' date='May 13 2007, 03:29 AM']so after talking shit in this thread last year. i bought the game this week. :)[/quote]
before you start, TALK TO ME about the whole thing first. i've put probably close to 200 hours in the game and know the ins and outs of it pretty well. i had two characters 80+ hours each, another character for 10+ and then i fucked around with my buddy's sometimes when he needed something done.

there's a lot of shit you need to decide on before you start... and if you pick something you dont like or dont use, it sucks, because you cant change it.

THE BIGGEST FUCK UP IN THE GAME:

to level up, you have to advance in skill 10 times from your "major skills". it can all be from the same one, different ones, a mix, whatever. ANYWAY - now the fucked up part. for example, let's say you pick a breton (who specialize in magic, so you get a magic bonus). maybe instead of starting out as 40 in "alteration" you'll start out as a 50 because of their +10 alteration bonus. so now, in reality, you will only be able to level up 5 levels with that guy (because you have 50 advancement levels until you reach 100 for that skill). Say you did that with all your major skills (and for the sake of math, we'll say you started out as 50 on every one). You will only be able to level up to a level 40 overall (8x5 = 40... 8 skills, advancing skill levels 50 times, which will essentially give you an overal character level up of 5 for each category). So, only overall leveling up 40 times means you can only make your characters willpower, speed, luck, strength, etc. go up a total of 40 times... which SUCKS ASS.

i envisioned making this bad ass character who was a level 100 and was so strong and so fast and powerful that there was no way i would die, ever... you know, having 100s across the board. i have a 100 in every major skill and have no room to level up anymore (because to level up overall you have to advance 10 times in a major skill). if you want to do what i said, you may want to be something that doesnt specialize in magic (khajit, orc, or the lizard guy) and major in magic so youll have PLENTY of room to level up b/c they wont get the bonuses to start the game. however, if you're just interested in getting a strong guy and kick ass as quick as you can, be the type of guy who fits your style best (sneak=khajit, heavy sword=orc, magic=high elf).

one more thing, magic is the best because you can level up just by hitting your right bumper while you're exploring real easy. i just ran around hitting the button while i was looking for ingredients or when i was one my way to a place that was really far away that i hadnt discovered yet. sneak is great, too. if you find a helmet (fin glean, i think i spelled it wrong, but it's hidden and i know where it's at. it's in the water. i can tell you the exact location if you wanted it. gives you night eye and water breathing. one of the best weopon/armor piece in the game) or have a spell where you have nighteye and you're sneak is decent, you can move at a pretty decent pace if crouched through the caves, tunnels, ruins VERY, VERY easily and never be caught (if it's dark, of course... that's why you need this helmet). i wouldnt cheat either... it ruined my game, was far too easy. i have probably 50,000+ gold and never cheated once. i had to start a whole new character before b/c i had 100000000 gold and did whatever i wanted. took the fun/strategy out of the game.

if you need anything, let me know. i know where a lot of cool shit is hidden and missions you should do for extra bucks and ones that are just pretty fun/funny to do. for example, there's a house in anvil where you can buy for 5000 bucks (seems like a lot at first, but you can make that money QUICK if you loot some dead bodies, check out caves/ruins regularly) and you have to do a mission for it (dont want to ruin it for you) but it's definitely worth it. i cant tell you what happens unless youd like to know, but you wouldn't be sorry buying that piece of shit for 5000 bucks. it turns out to be a GREAT surprise and it is one of the cooler missions on the game.

okay, im done.

Guest BengalsOwn
ANyone played the expansion pack?

I was borrowing my friends version of Oblivion back when I was playing it, but had to give it back. I bought the expansion, but obviously don't have the original disk. I was thinking of picking it up online somewhere cheap.

This is by far the best game still to come out on 360.

Guest Tigris
[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='486202' date='May 13 2007, 11:43 PM']ANyone played the expansion pack?

I was borrowing my friends version of Oblivion back when I was playing it, but had to give it back. I bought the expansion, but obviously don't have the original disk. I was thinking of picking it up online somewhere cheap.

This is by far the best game still to come out on 360.[/quote]
i almost bought it, but decided not to. it said it only has about 30 hours or so of game play. i figured id wonder around and get a lot more than that, but i wanted someone else's opinion on it first to see if it was worth it or not because my character cant level up anymore. there's 10 achievements on the expansion, and there was 50 on the original version... i think that might give you some kind of insight or clue on how long/big the expansion might be.

I have it and haven't played the Wii since it came out. I've gotten about 60 hours of play out of it but that's just me and I have almost 400 total hours of play all together. There is one place you have to save and go back and play a quest as the other side, there are two sides in the game sort of the good and the bad in order to get all the points.

Most people who have maxed out created a new character to play the pack. There are some cool new weapons and it was worth the cost for me.

Here is a link to the map, bottom map shows where everything is located.

[url="http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Image:V7_Shivering_Isles_Map.jpg"]Map[/url]

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
nothing makes me go more insane than having a lock picked to the final tumbler and then fucking it up.

Guest Tigris
[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='487021' date='May 15 2007, 08:26 PM']nothing makes me go more insane than having a lock picked to the final tumbler and then fucking it up.[/quote]
it's awesome when you can do the very hard ones easy... you get so much shit.

anyway, there's magic you can pick up for that if you're not into picking them all the time. picking them is almost worth it though. not only do you go up in rank, but sometimes it's faster than going through your spells

Archived