Bengals interested in Lavar Arrington!

[quote]Poston said the Bengals have also expressed interest in another one of his clients, former Redskins outside linebacker LaVar Arrington. Arrington went to one of his Pro Bowls playing in Lewis’s defense in 2002 and is currently on a high-price tour that stopped in Miami on Saturday.[/quote]
from bengals.com

I know i would love to have him on our team for the right price!!

Simmons days would be numbered though

Guest schotzee
Topic came up again.Found this blurb on yahoo sports.
Love to have him.This guy's a monster when healthy.

. LaVar Arrington, OLB, Washington Redskins – The Cleveland Browns appear to have dropped out of the running, but Arrington has drawn the eyes of more than a dozen teams. [b]The Giants and Cincinnati Bengals are two possible destinations – with the Giants looking like the frontrunner. [/b]Arrington met with the Dolphins over the weekend, but the possible signing of Brees likely would eliminate Miami from the running. The Philadelphia Eagles are another possibility.

Same site about Rocky Bernard,we were not mentioned.Damn.

. Rocky Bernard, DT, Seattle Seahawks – The St. Louis Rams apparently have bowed out after signing La'Roi Glover, but there should be plenty of remaining interest in Bernard's services. He is expected to meet with the Giants this week, and the Eagles are believed to be interested. After losing Kendrick Clancy, the Giants may be the favorite. Bernard isn't likely to last longer than this week on the market.

[url="http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ag5vHcjOIjtvCk5byrKadZtDubYF?slug=cr-freeagents031306&prov=yhoo&type=lgns"]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ag5v...=yhoo&type=lgns[/url]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='229746' date='Mar 11 2006, 07:03 PM']After what marvin said about him Id be very supprised by this move.[/quote]
The year he was used more like a rush DE, he got 11 sacks. Guy is a freak in an athletic sense. But there isn't any room for him.

We have the cap to seriously pursue him, but there isn't a needed spot for him, unless you are gonna pay him huge money to come in for around 20-30 plays MAX to rush the passer. And I don't think that Brian Simmons should be traded.

This is just a ruse. :badger:

me and a couple of my friends have brought up this topic quite a few times over the past couple weeks...............if we get him, i'd be willing to get rid of simmons.............OH MAN..............just think.........if we had webster healthy it could be levar,webster and odell........... :blink:

[quote name='bigfeet4real' post='231446' date='Mar 14 2006, 12:39 AM']me and a couple of my friends have brought up this topic quite a few times over the past couple weeks...............if we get him, i'd be willing to get rid of simmons.............OH MAN..............just think.........if we had webster healthy it could be levar,webster and odell........... :blink: [/quote]

bahh hopefully not, Simons is doing just fine as the starter, why fix something thats not broken, i really don't want him, and even marvin has stated that hes lazy.

[quote name='bigfeet4real' post='231446' date='Mar 13 2006, 11:39 PM']me and a couple of my friends have brought up this topic quite a few times over the past couple weeks...............if we get him, i'd be willing to get rid of simmons.............OH MAN..............just think.........if we had webster healthy it could be levar,webster and odell........... :blink: [/quote]

Aren't you forgetting about David Pollack...? I mean the guy did have four sacks in limited action. A full camp will really help him. I would be willing to bet that he gets at least 10 sacks.

To the topic.. I've always been a big Lavar fan, but I would hope he'd take a pay cut and I hope Marvin would have him on a real tight leash

man i'm happy with simmons, just like what was said earlier "why fix it if it aint broke". keep simmons webster gets healthy and odell and pollack, we'll be alright right there. and now with dexters signing at safety, madieu back and healthy.we'll be cool , get that fast and young defense. Marvin Lewis is the man, just trust in him. but what we need to worry about is the Fucking QB situation. really don't know if Carson is going to be ready or not, and kitna now wants to test the market. I just don't know man?

Guest CrazyIrishman5

[quote name='Honkey' post='231455' date='Mar 14 2006, 01:00 AM'][quote name='bigfeet4real' post='231446' date='Mar 13 2006, 11:39 PM']
me and a couple of my friends have brought up this topic quite a few times over the past couple weeks...............if we get him, i'd be willing to get rid of simmons.............OH MAN..............just think.........if we had webster healthy it could be levar,webster and odell........... :blink: [/quote]

Aren't you forgetting about David Pollack...? I mean the guy did have four sacks in limited action. A full camp will really help him. I would be willing to bet that he gets at least 10 sacks.

To the topic.. I've always been a big Lavar fan, but I would hope he'd take a pay cut and I hope Marvin would have him on a real tight leash
[/quote]
They can move him to a DE/OLB, he has the size.

[img]http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/24/248743.jpg[/img] = [img]http://www.pittsburghsteelers.co.uk/steelers/players/greg%20lloyd.jpg[/img]

Guest CrazyIrishman5
[quote]Dayton Daily News

The Cincinnati Bengals have been relatively quiet thus far during this free agent process, signing only veteran S Dexter Jackson, an unrestricted free agent from Tampa Bay, to a four-year contract on Monday. However, the club could be on the verge of making major headlines if it can land arguably the top-rated linebacker on the open market, LaVar Arrington.

[b]Talks between the Bengals and representatives for Arrington are believed to be in the early stages, but things could heat up real soon.[/b]

According to Arrington's agent, Kevin Poston, the Bengals have contacted him regarding the Pro-Bowl linebacker, with the latest conversation taking place on Monday.

"Marvin [Lewis] definitely knows LaVar and there's definitely interest there," Poston said. "Marvin not only coached LaVar, but got to know him very intimately on the defensive side of the ball. Cincinnati is a great organization under Marvin's leadership and I'm sure he would like to get LaVar in there if he could. I think Marvin will try to do that."

Arrington, 27, played only one season (2002) under Marvin Lewis when Lewis served as defensive coordinator for the Washington Redskins. Arrington had his best output as a pro that year, registering 92 tackles and 11 sacks. Adding Arrington, who is versatile, aggressive and relentless, to the mix would give the Bengals a lot of flexibility on defense both rushing the passer and stopping the run. Such a move would likely nix the experiment of David Pollack playing the outside linebacker position. During the season Pollack was most effective while playing defensive end and showed that he could play the position at the pro level, which many doubted.

When asked what it would take for a team to land Arrington, Poston insisted that it had to be the right situation.

"The players want to know that the place they are going is not only a good football team, but one where they can fit in well with the coaches. But also the city and then the financial terms have to be right," Poston said.

Poston was speaking of Arrington and his other client, San Francisco 49ers LB Julian Peterson, who is also a free agent. Peterson has long been rumored to be drawing interest from the Cleveland Browns, but Poston said he hasn't set up anything with the organization as of yet.

Both Arrington and Peterson are receiving a considerable amount of interest from teams around the league. A total of 20 have expressed interest for the standout linebackers.

So you see Bengal fans, there's a reason why the team is spending its bank wisely and not like it's Monopoly money. They Bengals are holding out, waiting to purchase some prime real estate - Boardwalk.[/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/13.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/38.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img]

If...and this is a big if...Lavar Arrington comes to Cincinnati,Simmons job won't be in jeopardy,at least from him.He would most likely play SS LB,so look for Pollack to switch back to DE if...and that is a big if...LA signs.

That would certainly fulfill the need for another pass-rusher, wouldn't it?

I have trouble believing there is really a chance there...But it is fun to imagine.

We'll file this one under...Wait and see.

BZ

Guest schotzee
[quote name='TheBZ' post='231471' date='Mar 14 2006, 03:40 AM']That would certainly fulfill the need for another pass-rushing, wouldn't it?

[b]I have trouble believing there is really a chance there...But it is fun to imagine.[/b]

BZ[/quote]

Thats how I feel.Hard to imagine,but we are definitely championship caliber,which
I'm sure is important to him.Cincy is not far from where he was born annd raised either,so
that should be a plus.I'd love for us to land this guy.

Guest CincyInDC
I saw Arrington on the local news here saying he wanted to stick with an NFC East team (namely the Eagles or Giants) so he could walk into FedEX field at least once a year. He didn't commit heresy by mentioning the Cowboys, plus he mentioned this shortly after he was released.

[quote name='TheBZ' post='231471' date='Mar 14 2006, 03:40 AM']That would certainly fulfill the need for another pass-rushing, wouldn't it?

I have trouble believing there is really a chance there...But it is fun to imagine.

BZ[/quote]

Hey TheBZ, you wrote that at [b][color="#FF0000"]03:40 AM [/color] [/b]is morning. WHAT are you doing that late (or early) up? Do you ever sleep?

Guest Claptonrocks
Aside from the ties he had with Marvin I dont think Cincy is high on Arrington's list...I think he likes the idea of playing in big market cities ..
Id like to think we have a shot at him though...

[quote name='Honkey' post='231455' date='Mar 14 2006, 01:00 AM'][quote name='bigfeet4real' post='231446' date='Mar 13 2006, 11:39 PM']
me and a couple of my friends have brought up this topic quite a few times over the past couple weeks...............if we get him, i'd be willing to get rid of simmons.............OH MAN..............just think.........if we had webster healthy it could be levar,webster and odell........... :blink: [/quote]

[/quote]

yeah i didn't forget about pollack at all.................i'd have him play DE as well as some OLB

Guest schotzee
[quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='231468' date='Mar 14 2006, 03:21 AM'][quote]Dayton Daily News

The Cincinnati Bengals have been relatively quiet thus far during this free agent process, signing only veteran S Dexter Jackson, an unrestricted free agent from Tampa Bay, to a four-year contract on Monday. However, the club could be on the verge of making major headlines if it can land arguably the top-rated linebacker on the open market, LaVar Arrington.

[b]Talks between the Bengals and representatives for Arrington are believed to be in the early stages, but things could heat up real soon.[/b]

According to Arrington's agent, Kevin Poston, the Bengals have contacted him regarding the Pro-Bowl linebacker, with the latest conversation taking place on Monday.

"Marvin [Lewis] definitely knows LaVar and there's definitely interest there," Poston said. "Marvin not only coached LaVar, but got to know him very intimately on the defensive side of the ball. Cincinnati is a great organization under Marvin's leadership and I'm sure he would like to get LaVar in there if he could. I think Marvin will try to do that."

Arrington, 27, played only one season (2002) under Marvin Lewis when Lewis served as defensive coordinator for the Washington Redskins. Arrington had his best output as a pro that year, registering 92 tackles and 11 sacks. Adding Arrington, who is versatile, aggressive and relentless, to the mix would give the Bengals a lot of flexibility on defense both rushing the passer and stopping the run. Such a move would likely nix the experiment of David Pollack playing the outside linebacker position. During the season Pollack was most effective while playing defensive end and showed that he could play the position at the pro level, which many doubted.

When asked what it would take for a team to land Arrington, Poston insisted that it had to be the right situation.

"The players want to know that the place they are going is not only a good football team, but one where they can fit in well with the coaches. But also the city and then the financial terms have to be right," Poston said.

Poston was speaking of Arrington and his other client, San Francisco 49ers LB Julian Peterson, who is also a free agent. Peterson has long been rumored to be drawing interest from the Cleveland Browns, but Poston said he hasn't set up anything with the organization as of yet.

Both Arrington and Peterson are receiving a considerable amount of interest from teams around the league. A total of 20 have expressed interest for the standout linebackers.

So you see Bengal fans, there's a reason why the team is spending its bank wisely and not like it's Monopoly money. [b]They Bengals are holding out, waiting to purchase some prime real estate - Boardwalk[/b].[/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/13.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/38.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Let it be!Pollack at DE Lavar OLB.

Bengals?
Giants
Browns
Eagles?
Dolphins

Bengals enter Arrington chase
<Mar. 14> According to the Dayton Daily News, the Bengals have contacted Arrington's agent, Kevin Poston, regarding the Pro-Bowl linebacker. While talks are believed to be in the early stages, things could heat up real soon.

Meanwhile, the Giants are believed to be debating whether to seriously pursue Arrington. The 27-year-old visited New York this weekend but left without an offer. According to the New York, the Giants coaching staff is is not sure he will fit in with the defensive scheme.

Arrington also met with the Dolphins over the weekend and has received interest from the Browns. The Eagles, on the market for playmakers to fortify their front seven, might also come up with an offer.

Archived